Syrallas

Did Forum Look Just Change?

Question

44 answers to this question

surprised me too... do you like the new theme?

Personally, I like changes from time to time as long as they don't slow me down. I would like to see some 'personalization' allowed but maybe if I read around more, I'll found out how that works. I'm interested in knowing exactly what all changed.

Personally, I like changes from time to time as long as they don't slow me down. I would like to see some 'personalization' allowed but maybe if I read around more, I'll found out how that works. I'm interested in knowing exactly what all changed.

I think it's pretty much the same Paul. But it sure has been narrowed down quite a bit. I guess it will just take a little time getting used to, huh ?

Frank...

Yes it's certainly narrower but it looks more integrated as part of Roxio site with the orange theme. ;)

Try #master_wrap {width: 90% !important ;} in Stylish (Firefox addon) to widen the page display. Not a big fan of orange. Will be doing some serious color tweaking in Stylish including blocking the orange icons and using the alt text navigation instead.

Try #master_wrap {width: 90% !important ;} in Stylish (Firefox addon) to widen the page display. Not a big fan of orange. Will be doing some serious color tweaking in Stylish including blocking the orange icons and using the alt text navigation instead.

Never used that add-on before and have to give it a try. Thanks for the tip. ;)

Font a little small for these old eyes. Not too keen on the format either. Oh well, the world moves ahead and one must adapt I guess. Although I have to admit I have less enthusiasm for signing in now. This view gives me a headache.

Good tip on Stylish.It definately makes it a bit more palpatable.

Good tip on Stylish.It definitely makes it a bit more palatable.

Making some progress. This is the current rendition:

rox_current.gif

Edited by sisterscape

Guest ml

I don't mind the colors, but the display font size is giving me a headache.

Anyone have a magnifying glass? :lol:

I changed the % to 100 and now it fills my whole widescreen monitor.Thanks :)

No but I was already starting to wear my glasses more during the day than not. This will make it worse.

In FF if you do a ctrl ++ (ctrl with the + or -) you can increase or decrease the screen size. It's not the same as if they'd widen the margins.

sisterscape, I'm having trouble finding the style you mentioned....care to point me with a link for that one? That site is very slow too.

No but I was already starting to wear my glasses more during the day than not. This will make it worse.

In FF if you do a ctrl ++ (ctrl with the + or -) you can increase or decrease the screen size. It's not the same as if they'd widen the margins.

sisterscape, I'm having trouble finding the style you mentioned....care to point me with a link for that one? That site is very slow too.

Paul,just go to Tools,Add ons and hit get Extensions.When you get to the FF site search for Stylish.Once it's installed open it and then type into the box at the bottom the line that she showed.Like I said I increased the percentage to 100 and it then fills my screen

I just did this by clicking view>text size>increase on Firefox. Good tip.

On a non-display related note, I like the fact that I don't accidentally hit customer service when trying to search ( :lol: ), but I don't like the way the search feature is now working. Unless I'm doing something wrong (always a possibility :rolleyes:) search results now bring you to the first "hit" in your search, rather than a list of hits from which to choose.

shockqf0.gif

Edited by Syrallas

Paul,just go to Tools,Add ons and hit get Extensions.When you get to the FF site search for Stylish.Once it's installed open it and then type into the box at the bottom the line that she showed.Like I said I increased the percentage to 100 and it then fills my screen

I've gotten that far but when I open up the add ons, then click on Stylish, it tells me to go visit the stylish site (which doesn't seem to work so well at the moment). There's no place to add anything. I must be doing something wrong or need stronger glasses.

post-79-1216923554.jpg

Hit Write and it will open the box then paste that line in.Make sure you get all the way from the # to the last }.

Edited by tbrewst

Click the Write icon. then copy the following line onto clipboard and paste on the lower box of the Add Style window that popped up when you clicked the Write icon.

#master_wrap {width: 90% !important ;}

Press Preview to see how it looks like. Terry changed his to 100 (instead of 90).

Edited by malatekid

Hit Write and it will open the box then paste that line in.Make sure you get all the way from the # to the last }.

Ah, the '}' makes all the difference in the world. Man I'm dense!

I also looked all over the page for the Stylish icon and found it at the bottom right.

Thanks for the tip and the help.

Yeah,the 90% only partially fills my screen.

Now if I can figure out lines of code for other things maybe I can customize it some more.

I'm just doing it on my desktop. Here's what I've got so far - no header or footer to boot! I'll post the final version here once I get it tweaked. It'll be my afternoon project.

EDIT: Slightly different colors and other tweaks. Sorry the presentation is messy . . . it's a work in progress. Check back regularly for 'improvements'.

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain(forums.support.roxio.com)
{
#mainNavigation {display: none  !important; }
#master_wrap {width: 90% !important; margin-top: -125px !important; }
.member_wrap {border-color:  #EADFD0 !important; }
.member_wrap h5 {background-color: #AD7034 !important; }
.member_wrap h5 a {color: #FFFFFF  !important; }
.borderwrap, table, tr, td {border-color:  #EADFD0 !important; }
.maintitle, .maintitlecollapse {background-color: #AD7034 !important; color: #FFFFFF  !important; border-color:  #EADFD0 !important; }
p a {color: #FFFFFF  !important; }
.ipbtable th {background-color: #BD8D5F !important; color: #FFFFFF  !important; }
.ipbtable tbody th {border-color: #EADFD0 !important; }
.ipbtable a {color: #755024 !important; }
.ipbtable th a {color: #FFFFFF  !important; }
.member_wrap a {color: #755024 !important; }
#_submenu a {color: #755024 !important; }
.subtitle {background: #EADFD0 !important; }
.darkrow1 {background: #EADFD0 !important; }
.formsubtitle {background-color: #FEF8E7 !important; }
.post_head {background: #DFCEB5 !important; }
.popmenubutton-new-out {background-color: #FEF8E7 !important; }
#footerLinks  {display: none  !important; }
.trim  {display: none  !important; }
.codetop,
.sqltop,
.quotetop,
.htmltop {background: #EADFD0 !important; border: 1px dotted #000 !important; border-bottom: 0 !important; border-left: 4px solid #AD7034 !important; }
.quotemain {border-left: 4px solid #AD7034 !important; color: #755024 !important; }
.codemain,
.sqlmain,
.htmlmain {border: 1px dotted #000 !important; border-top: 0 !important; color: #755024 !important; }
.pagelink,
.pagelinklast,
.pagecurrent,
.minipagelink,
.minipagelinklast {background: #EADFD0 !important; color: #755024 !important; }
.pagecurrent {background: #DFCEB5 !important; color: #755024 !important; }
.formbuttonrow, .barc {background-color: #EADFD0 !important; }
.barc a {color: #755024 !important; }
.catend {background-color: #BD8D5F !important; display: none  !important; }
.rte-option-panel  {background-color: #FEF8E7 !important; }
.rte-menu-emo-header  {background-color: #DFCEB5 !important; color: #755024 !important; }
#gfooter {background-color: #EADFD0 !important; color: #755024 !important; }
#gfooter a {color: #755024 !important; }
.copyright  {display: none  !important; }
#fast-reply-controls {background-color: #EADFD0 !important; }
.rte-buttonbar {background-color: #FEF8E7 !important; }
.pp-tabon {background-color: #DFCEB5 !important; color: #755024 !important; }
.pp-taboff {background-color: #AD7034 !important; color: #FFFFFF  !important; }
.pp-tabclear {background-color: #EADFD0 !important; color: #755024 !important; }
.pp-tabon a {background-color: #DFCEB5 !important; color: #755024 !important; }
.pp-taboff a {background-color: #AD7034 !important; color: #FFFFFF  !important; }
.pp-contentbox-back {background-color: #DFCEB5 !important; }
.pp-contentbox-back a {color: #755024 !important; }
#redirectwrap h4 {background-color: #AD7034 !important; color: #FFFFFF  !important; }
.redirectfoot {background-color: #DFCEB5 !important; color: #755024 !important; }
.redirectfoot a {color: #755024 !important; }
}

Yeah,the 90% only partially fills my screen.

Now if I can figure out lines of code for other things maybe I can customize it some more.

I set it at 90% because I like margins. Download the DOM Inspector or Aardvark addons to decipher the structure of the site without slogging through source code.

Try the NoSquint addon. I couldn't surf without it.

Edited by sisterscape

So you can simply add code one after the other on the same page with Stylish and not have add them one at a time separately?

So you can simply add code one after the other on the same page with Stylish and not have add them one at a time separately?

Styles for the same URL go in one file.

Ugh, what happened?

Well I'm not on this near as much as all the others helping out but I'm glad of that cause this hurts my eyes. I guess I'm not big on change...it confuses me :huh: !

Ugh, what happened?

Well I'm not on this near as much as all the others helping out but I'm glad of that cause this hurts my eyes. I guess I'm not big on change...it confuses me :huh: !

Well, don't feel like the Lone Ranger !! :lol:

Frank...