5 replies to this topic

#1 BarbaraInMemphis

BarbaraInMemphis

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:12 PM

Ya'll are probably sick of seeing BarbaraInMemphis - I'm sorry - but I'm a newbie as I'm sure you can tell.    unsure.gif
When I open MyPhotoShow software, it shows I have received a new PhotoShow. It asks if I want to download it so I select yes. It starts then I get a message that "Sorry, an error has occurred - PhotoShow will now quit". Now what am I doing wrong?

Thanks again
Barbara

#2 David de Roxio

David de Roxio

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (BarbaraInMemphis @ Jun 25 2008, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya'll are probably sick of seeing BarbaraInMemphis - I'm sorry - but I'm a newbie as I'm sure you can tell.    unsure.gif
When I open MyPhotoShow software, it shows I have received a new PhotoShow. It asks if I want to download it so I select yes. It starts then I get a message that "Sorry, an error has occurred - PhotoShow will now quit". Now what am I doing wrong?

Thanks again
Barbara

We need just a little more information to address this error.

Please let us know which version of Windows you are using. Which title, version and build of our software are you using? To find out, open PhotoShow and click on the 'About' or 'Credits' link on the Main Menu screen. Then look at the lower right hand corner of the credits screen to find out the version and build number that you have installed. Let me know what you discover.

#3 BarbaraInMemphis

BarbaraInMemphis

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:24 AM

I am using Windows XP. I'm using PhotoShow DeLuxe 4.5  Version 4.5.1 Build 1034

#4 David de Roxio

David de Roxio

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (BarbaraInMemphis @ Jun 26 2008, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am using Windows XP. I'm using PhotoShow DeLuxe 4.5  Version 4.5.1 Build 1034

There is a fix for you.

Make sure you have set Windows to show hidden folders. Here are the steps to do this:

1) Open a folder
2) Click on the 'Tools' option
3) Click on 'Folder Options' from the drop down menu
4) Click on the 'View' tab
5) Check 'Show hidden files and folders'
6) Click 'Apply' to save your settings

Then go to this location:
C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data

Note: the [USERNAME] is the name of the user account that installed PhotoShow.

If you have a branded version (i.e. Nero, Walgreens, Road Runner etc.) you will find a folder at this address with the brand name. If you have the unbranded (Simple Star) version you will find a Simple Star folder. In any case, open the corresponding folder. You should see another folder named "PS4 Image Database". Delete this folder.

Then reinstall PhotoShow. If you have lost your order information, you may need to contact support.

#5 BarbaraInMemphis

BarbaraInMemphis

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:27 PM

Nope, that didn't work either. The same thing happened again, twice.

I made another PhotoShow today & when I tried to download that one it said it was unable to establish a connection to the server. I thought that maybe if I made the show at PS.com instead of on my PC, I'd be able to download it but I can't do that either.

Any other suggestions?

#6 David de Roxio

David de Roxio

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (BarbaraInMemphis @ Jun 29 2008, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, that didn't work either. The same thing happened again, twice.

I made another PhotoShow today & when I tried to download that one it said it was unable to establish a connection to the server. I thought that maybe if I made the show at PS.com instead of on my PC, I'd be able to download it but I can't do that either.

Any other suggestions?

It seems you were able to install PhotoShow again but you are now having download issues with a Show.

I see you are using PhotoShow 4.5. Shows edited or created on PhotoShow.com will not download into PhotoShow 4 or 4.5. This feature is not backward compatible. PhotoShow 5 can share these shows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users