• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 tko

tko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:17 PM

My operation system is vista home premium.  I burned a DVD with the EASY CD&DVD Burning's vista compatible version, but there is no sound on the DVD after the burning except the opening Menu.  Did anyone had a same problem like I did?  Could anyone help me please.Tko

Edited by tko, 20 July 2008 - 05:12 AM.

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (tko @ Jul 18 2008, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My operation system is vista home premium.  I burned a DVD with the EASY CD&DVD Burning, but there is no sound after the Menu.  Did anyone had a same problem like I did?  Could anyone help me please.Tko

What is the title of the software on the box?

Edited by grandpabruce, 18 July 2008 - 05:34 PM.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#3 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:55 PM

Assuming you have the Red Box "Roxio DVD & CD Burning" - what is the Version number?  It should either start with a 6 or with 9.05 - answers will not be the same because the V.6 is a re-issue of ECD/DVDC 6 whereas V.9.05 is a cut-down Version of EMC 9.

One quick way to check - the V.9.05 should say 'Vista compatible' on the box.

Lynn

#4 tko

tko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (grandpabruce @ Jul 18 2008, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is the title of the software on the box?

Thanks for the reply.  The title is EASY CD&DVD Brning MINI/CS Rev:B.  It is the Vista compatible version.  It said on the box, but I could not install by my self. I got a error message," error 1327 Invalid:F," so I called HP tech support and they helped me to install.
I finally was able to burn a DVD video file.  There was a sound at the Menu, but the sound is gone as soon as the video started.
Have you had a problem like this before?

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,592 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:28 AM

AC3 sound is not supported in the Red Box version. I do not recall the exact symptoms but I believe you can hear it after capture but it will not burn onto a project.

It will issue a warning message when the offending clip is loaded into a project.

You might try running the clip through Windows Movie Maker and outputting it in a different format so that it is forced to re-render the file.

Posted Image

#6 tko

tko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (Jim_Hardin @ Jul 20 2008, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AC3 sound is not supported in the Red Box version. I do not recall the exact symptoms but I believe you can hear it after capture but it will not burn onto a project.

It will issue a warning message when the offending clip is loaded into a project.

You might try running the clip through Windows Movie Maker and outputting it in a different format so that it is forced to re-render the file.

Thank you for taking time and replying for me! I tried the Movie maker like you suggested.  But the sound did not transfer neither.  There is sound in the file when I try with the Windows media player, but it does not transfer to the movie maker.  

The Windows DVD maker made DVD does not play on my regular DVD player no matter how many time I burned so I wanted to try the Roxio Easy CD&DVD burning vista compatible.  I finally could play the DVD on my DVD regular player, but it does not have any sound at all.  I issued the Roxio support ticket.  So far they have not replied to me.  I bought the software from the Office Depot and they don't refund money for oped box software.

#7 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,592 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:07 AM

I suggested using to WMM to convert the file not to burn it.

What is the SOURCE of this file you are trying to burn?

A good test would be to load and burn a file or two from another source or sources and see how it does. –RW media is great for testing.

Posted Image

#8 tko

tko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (Jim_Hardin @ Jul 21 2008, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suggested using to WMM to convert the file not to burn it.

What is the SOURCE of this file you are trying to burn?

A good test would be to load and burn a file or two from another source or sources and see how it does. –RW media is great for testing.

Thanks for your reply
I transfer the VHS video to Video files by the Pinnacle video recorder.  The file is VTS and Video TS.  The Windows DVD maker does not recognized or support this file.  The Roxio can burn this file, but the not the audio for some reason.  The Roxio tech support has not replied to me so far.
Tko

#9 gaper1

gaper1

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

if you already have a Video_TS folder, the files are already in DVD format. Try to play it on your computer and see if there is any sound.

#10 Horrorwitz

Horrorwitz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:03 AM

I have never been able to get Easy CD and DVD to burn a DVD with sound on it ever, not once. I only use the program to burn CDs. I eventually did upgrade to Roxio's EMC 10 but was never able to get it to run without errors. I did get a refund from Roxio for the EMC 10 but not after wasting many hours and having much aggrivation.
I am running:
Windows XP Media Center Edition version 2002.
AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual
Core Processor 3800+
1.00 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM

#11 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,592 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Horrorwitz @ Oct 8 2008, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have never been able to get Easy CD and DVD to burn a DVD with sound on it ever, not once. I only use the program to burn CDs. I eventually did upgrade to Roxio's EMC 10 but was never able to get it to run without errors. I did get a refund from Roxio for the EMC 10 but not after wasting many hours and having much aggrivation.

This thread is 3 months old???

You tried 2 versions of the software and couldn't get either to work. In light of the fact that nearly everyone else is able to get both version to work, why would you want everyone to know that?

Posted Image

#12 ladyalthea

ladyalthea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (Jim_Hardin @ Oct 8 2008, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread is 3 months old???

You tried 2 versions of the software and couldn't get either to work. In light of the fact that nearly everyone else is able to get both version to work, why would you want everyone to know that?

I cant get it to work either.  and who cares how old a thread is?  its better than a duplicate one i would think.

Im very disappointed with this software.  who wants to burn a dvd with no sound?

ridiculous.  and yes i joined to voice my displeasure.

#13 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

ladyalthea -

it can be caused by different things - the sound card setting, the type of audio (the RedBox doesn't process some), etc.  Unless the hardware and software environment are identical, it could well be a different problem.  Consider that if a car won't start, it may be the sparkplugs, it may be lack of gas, it may be no key in the ignition, etc.

These are user Forums, so you aren't talking to Roxio - in fact, Roxio techs rarely drop by, and they have a Roxio logo by their name.

Merely saying "me too" doesn't sound like you want help.

Lynn

#14 Horrorwitz

Horrorwitz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:26 PM

Sometimes just knowing other people are having the same problem IS helpful.

I think that this program is just a cheaper "no frills" type but that doesn't excuse it being a bad one for DVD mastering. There are numerous things that are annoying about it such as the sound issues and being forced to have pre-recorded menu music with no option to switch the music off or change it at all. And not being able to save a project is just inexcusable. It is, however, usable for making audio CDs but then that's not neccesarily why most people are buying it.

I have recently upgraded to Roxio Creator 2009 and so far that seems to be working pretty good.
I am running:
Windows XP Media Center Edition version 2002.
AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual
Core Processor 3800+
1.00 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users