• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
ddurfee

Popcorn 3.0.2 Recompressing Fix

Question

I have seen some posts about the "an error had occurred recompressing the video" in Popcorn 3.0.2 but I have not seen any answers / fixes from Roxio. I have a fully updated Mac OS 10.5.3 and Popcorn gives me this error every time. I have tried it on Mac OS 10.4.11. I have fixed permissions on the 10.5.3 system. Nothing works. Unless I see a real fix from Roxio I will call my credit card company and stop the payment. I only bought this one day ago as a download. Roxio -- what is the fix?

1 answer to this question

I don't know how to help you with this because Popcorn 3.0.2 should work fine on your system with most DVDs. There can be individual discs that have defects that Popcorn cannot read or that have PCM audio which takes up too much space so there isn't enough room for the video (a problem with iDVD-created DVDs longer than about 3 hours), or some other problem such as a VIDEO_TS folder that's missing some of its original content.

My sense is there will be no "fix" from Roxio, so you might go ahead and get your refund. You don't need to stop payment on your credit card because Roxio has a refund policy giving you a certain number of days to decide whether or not to keep the software, presuming you bought it from Roxio.