• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Newage91

Newage91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:16 AM

Hi! Sonic MyDVD 6 was pre-installed on the family HP Windows Media Center computer (it's about 2 and a half years old), and I haven't encountered any problems with adding MPEG-4 videos until recently. When I try to add one to a DVD project, the loading bar appears, but after a few seconds it cancels the load and this error message comes up:

(I'm currently on another computer that has no DVD burner, so I'll edit this and put up the message in a few hours when I'm on the HP.)

This is the only file type that MyDVD seems to have issues with lately on our computer. I have no trouble adding MPEG-2, AVI, etc. to the DVD. I've been working on this DVD off-and-on for a month now, and the MPEG-4 file is the main focus of the project, so any and all suggestions are welcome! Thanks so much!

#2 gaper1

gaper1

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

maybe you can try reinstall Quicktime

#3 alcolea

alcolea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (gaper1 @ Jul 31 2008, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe you can try reinstall Quicktime

newage91, do you work that gaper1 say?

I have the same problem. My version is 6.1.1 that incluyed CANON camrecorder.

Thanks

#4 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:55 AM

When a copy of a burning program comes with a computer like HP or a camera like Canon, it is an OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] Version, which means that the OEM bought the rights to use the program.  They usually make modifications in it, and usually that means some portions aren't included.

Along with the distribution rights, the OEM agrees to provide support for their Version of the program, since they are the ones who know what is in it.  I'd suggest you contact the company that provided the OEM program (HP or Canon).

That said - if it worked until a certain time, and then ceased to work - it is probably because something was added to the mix at that point - new software, or an update, or hardware.

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109, 13 August 2008 - 02:57 AM.

#5 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,222 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (lynn98109 @ Aug 13 2008, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When a copy of a burning program comes with a computer like HP or a camera like Canon, it is an OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] Version, which means that the OEM bought the rights to use the program.  They usually make modifications in it, and usually that means some portions aren't included.

Along with the distribution rights, the OEM agrees to provide support for their Version of the program, since they are the ones who know what is in it.  I'd suggest you contact the company that provided the OEM program (HP or Canon).

That said - if it worked until a certain time, and then ceased to work - it is probably because something was added to the mix at that point - new software, or an update, or hardware.

Lynn

To add to Lynn's post

A couple of things that might have screwed things up was if you have updated WMP from version 9/10 to 11 or IE from 6 to version 7 . Roll them back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users