• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Hegemonic50

Failure To Launch/open

Question

I have been using the software for several weeks and last night in the middle of creating a photoshow it shut itself down indicating an internal error. Since then I have been unable to launch the application. After the logo/screen appears it beeps and says: "ASn unexpected error has occured. Photoshow will now close." I am running Windows XP so I am not sure that the other instructions I have seen on the posts will help (some of the icons/directions are different). Thanks for any help in getting this running again - I am not sure if uninstalling/reinstalling will solve the issue or just be a temporary fix.

Thanks!

Matt

18 answers to this question

I have encountered the same problem as Matt, the show says unexpected error and will close, and it never operates again. Any ideas,thanks?

I have encountered the same problem as Matt, the show says unexpected error and will close, and it never operates again. Any ideas,thanks?

The topic: Photoshow Installation Freezes covers this issue. I posted some suggestions in my Jun 11th post.

The basic idea is to find and delete the PS4 image database folder. If you have a branded version of PhotoShow (it may say Nero or Walgreens or another brand when PhotoShow opens) you must go to the Applications data folder, then go to the folder that corresponds to your brand. Inside will be the PS4 Image database.

If you have set Windows to display hidden folders, you could search for the folder.

Please post with your results or problems and describe where you are having trouble.

I also have received the message"unexpected error. Photo show will now close." I went into my files and deleted my Photo Show 4 but it still gives me the same message. I don't know what else I need to do. Help.

I also have received the message"unexpected error. Photo show will now close." I went into my files and deleted my Photo Show 4 but it still gives me the same message. I don't know what else I need to do. Help.

This is a rare case. If you can still open PhotoShow, upload all your Shows to your site. Then uninstall PhotoShow. As you do this, make sure to uncheck the box asking you to keep the database. Then reinstall the Program.

This will not affect your photos but it will remove your Shows. You will have to re-download them into PhotoShow after you have reinstalled.

Please only attempt this if you have already tried my previous suggestion first.

About my Photo show 5 Problem. Ever since getting the "unexpected error" comment, I have not been able to get into Photo Show 5 at all. It gives me that comment and immediately closes. When I tried to delete the Photo Show 4 file it says "cannot delete file: Cannot read from source file or disk. Now what do I do. I am very frustrated. Is there a number to call so that I can talk to an actual person?

Edited by lazoo

About my Photo show 5 Problem. Ever since getting the "unexpected error" comment, I have not been able to get into Photo Show 5 at all. It gives me that comment and immediately closes. When I tried to delete the Photo Show 4 file it says "cannot delete file: Cannot read from source file or disk. Now what do I do. I am very frustrated. Is there a number to call so that I can talk to an actual person?

This would tell me that you still have PhotoShow running. Please close PhotoShow and try to delete the file. If you still see this error, restart your computer (do not open PhotoShow) then go directly to the folder and try again.

I am having the same "Failure to Launch" problem. I am running Photoshow 5 with Vista. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and the same problem occurs after installation. I can't get back into Photoshow. A big family event is in the middle of August that I need to create a Photoshow for. Any ideas?

I am having the same "Failure to Launch" problem. I am running Photoshow 5 with Vista. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and the same problem occurs after installation. I can't get back into Photoshow. A big family event is in the middle of August that I need to create a Photoshow for. Any ideas?

You will need to find the PS4 image database in this location:

C:\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming

Note: the [uSERNAME] is the name of the user account that installed PhotoShow.

If you have a branded version (i.e. Nero, Walgreens, Road Runner etc.) you will find a folder at this address with the brand name. If you have the unbranded (Simple Star) version you will find a Simple Star folder. In any case, open the corresponding folder. You should see another folder named "PS4 Image Database". Delete this folder.

Then reinstall PhotoShow. If you have lost your order information, you may need to contact support.

I deleted PS4 Image Database folder but when PS5 reinstalled, it reappeared. Should I delete it again? While in that folder, Simple Star, I also noticed PhotoShow II. Should that be deleted as well?

Thanks.

If you have a branded version (i.e. Nero, Walgreens, Road Runner etc.) you will find a folder at this address with the brand name. If you have the unbranded (Simple Star) version you will find a Simple Star folder. In any case, open the corresponding folder. You should see another folder named "PS4 Image Database". Delete this folder.

Then reinstall PhotoShow. If you have lost your order information, you may need to contact support.

Edited by BarbaraInMemphis

Well i'am having some same problem and does anyone have any idea where to find the

ps4 file.

I have been searching with no luck.

Thanks for any help

Marie

Well i'am having some same problem and does anyone have any idea where to find the

ps4 file.

I have been searching with no luck.

Thanks for any help

Marie

Hi,

You have to use Windows Explorer, make sure you have the options set to show hidden folders. Open the C drive, find users, your name, under that will be AppData, open and find Roaming, then find Simple Star, then PS4 image database file folder. Delete that folder, then reinstall the program. I did that, without uninstalling the program first, and it worked for me. Good luck. I've used the prgram for many years, through 3 different versions, and have probably experienced every error that has existed!

I have done all of this over and over again. Why is it happening and can it be fixed in another way. I'm in serious trouble due to not being able to make a wedding DVD. I have the Photo Show 5 CD with all the themes and activation codes. Thank you.

1. I believe I upgraded to Photo Show 5 from the Kodak Print and Share Program, that I re-paid for, but that's okay.

2. I'm using Windows Vista.

3. I am spending countless hours to get Photo Show 5 to open.

4. I removed the PS4 image at least 20 times.

5. Every time I removed the PS4 image database I reinstalled Photo Show 5 from my CD.

6. It reinstalls the PS4 image file, so what's the sense of reinstalling it?

7. Yesterday when I clicked on my desktop Photo Show 5 icon, it recognized new photos and downloaded them,

but, I still couldn't open it without getting the same error message.

8. Yesterday, also when I clicked on the Photo Show 5 icon, it went through an upgrade, that I allowed.

9. I took a vacation day from work today with hopes of making a wedding DVD.

10. If I uninstall the Photo Show 5 program, and reinstall it from the CD that I have with Photo Show 5 on it

will that resolve the problem?

11. My problems began when Roxio bought Simple Star.

12. I put a support ticked in, but no one responded to me.

13. I can't use Roxio because I can't make the pictures the size of a full screen in the video; I can't add different music to each set;

I can't see my pictures to add clip art to; the clip art appears in a box and the photos are behind it;

14. The Roxio photo show is very tiny on my screen with words on the side; this is very difficult to use.

15. I attempted to download 280+ pictures and only 199 of them are in Roxio.

Now, with all the complaints on this thread, what am I missing, what should or can I do today, and why doesn't support get back

to me?

Photo Show 5 support (not Roxio) acutally called ME when I sent a support ticket to them last year, and Roxio charged me an

international fee. I didn't purchase anything out of the USA.

I have all my activation keys.

Please help me, as I'm now very late making this DVD and am wasting a vacation day to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

I too have this problem with photoshow 5 no problem until Roxio took over. I have paid over $100 for the software, upgrades etc. I have sent several emails to roxio, customer support yet to no avail. I think this is really sad that someone spends so much money then so much time and it means nothing to these companies. no response not a care. really sad.

I have Roxio PhotoShow 5 and I don't have any problems with it, however, I have no other versions on my computer, either now or past. So I am not sure what the problem is. Maybe David will have an answer. <_<

I have Roxio PhotoShow 5 and I don't have any problems with it, however, I have no other versions on my computer, either now or past. So I am not sure what the problem is. Maybe David will have an answer. <_<

Patty,

I don't want to use Roxio's PS. I need to use Photo Show 5 Deluxe. Roxio's shows have none of the extras. If you ever used Photo Show 5 Deluxe you'd know what I'm talking about.

I paid for with PS5, the upgrade, Roxio, Kodak, etc. As I said, no one is responding to any of my Support Tickets, so I'm in a serious bind and it is very frustrating not having a fix for this problem.

Sandy

I too have this problem with photoshow 5 no problem until Roxio took over. I have paid over $100 for the software, upgrades etc. I have sent several emails to roxio, customer support yet to no avail. I think this is really sad that someone spends so much money then so much time and it means nothing to these companies. no response not a care. really sad.

Please let me know if you ever are back up and running. I'm trying everything and I'm getting

no where. I still haven't gotten a reply to my support tickets. Thanks!

Patty,

I don't want to use Roxio's PS. I need to use Photo Show 5 Deluxe. Roxio's shows have none of the extras. If you ever used Photo Show 5 Deluxe you'd know what I'm talking about.

I paid for with PS5, the upgrade, Roxio, Kodak, etc. As I said, no one is responding to any of my Support Tickets, so I'm in a serious bind and it is very frustrating not having a fix for this problem.

Sandy

Please let me know if you ever are back up and running. I'm trying everything and I'm getting

no where. I still haven't gotten a reply to my support tickets. Thanks!

I have Photo Show 5 Deluxe as well, I yet to hear from anyone in reference to my tickets either. Frustrating is not the word I would use anymore. Would be nice if someone actually helped with this issue, however it appears that is is not important to the Support group?

1. I believe I upgraded to Photo Show 5 from the Kodak Print and Share Program, that I re-paid for, but that's okay.

2. I'm using Windows Vista.

3. I am spending countless hours to get Photo Show 5 to open.

4. I removed the PS4 image at least 20 times.

5. Every time I removed the PS4 image database I reinstalled Photo Show 5 from my CD.

6. It reinstalls the PS4 image file, so what's the sense of reinstalling it?

7. Yesterday when I clicked on my desktop Photo Show 5 icon, it recognized new photos and downloaded them,

but, I still couldn't open it without getting the same error message.

8. Yesterday, also when I clicked on the Photo Show 5 icon, it went through an upgrade, that I allowed.

9. I took a vacation day from work today with hopes of making a wedding DVD.

10. If I uninstall the Photo Show 5 program, and reinstall it from the CD that I have with Photo Show 5 on it

will that resolve the problem?

11. My problems began when Roxio bought Simple Star.

12. I put a support ticked in, but no one responded to me.

13. I can't use Roxio because I can't make the pictures the size of a full screen in the video; I can't add different music to each set;

I can't see my pictures to add clip art to; the clip art appears in a box and the photos are behind it;

14. The Roxio photo show is very tiny on my screen with words on the side; this is very difficult to use.

15. I attempted to download 280+ pictures and only 199 of them are in Roxio.

Now, with all the complaints on this thread, what am I missing, what should or can I do today, and why doesn't support get back

to me?

Photo Show 5 support (not Roxio) acutally called ME when I sent a support ticket to them last year, and Roxio charged me an

international fee. I didn't purchase anything out of the USA.

I have all my activation keys.

Please help me, as I'm now very late making this DVD and am wasting a vacation day to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

List of my problems and equipment..

Laptop Dell xps m1330

Photoshow v 5 bought of course.

Acquired a license to also instal in desk top approved by Simple star.

Problems now:

1.can not start up thinks for ever and hours later does not ever open..

2. Last time it worked ... says the UP-loader does not work... But keeps sending invitation messages to

all of my people ( 50 addresses) over and over and over... and there is contents,photos nothing.. just the

notice.. And I can not cure it at all... people are hating me already...

3. Had lots of trouble trying to edit.. first pictiure an it will hang up and that was it.. never again.

Desperate also as everyone here.. and no help from Roxio... Yes all troubles started when they bought it...too BAd.

No people,no cure and I am lost..

Question... I am afraid of uninstalling the soft... is there anyb risk of loosing all photos, and all shows...???

I am afraid of doing that... but ...tell me how.. may be... But remember I can not UPLOAD..or nothing.

Severely troubled

Ted

HELp ( ROXIO )