Sign in to follow this  
estone

Video Export Failed

Question

When burning an SVCD using a LITE-ON LTR-48247S CD burner and a maxell PhotoCD-Rpro, I get a message that the video export failed. I am using a photoshow with pics and avi video from a Canon 1100is still camera. I bought this program so I could burn SVCDs and hopefully DVDs when I get a DVD burner. But in the mean time why won't it export the video.

Burning a CD-ROM for viewing on a computer, on the identical photoshow, works fine.

I've tried all of the suggestions involving firmware and enabling DMA. DMA is enabled and it looks like lite-on doesn't have any firmware for this model on their website. Is it my camera AVI format?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

9 answers to this question

The media in the PhotoShow would not be the problem.

Please try to export the Show as a video file and let us know if you have trouble.

Here are some general tips:

1. Close all other applications before you begin the burning process. Do not use other programs while burning your show to disc.

2. Use the right kind of blank media disc. If you are making an VCD, be sure to use blank CD-R or CD-RW media.

3. Use a recommended brand of blank media disc. We have tested various brands of blank discs, and these are our recommendations. Performance may vary depending on your burner. Test different brands to see which one works best for you.

In our testing, blank discs from Maxell™, Sony™, TDK™ and Panasonic™ seemed to perform best. Blank discs from Fuji™ and Verbatim™ performed satisfactorily. Blank discs from Memorex™ and GQ™ did not perform very well; we don't recommend these brands.

4. If possible on your version, choose the slowest write speed (you can do so in the Burn DVD/VCD dialog box by clicking the Options button and then clicking the Write Speed drop-down menu).

5. Be patient. Rendering and burning PhotoShows to disc can be a time-consuming process. Don't use your computer for other purposes, or open any other applications during this period.

In general, it's a good idea to have at least a few gigabytes of free space on your hard drive when burning PhotoShows to CD or VCD. Computers with 256 MB of RAM or less are especially likely to require extra free space on their hard drive, for virtual memory requirements.

How do you export the show as a video file? It automatically exports it.

When making a CD or DVD the program tells me to select the show I want to burn, then click continue, it then asks whether I want the playback for viewing on a computer or tv. Then choose burn speed. Then it automatically starts to export the information. There are no other options.

I've followed all of the general tips in your email.

Thanks

To export a video file:

-Go to the Share tab

-Click Export

-Choose the video file

Then follow the rest of the instructions.

Please let us know if you can export the video and if it plays correctly.

Tried it.

I get the same message. Video export failed. I chose avi not wvm since my video is avi. Is that correct?

Another problem. I went to these videos and tried to edit them in my photoshow with respect to how long they are and I get PhotoShow has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Also tried wvm. It progressed better(97%) but failed again when it was merging video and audio.

Now I cannot play the videos at all. I end up getting "PhotoShow has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience."