5 replies to this topic

#1 mdspiro

mdspiro

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:27 AM

I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 9, and I'm having trouble getting song titles to burn onto an audio CD.   I'm a musician trying to master my own music to a CD.  The sources are WAV files.  I've gone into the properties of each track in the CD Creator module, and edited each song's title, artist, author, date, album title, etc.  This information seems to save fine in the Roxio program, since it shows up in the list perfectly -- and when I close the program and re-open it the titles are all still there.  The problem is when I burn the CD, the music plays fine in Windows Media Player, and in iTunes ... but the song titles are not there!  All I get is a generic list ("Track 1", "Track 2", "Track 3" etc.)  I've tried adjusting every option there is in Roxio, but nothing works.  Those titles simply won't burn!  Can someone please help me???  How can I get my song titles to burn along with the music, and appear in playlists just like commercial CD's do?

By the way -- I'm running Windows XP Media Edition SP3 on a new Dell XPS 720 with an Intel® Core™2 Q6600 Quad-Core processor running at 2.4GHz with 4 GB of SDRAM.  It's a powerful workstation-class computer that runs the most demanding software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and Audition) and burns DVD's and CD's otherwise without a hitch ... so I'm fairly confident that this problem is not hardware or OS related.

Edited by mdspiro, 04 June 2008 - 12:03 PM.

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,691 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:18 PM

Don't know about itunes but probably the same.  WMP does not support reading CD Text, does your burner support it?

CD-Text From Wikipedia

cd
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,609 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:27 PM

Based on your last post, you suggested that when you play the audio files on WMP, all they show are "Track-1, Track-2, track-3 etc." That would indicate to me that they are not playing "wav" audio files, but rather "cda" audio files. If they were wav files they at least would show the name of the audio file that you gave it. Sure when you burned the files that you didn't burn them as cda files ???

Frank...
REDWAGON

4 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

#4 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,418 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (mdspiro @ Jun 4 2008, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've tried adjusting every option there is in Roxio, but nothing works.  Those titles simply won't burn!  Can someone please help me???  How can I get my song titles to burn along with the music, and appear in playlists just like commercial CD's do?

Your carefully typed titles and information is probably getting onto the CD as you wanted, but your problem is that Windows Media Player doesn't display CD-Text without a special add-on.

If you want to check to see if the CD-Text is on the disc, use the HACP player which does read and display CD-Text.
The HACP player is a free download here (click). It's a very small program and a very useful tool for matters of CD-Text.

Windows Media Player will check commercial CDs against the internet database, and will display a database entry if the CD is in the database. If your CD is a compilation of tracks from various sources, it won't be found in the database so WMP won't be able to display the list of songs. It can only do that with CDs which are in the internet database.

Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#5 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,609 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:05 PM

The only text that WMP will display is or are the song titles that are assigned to each of the files "IF" you are playing "wav" files. If they are cda audio files then it's just track-1, track-2 etc.

Frank...
REDWAGON

4 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

#6 mdspiro

mdspiro

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Brendon @ Jun 4 2008, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your carefully typed titles and information is probably getting onto the CD as you wanted, but your problem is that Windows Media Player doesn't display CD-Text without a special add-on.

Thank you for all the informative replies!  The CD's I burned were audio CD's (with cda files) using WAV files as the SOURCE.  I though I made that clear from my original post.  Brendon, you were right ... WMP 10 and 11 requires a special free add-on to read CD-Text.  It's called the WMPCDText plug-in.  I found it here:

http://bmproductions.fixnum.org/index.htm?...s/wmpcdtext.htm

Once I installed it, my titles showed up!  I'm still not sure how to make iTunes also read the text ... but at least now I know the song titles are, indeed, on my disk.  Now if I can just figure out how to enter my CD's into the CDDB commercial database for access by everyone else, I'd be a really happy camper.  From what I read, the process of calulating the hexadecimal 8-digit "disk ID" code required for that database looks very complicated.

Michael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users