Syrallas

Did Forum Look Just Change?

Question

44 answers to this question

I went for a cup of coffee and left the board open (I also use the computer for ham radio work) and when I came back I thought my video settings had been messed up :lol:

Guest ml

Now why should I have to jump through hoops to change the font so that I can read it on this forum. :angry:

This new font size is truly giving me a headache and my eyesight is pretty good.

I'll be back if and when I can read this forum without getting a headache.

On a positive note . . . the strobing user name hover has been fixed. FINALLY!

I never minded that, you know me, I like a little action round here. ;)

What is killing me sister is the orange color of your, 'State-of-the-Science on the Health Risks of GM Foods' could you look into that please. :)

cd

I think that's the board doing that CD - all links have gone that colour (reminds me of fruit that has gone past the sell by date)

I think that's the board doing that CD - all links have gone that colour (reminds me of fruit that has gone past the sell by date)

Mine were that way, but I fixed them! :D

cd

What is killing me sister is the orange color of your, 'State-of-the-Science on the Health Risks of GM Foods' could you look into that please. :)

That is the board link color. I'm not seeing it because 1) I have sigs hidden and 2) I've already changed all the link colors to my liking in Stylish. ;)

What is killing me sister is the orange color of your, 'State-of-the-Science on the Health Risks of GM Foods' could you look into that please.

That is the board link color. I'm not seeing it because 1) I have sigs hidden and 2) I've already changed all the link colors to my liking in Stylish. ;)

Thanks sister, now that I have copied and pasted contents of post # 22. I don't see that wonderful orange color anymore! :)

cd

Thanks sister, now that I have copied and pasted contents of post # 22. I don't see that wonderful orange color anymore! :)

cd

Glad to hear it worked for you. You've noticed that here's lots more besides the orange links that 'disappeared' via my Stylish tweaks. ;) Can't do anything about the ugly gray/yellow icons though. Maybe whoever put this together is color impaired?

Edited by sisterscape

Glad to hear it worked for you. You've noticed that here's lot's more besides the orange links that 'disappeared' via my Stylish tweaks. ;) Can't do anything about the ugly gray/yellow icons though. Maybe whoever put this together is color impaired?

Yes, I too have benefited from that post. The color has an Ubuntu like flavor to it too!

Yes, I too have benefited from that post. The color has an Ubuntu like flavor to it too!

Very cool! As to the colors . . . I hadn't thought of Ubuntu but yeah, you're right! I have heavily modded my Ubuntu install so that not any orange remains though. GRUB menu, boot screen, login screen and Desktop use the same wallpaper and I created my own application theme to match.

To those who object to the font size . . . the fonts on this board are set in pixels so not easily scalable. UGH! I tried a few things but to redo all the font sizing to make them fluid is more than I want to take on. Besides, the NoSquint extension works sooo well to set a default font size and the scroll wheel works on the fly. I'm having no problem reading this board at 1280x1024.

Very cool! As to the colors . . . I hadn't thought of Ubuntu but yeah, you're right! I have heavily modded my Ubuntu install so that not any orange remains though. GRUB menu, boot screen, login screen and Desktop use the same wallpaper and I created my own application theme to match.

To those who object to the font size . . . the fonts on this board are set in pixels so not easily scalable. UGH! I tried a few things but to redo all the font sizing to make them fluid is more than I want to take on. Besides, the NoSquint extension works sooo well to set a default font size and the scroll wheel works on the fly. I'm having no problem reading this board at 1280x1024.

Glad it got unlocked!

Thanks for all the helpful codes! celebrate10.gif

Glad it got unlocked!

Thanks for all the helpful codes! celebrate10.gif

I'm pretty sure that previous versions of FF included something in the bottom right corner that was very similar to NoSquint but this does quickly and with precision what the other suggestions take longer to do. I looked for 30 minutes for an extension to help with fonts but must have put in the wrong search info.

The disadvantage is switching to other web pages after using NoSquint in the forums makes text on those pages enourmous!

Edited by Beerman

I'm pretty sure that previous versions of FF included something in the bottom right corner that was very similar to NoSquint but this does quickly and with precision what the other suggestions take longer to do. I looked for 30 minutes for an extension to help with fonts but must have put in the wrong search info.

You jogged my memory. Right click on the Toolbar and choose "Customize . . .". You might see two icons to reduce and enlarge text size. If they aren't there you need to grab a toolbar icon set. If you are still using FF 2x, download the FireFoxMenuButtons 1.5.3 addon. If you're using FF 3, try Toolbar Buttons 0.5.0.5 addon. They both have icons to do what you want.

Just posted revisions to the Stylish code to integrate the redirect window. I am not going to do anything with the calendar. But everything else I've clicked on seems to be more or less in line. If you notice anything gross let me know and I'll fix it.

You jogged my memory. Right click on the Toolbar and choose "Customize . . .". You might see two icons to reduce and enlarge text size. If they aren't there you need to grab a toolbar icon set. If you are still using FF 2x, download the FireFoxMenuButtons 1.5.3 addon. If you're using FF 3, try Toolbar Buttons 0.5.0.5 addon. They both have icons to do what you want.

Just posted revisions to the Stylish code to integrate the redirect window. I am not going to do anything with the calendar. But everything else I've clicked on seems to be more or less in line. If you notice anything gross let me know and I'll fix it.

Yep, those zoom icons are in my list of available custom ones. I knew I saw them somewhere.

By the way, Stylish is not the easiest extension to work with. It takes patience (for me anyway) to make changes so I'm staying away for messing things up with the hope that the forum gets more tweaking on it's facelift.

I do appreciate your info on Stylish sisterscape.

I'm pretty much done with tweaking now and have cleaned up the code presentation a little.

Oops . . . I realized that I had calculated the negative margin on #master_wrap AFTER blocking the Roxio logo with Adblock. I have now adjusted it with the logo unblocked so the * Help * Search * Members * Calendar links should be the first thing at the top of the page. Things probably looked pretty weird with the old designated margin. Sorry about that.

As I mentioned before, I'm not going mess with the calendar because I never use it. Nor am I going to fuss with hover colors on the links. I might post the style (maybe I'll call it burnt orange?) over on Stylish for folks who don't see this thread and want relief from the bright orangies.

OK . . . I did the deed and posted it over at Stylish

Edited by sisterscape

You can also go ( in FireFox) to Tools > Options > Content > Colors (look down the page) and uncheck "allow pages to choose their own colors" ... but that impacts EVERYTHING.

The problem with changing the type size is different pages have different defaults. I gave in and mark the WALL STREET JOURNAL (in IE 6) view > text size > "smaller", which works for most places but when I hit my email I have to move it back up to "medium", and it's a daily cycle of annoyance.

The problem with changing the type size is different pages have different defaults. I gave in and mark the WALL STREET JOURNAL (in IE 6) view > text size > "smaller", which works for most places but when I hit my email I have to move it back up to "medium", and it's a daily cycle of annoyance.

I feel your pain. Between the font-size settings in Gnome, in Firefox and in NoSquint, I have managed to tweak a one-size-fits-all compromise that works with all the sites I visit regularly and most others too. Wasn't easy though. Unfortunately, you don't have those kind of control options with Windows and IE. ;)