Roxio Community

Dvd Wont Copy On My Toast Titanium 8 (result Code=-108)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jim42

Jim42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:44 PM

I searched the forum and found the following question:

Ok I need help! I'm a rookie when it comes to Mac so if I sound stupid, soory. I just purchased toast 8 This month and have burned DVDs fine since I've gotten it but now when I put it to record it, a tag comes up that says(could not record the disc because there was not enough memory. result code=-108) What exactly does that mean and how do I fix it so it will copy the DVD? Please explain it like I'm a five year old. LOL! do I need to clear out some files from somewhere?

Another member answered his question as follows:

The error has nothing to do with memory. What's happened is you are attempting to use a VIDEO_TS folder that is missing some of its original content. My guess is you didn't do a full disc extraction when ripping the source DVD.

This answer will not solve my problem, I did not rip a source DVD I created the DVD in Final Cut Pro and burned the DVD in DVD Studio Pro.  I no longer have the original files so I cannot burn additional discs from the source.  I need to make some copies from the DVD disc I created.  Anybody have any ideals?

#2 Jim42

Jim42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Jim42 @ May 29 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I searched the forum and found the following question:

Ok I need help! I'm a rookie when it comes to Mac so if I sound stupid, soory. I just purchased toast 8 This month and have burned DVDs fine since I've gotten it but now when I put it to record it, a tag comes up that says(could not record the disc because there was not enough memory. result code=-108) What exactly does that mean and how do I fix it so it will copy the DVD? Please explain it like I'm a five year old. LOL! do I need to clear out some files from somewhere?

Another member answered his question as follows:

The error has nothing to do with memory. What's happened is you are attempting to use a VIDEO_TS folder that is missing some of its original content. My guess is you didn't do a full disc extraction when ripping the source DVD.

This answer will not solve my problem, I did not rip a source DVD I created the DVD in Final Cut Pro and burned the DVD in DVD Studio Pro.  I no longer have the original files so I cannot burn additional discs from the source.  I need to make some copies from the DVD disc I created.  Anybody have any ideals?

I should add that I made this DVD in 2005, and am not sure what versions of the programs I was using.

#3 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,219 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

Are you wanting to duplicate the DVD as it is? If so are you using the Toast Copy window? Alternatively, try the DVD-ROM (UDF) format in the Toast Data window. Click New Disc and then drag in the VIDEO_TS folder from your DVD. I suggest choosing Save as Disc Image (from the File menu) and then burning the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting in the Copy window.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#4 Jim42

Jim42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (tsantee @ May 29 2008, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you wanting to duplicate the DVD as it is? If so are you using the Toast Copy window? Alternatively, try the DVD-ROM (UDF) format in the Toast Data window. Click New Disc and then drag in the VIDEO_TS folder from your DVD. I suggest choosing Save as Disc Image (from the File menu) and then burning the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

Yes I want to duplicate he DVD as is.  It is a family video that was a menu and is self starting just like a retail movie.  

Thanks for the suggestions but it did not work, got the same error message.

#5 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,219 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Jim42 @ May 29 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I want to duplicate he DVD as is.  It is a family video that was a menu and is self starting just like a retail movie.  

Thanks for the suggestions but it did not work, got the same error message.

It may be that the disc is damaged in some way and that Toast can't read something the IFO file is telling it to read. My brother has some DVDs he burned a few years ago that he can't copy now. I don't know if that's the error he received.

Something else to try is to insert the DVD and choose DVD video as the format in the Video window. Click the top button of the Toast media browser and choose DVD. Something should appear in the browser window in a couple seconds. Double-click on what appears and you should see the title or titles of videos on the disc. Select what you want from the browser and drag it to the Video window. If this works as it should Toast will extract the MPEG video from the DVD. Now set up a new menu in Toast just as if you were creating a new DVD. You can click on the thumbnail image to scroll to a different scene that will show as the menu button for your new DVD. When you're ready choose Save as Disc Image. Mounting the resulting disc image file gives the the chance to preview the menu and video with DVD Player before burning to disc. Burn the disc image using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#6 Jim42

Jim42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (tsantee @ May 29 2008, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It may be that the disc is damaged in some way and that Toast can't read something the IFO file is telling it to read. My brother has some DVDs he burned a few years ago that he can't copy now. I don't know if that's the error he received.

Something else to try is to insert the DVD and choose DVD video as the format in the Video window. Click the top button of the Toast media browser and choose DVD. Something should appear in the browser window in a couple seconds. Double-click on what appears and you should see the title or titles of videos on the disc. Select what you want from the browser and drag it to the Video window. If this works as it should Toast will extract the MPEG video from the DVD. Now set up a new menu in Toast just as if you were creating a new DVD. You can click on the thumbnail image to scroll to a different scene that will show as the menu button for your new DVD. When you're ready choose Save as Disc Image. Mounting the resulting disc image file gives the the chance to preview the menu and video with DVD Player before burning to disc. Burn the disc image using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

No, nothing works in Toast.  The disc plays correctly in a DVD player and on my computer but Toast will not copy it.  I looked around on the web and used a couple of DVD copy software demos and low and behold one of them copied my DVD with no problem.  Unfortunately the demo only allowed one copy.  I will have to decide what to do, purchase the software or work with Toast and hope for success.  Toast is the leading program for the Mac and this is inexcusable.

Thanks for your suggestions but I need someone who has overcome this problem because I am beginning to lose hope in Toast.

#7 Bexlam

Bexlam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:39 AM

OK, so this was a few years ago but I'm having the same problem as Jim42!!

Can I ask what other software you used? I have tried everyones suggestions too, wish it would work :(

Cheers,

Bex

#8 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,219 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:09 AM

View PostBexlam, on 18 March 2011 - 04:39 AM, said:

OK, so this was a few years ago but I'm having the same problem as Jim42!!

Can I ask what other software you used? I have tried everyones suggestions too, wish it would work :(

Cheers,

Bex
Since you're wanting to make a copy try this: Choose DVD-Rom (UDF) as the format in the Data window. Click New disc and name the disc. Then drag in the VIDEO_TS folder from the source DVD. Choose Save as Disc Image rather than clicking the burn button. When that is finished (hopefully it will work), eject the source disc and select the disc image file using the Image File setting in the Copy window. Now burn your new DVD. Let me know if this works. If it doesn't let me know at what point the error happened.

#9 jimmol

jimmol

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:09 AM

I am beginning to suspect that Toast 8 may no longer work properly with Snow Leopard. In the last couple of weeks I have found that I am unable to make disc images.  Toast will seem to be working fine, the DVD spins up but when I select "Save as Disc Image" the spinning beach ball comes up and never stops. Disc utility makes a disk image fine.
Finally time to upgrade Toast? Maybe.

#10 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,219 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:19 AM

View Postjimmol, on 13 May 2011 - 03:09 AM, said:

I am beginning to suspect that Toast 8 may no longer work properly with Snow Leopard. In the last couple of weeks I have found that I am unable to make disc images.  Toast will seem to be working fine, the DVD spins up but when I select "Save as Disc Image" the spinning beach ball comes up and never stops. Disc utility makes a disk image fine.
Finally time to upgrade Toast? Maybe.
Toast 11 has many improvements over Toast 8, so an upgrade makes sense. However, you shouldn't be having a problem making disc images with Toast 8 and Snow Leopard. Are you in the Data window or are you doing something else with Toast? You might try trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and then relaunch Toast to see if that makes a difference.

#11 jimmol

jimmol

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

View Posttsantee, on 13 May 2011 - 06:19 AM, said:

Toast 11 has many improvements over Toast 8, so an upgrade makes sense. However, you shouldn't be having a problem making disc images with Toast 8 and Snow Leopard. Are you in the Data window or are you doing something else with Toast? You might try trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and then relaunch Toast to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the Tip!
I am in the Copy window.
I trashed the plist and it works fine now.

JIM

#12 zyp0426

zyp0426

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

I know a very powerful and versatile DVD Copy Mac software for Mac users which which helps copy DVD movie (D5 to D5, D9 to D9) with the entire movie in 1:1 ratio perfectly. It can also compress DVD-9 (dual-layer DVD) to one DVD-5 disc with high quality.It is able to copy DVD to DVD, you can choose to backup DVD to ISO file or DVD folder on your computer or directly burn DVD to a blank DVD disc.If you are interested in it, you can browse this website for more messages.
http://www.dvdcopymac.net/ Mac DVD Copy.
Here are some other software about DVD which mignt interest you:
http://www.dvdcopyma...dvd-ripper.html Mac DVD Ripper,
http://www.dvdcopyma...-converter.html Mac DVD to iPod Converter,
http://www.dvdcopyma...-converter.html Mac DVD to MP4 Converter,
http://www.dvdcopyma...-converter.html Mac DVD to AVI Converter,
http://www.dvdcopyma...-converter.html Mac DVD to MP3 Converter,
http://www.dvdcopyma...-converter.html Mac DVD to PSP Converter,
http://www.dvdcopyma...-converter.html Mac DVD to Zune Converter,
http://www.dvdcopyma...-converter.html Mac DVD to 3GP Converter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users