• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
MMG1974

I Got Popcorn 3 To Work Eventually.... Read How

Question

Hi Guys, I had similar problems to all of you. I bought a boxed version of Popcorn 3 today from the Apple Store. Installed it, but it would not open. I managed to register it and that was all it would do, apart from open the label designer.

To get it to work.... go to Roxio, download the latest update which is Popcorn 3.0.2.

Once you have downloaded it open the update folder, copy the popcorn file into the popcorn folder which you have ALREADY installed. It will ask you to replace the file and you will say yes.

That should get it working, it did work for me.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit basic - I am rather new to a Mac.

By the way I am furious that they must be aware of this issue but are not telling people as a matter of routine to install the update. I just could not understand what I was doing wrong!

5 answers to this question

Thanks for sharing this. Since the boxed version wouldn't launch you didn't get the window saying that an update is available. I'm glad you thought to look for one.

I bought my Popcorn 3 at an Apple Store 5/24/08 and I had the same problem of trying to install the software. It would not open once I installed. I was instructed to add the up-date which I did at home. It seemed to run and converted a DVD to and MP4 file but I am not sure if I did it correctly because the MP4 file will not work on my Blackberry like my other MP4 files and I cannot open the software on my computer after I shut it down. I am going back to the Apple store today to get this problem resolved. I am a new user too.

I went to Apple with my problem and the tech person was very helpful and got Popcorn3 updated with the 3.0.2 up-date and adjusted my laptop so that the software would open. I converted a 11 min. DVD to MP4 Blackberry and can play the video on my Blackberry. So far the software has worked well one I got it to open properly.

Edited by Helen A

[i bought a boxed version of Popcorn 3 today from the Apple Store. Installed it, but it would not open. I managed to register it and that was all it would do, apart from open the label designer.]

THIS IS EXACTLY THE ISSUE I AM HAVING WITH THE POPCORN 3 I PURCHASED! HAVE UNINSTALLED IT 4 TIMES AND REINSTALLED IT TRYING TO GET IT TO WORK, FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY. YET I COULDN'T GET IT TO WORK. THEN READ POST AND DOWNLOADED THE UPDATE. TRIED TO FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS BUT I AM SO LOST.

[Once you have downloaded it open the update folder, copy the popcorn file into the popcorn folder which you have ALREADY installed. It will ask you to replace the file and you will say yes.]

I AM NEW TO MAC AND AM TOTALLY LOST (OR REAL DENSE). I DOWNLOADED THE UPDATE AND INSTALL IT AS I UNDERSTOOD YOUR DIRECTIONS. I KNOW I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG, BECAUSE IT DID NOT ASK TO REPLACE IT AND WHEN I TRIED IT AFTER I THOUGHT I INSTALLED IT IT DID NOT WORK. I AM SORRY FOR SUCH A DUMB QUESTION, BUT COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO ME MORE IN DEPTH, SO I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO?

[Once you have downloaded it open the update folder]

WHICH FOLDER DO I OPEN? IS IT ONE IN THE DOWNLOAD STACKS OR SOMEWHERE ELSE?

copy the popcorn file into the popcorn folder which you have ALREADY installed

WHICH POPCORN FILE DO I COPY AND WHICH FOLDER DO I COPY IT INTO? HOW DO I COPY THE FILE INTO THE POPCORN FOLDER?

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP. HAVE HAD MY MAC LESS THEN A MONTH AND IT SOMETIMES SEEMS SO CONFUSING. THANKS! :blink:

Hi Guys, I had similar problems to all of you. I bought a boxed version of Popcorn 3 today from the Apple Store. Installed it, but it would not open. I managed to register it and that was all it would do, apart from open the label designer.

To get it to work.... go to Roxio, download the latest update which is Popcorn 3.0.2.

Once you have downloaded it open the update folder, copy the popcorn file into the popcorn folder which you have ALREADY installed. It will ask you to replace the file and you will say yes.

That should get it working, it did work for me.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit basic - I am rather new to a Mac.

By the way I am furious that they must be aware of this issue but are not telling people as a matter of routine to install the update. I just could not understand what I was doing wrong!

To make it less confusing for you. Just copy the update to a different location (maybe your utilities folder). Then you can manually go back and delete the original one.

[i bought a boxed version of Popcorn 3 today from the Apple Store. Installed it, but it would not open. I managed to register it and that was all it would do, apart from open the label designer.]

THIS IS EXACTLY THE ISSUE I AM HAVING WITH THE POPCORN 3 I PURCHASED! HAVE UNINSTALLED IT 4 TIMES AND REINSTALLED IT TRYING TO GET IT TO WORK, FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY. YET I COULDN'T GET IT TO WORK. THEN READ POST AND DOWNLOADED THE UPDATE. TRIED TO FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS BUT I AM SO LOST.

[Once you have downloaded it open the update folder, copy the popcorn file into the popcorn folder which you have ALREADY installed. It will ask you to replace the file and you will say yes.]

I AM NEW TO MAC AND AM TOTALLY LOST (OR REAL DENSE). I DOWNLOADED THE UPDATE AND INSTALL IT AS I UNDERSTOOD YOUR DIRECTIONS. I KNOW I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG, BECAUSE IT DID NOT ASK TO REPLACE IT AND WHEN I TRIED IT AFTER I THOUGHT I INSTALLED IT IT DID NOT WORK. I AM SORRY FOR SUCH A DUMB QUESTION, BUT COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO ME MORE IN DEPTH, SO I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO?

[Once you have downloaded it open the update folder]

WHICH FOLDER DO I OPEN? IS IT ONE IN THE DOWNLOAD STACKS OR SOMEWHERE ELSE?

copy the popcorn file into the popcorn folder which you have ALREADY installed

WHICH POPCORN FILE DO I COPY AND WHICH FOLDER DO I COPY IT INTO? HOW DO I COPY THE FILE INTO THE POPCORN FOLDER?

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP. HAVE HAD MY MAC LESS THEN A MONTH AND IT SOMETIMES SEEMS SO CONFUSING. THANKS! :blink:

Hi New2Mac, do not worry I am very new to a Mac too. Can you let me know if you have sorted your problem? If not, please send me a message and I will help you sort it out. Cheers.