• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 64 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Hegemonic50

Burning Shows to DVD

Question

When attempting to burn a photoshow to a DVD-R (4.7 GB) the process takes a long time but usually ends up telling me that it has failed to export/burn the DVD. How can I find out the size of the photoshow that I have created prior to starting the export/burn process?

Thanks!!

3 answers to this question

When attempting to burn a photoshow to a DVD-R (4.7 GB) the process takes a long time but usually ends up telling me that it has failed to export/burn the DVD. How can I find out the size of the photoshow that I have created prior to starting the export/burn process?

Thanks!!

The size of the Show may not be the problem. However, we do recommend that you do not exceed 400 photos.

Please try following these tips. Remember, whenever you have a failed burn attempt, you must restart your computer before you try again.

1. Close all other applications before you begin the burning process. Do not use other programs while burning your show to disc.

2. Use the right kind of blank media disc. If you are making a DVD, be sure to use blank DVD+-RW, DVD-R or DVD+R discs. (Which kind you should use depends on what type of DVD burner you have. If you own a DVD-R burner, you must use DVD-R or DVD+-RW discs. If you own a DVD+R burner, you must use DVD+R or DVD+-RW discs.) If you are making an SVCD, be sure to use blank CD-R or CD-RW media.

3. Choose the slowest write speed (you can do so in the Burn DVD/VCD dialog box by clicking the Options button and then clicking the Write Speed drop-down menu).

4. Be patient. Rendering and burning PhotoShows to disc can be a time-consuming process. Don't use your computer for other purposes, or open any other applications during this period.

In general, it's a good idea to have at least a few gigabytes of free space on your hard drive when burning PhotoShows to DVD or SVCD. Computers with 256 MB of RAM or less are especially likely to require extra free space on their hard drive, for virtual memory requirements.

Let me know if you continue to have problems, and be sure to describe each one in as much detail as possible: the steps you take leading up to it, how frequently it occurs, the exact text of any error messages you receive, and how you get out of it. This will help to provide a solution more quickly.

Hello.. I am also having an issue burning my show onto a DVD. Actually, I was successful in burning one DVD on medium setting, but the show jumped around and skipped some parts; so then I tried to make another DVD, with slow setting... and now it's been two hours trying to burn the DVD --it prepared it, processed photos, processed audio and merged audio and video.. and now it's on burning (building image) and the yellow bar is not progressing anymore. What does this mean? I don't get any error messages, but it's been more than two hours now.. is that normal? I've done everything you've already said to try. Please help.