• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

MICHAELDM

Can't Email Photoshow

Question

I just completed a new photoshow. everything went perfect. I tried to email the show (public) and I received the folowing error message.

failed to upload "show name"

try again

error 202

I tried emailing some of my stored shows and they went fine.

Appreciate any help

i have been working on this same problem error code 202 for about 14 hours now.

the photoshow program always worked until today. will not upload, keep getting

error code 202. i did a sys restore to last fri when i knew it was working, did not

fix. i un installed and re installed photo show 3 times, did not fix. bought a reg

fix program for 40.00 that guaranteed to fix error 202, did not fix. was on phone

with roadrunner.com for 30 mins. they referred me to site cause they could not

fix. i cleared all temporary internet files, did not fix. i disabled firewall, did not

fix. i can not figure out what it wrong.

what do i do next?

I have the same error 202 when I try to send my PhotoShow. I have used this program in all of the Versions and now am on Version 5. PhotoShow worked fine when it belonged to SimpleStar but Nero bought them out, I guess. I wondered if it was the Vista computer I was using so tried to send a newly made PhotoShow on my Windows XP computer and got the same error. It has to be something with the Nero site. They have changed things all around somehow. I used to be able to burn a DV D of a PhotoShow and now it won't even do that. Their support said to save it and then take it to a DVD burning program and burn it that way. That works but what a mess!! I have a technical support question in now but they haven't answered me yet. Really like the program. It's what I have used to send photos for years. Really disappointed!!

Judy

I just completed a new photoshow. everything went perfect. I tried to email the show (public) and I received the folowing error message.

failed to upload "show name"

try again

error 202

I tried emailing some of my stored shows and they went fine.

Appreciate any help

ERROR CODE 202 ALSO!!!

Hello Roxio...I have been trying the whole weekend to updload or share a photoshow. I'm more confused than ever with Photoshow. I can't do anything more than make the show 'offline'. ERROR CODE 202 for me too :-( I just don't know what to do anymore.

Also, I originally bought through SimpleStar for $57 and SimpleStar had some kind of error where I didn't receive my extra theme packs. I think they said go online and they would appear. I don't believe they ever did and I paid for them. Anyway I'm hoping tech support monitors these forums so we can get help with this. Love the product though (when it works loll)

Thanks, Artressa

Guest ivanatrox

There seemed to be a server issue on Sunday and it was resolved earlier today.

Please update this thread if you continue experiencing error code 202 while trying to e-mail the photoshows.

Thanks

Ivan

I just retried emailing my new photoshows and they were successful! The problem has bee fixed. Thank you to everyone for your help as I really appreciate it.

There seemed to be a server issue on Sunday and it was resolved earlier today.

Please update this thread if you continue experiencing error code 202 while trying to e-mail the photoshows.

Thanks

Ivan

ivan, it is tuesday aug 5 2008 and the problem has not been

fixed. i still am getting error code 202. no one at roxio is responding

to my problem and my e mails. i cant use this program and the

money i put into theme packs etc should be refunded if the

program is no good.

mary

ivan, it is tuesday aug 5 2008 and the problem has not been

fixed. i still am getting error code 202. no one at roxio is responding

to my problem and my e mails. i cant use this program and the

money i put into theme packs etc should be refunded if the

program is no good.

mary

I was having trouble sending out my PhotoShow by email on Saturday. I thought the reason I was getting a 202 error was maybe because I was using Vista. So I tried making and sending one on my Windows XP computer that I had made many shows on. I got the same error. I just received an automatic update for PhotoShow so today tried to send another one on my Vista Laptop computer. It worked perfectly!! Sent the email out very quickly. I had been having problems burning a DVD and was told by support to go through a backdoor to burn by saving the PhotoShow and then burning it in another program. So I tried just burning a DVD of a show today and that worked perfectly also. I think the solution for me was either in the PhotoShow update that was done on my computer--or the website had something wrong going on over the weekend. Anyway, I am thrilled that everything is working perfectly!! I love PhotoShow. I have used practically all the versions of it and was so excited when they finally let me burn my own DVD's. When I couldn't get the PhotoShow to work properly, I was investigating different software for slideshows, etc that could be sent by emails. They are not very easy to find--most of them need you to have your own site on the internet already paid for to allow you to post a slideshow on. I am so thrilled that PhotoShow is now working on my computer!!! Judy

There was a common "error 202" when uploading Shows over the weekend. Yesterday, 8/4/08, it was resolved. If you have had any trouble uploading a show, please try it again now.

JudyK,

Just FYI: Uploading Shows and burning DVDs are independent.

I appreciate your work on multiple computers. That was an interesting work around.

General note: If anyone ever has trouble uploading, please try to email or upload a different show. Try a show that is under 15 photos (this will upload faster). If these other shows do not upload or share properly, you may have a problem with your firewall settings.

ERROR CODE 202 ALSO!!!

Hello Roxio...I have been trying the whole weekend to updload or share a photoshow. I'm more confused than ever with Photoshow. I can't do anything more than make the show 'offline'. ERROR CODE 202 for me too :-( I just don't know what to do anymore.

Also, I originally bought through SimpleStar for $57 and SimpleStar had some kind of error where I didn't receive my extra theme packs. I think they said go online and they would appear. I don't believe they ever did and I paid for them. Anyway I'm hoping tech support monitors these forums so we can get help with this. Love the product though (when it works loll)

Thanks, Artressa

I am expereincing the same problem, what do you mean when you say update this thread to get it to work?

I am having the same problem, what do you mean to update this thread?

Guest ivanatrox
I am expereincing the same problem, what do you mean when you say update this thread to get it to work?

I am having the same problem, what do you mean to update this thread?

Hi jtumis,

When did you experience this error? Are you still experience this error today (Aug 7th)?

Ivan

Hi jtumis,

When did you experience this error? Are you still experience this error today (Aug 7th)?

Ivan

I have been having trouble just opening the icon. It starts to open then get the error message, PHOTOSHOW HAS EXPERIENCE UNEXPECTED ERROR AND WILL NOW CLOSE.

Please help me.

Yvette

Guest ivanatrox
I have been having trouble just opening the icon. It starts to open then get the error message, PHOTOSHOW HAS EXPERIENCE UNEXPECTED ERROR AND WILL NOW CLOSE.

Please help me.

Yvette

Hi Yvette,

The issue you experienced is different from the error discussed in this thread. I see that you already created a new topic for it and please use that thread to discuss the issue you are experiencing.

Ivan

ERROR CODE 202 ALSO!!!

Thanks, Artressa

yes,still having problems

I am having this problem also, haven't gotten a reply bac from roxio in over 7 days. How do I fix it? error 201 and 202?

Edited by jtumis

i have been working on this same problem error code 202 for about 14 hours now.

the photoshow program always worked until today. will not upload, keep getting

error code 202. i did a sys restore to last fri when i knew it was working, did not

fix. i un installed and re installed photo show 3 times, did not fix. bought a reg

fix program for 40.00 that guaranteed to fix error 202, did not fix. was on phone

with roadrunner.com for 30 mins. they referred me to site cause they could not

fix. i cleared all temporary internet files, did not fix. i disabled firewall, did not

fix. i can not figure out what it wrong.

what do i do next?

I think Roxio changed the program because I had the same thing happen recently. I discoverd that you have to go on line to your show sharing site and create the phtoshow from scratch on the site, by uploading the individual photos, then choosing the theme, music, etc. from their menu. It doesn't appear that that music can be changed throughout the show, only one song per show, no changes in how long you can keep a photo displayed, no font or color choices, or position choices as far as captions or clip art...

I'M UNABLE TO EMAIL PHOTOSHOWS USING PHOTOSHOW5!

I have PhotoShow5 provided through Roadrunner with the DVD Add On. I have spent the last few days repeatedly attempting to email my uploaded PhotoShow. When I fill out the email addresses and click continue, it says that it's "Publishing". I continue to get the error message "Photoshow Upload Failed. Please Try Again Later. Code Error 404'.

I have cleared my internet cookies and files. I have checked by my firewall and am allowing access to PhotoShow.

I've tried to email Roxio and get some jibberish when I click send and my email does not go through. I attempted to call Roxia using a 1-866 number only to find that it is Premium Tech Support that will charge me $1.89/minute!!!

When this program was SimpleStar, their customer service was amazing. I cannot contact Roxio and want to know how to resolve my emailing problem. This is beyond frustrating.

Can anyone PLEASE help me?

The 404 error means that there was a problem connecting to the server. Yesterday we did have some server issues if you are still having problems today reply to this message and give me exact steps on how to reproduce your problem.

The 404 error means that there was a problem connecting to the server. Yesterday we did have some server issues if you are still having problems today reply to this message and give me exact steps on how to reproduce your problem.

I was fnally able to email my Photoshow, but for some reason when I click "share" it puts an identical photoshow to the one that is already on the website. And when the recipients received the email, the photo was blacked out. When they click "watch" it goes to the website ir shows 4 squares flipping and says "loading" -- but no matter how long you wait, it NEVER loads. It does not load with the AOL browser or IE Explorer version 6.0. I was finally able to access my Photoshows using my Modzilla browser and was able to view them. I checked my firewall and I AM allowing PhotoShow access.

This has been a couple of very frustrating days. :(

Is there still a problem with the PhotoShow.com website -- i.e. photoshows never loading?

Diva, The embedded players placed on other sites will NOT load in IE. Tried it on several machines using IE 6 & 7, Windows Vista or XP. I have one machine running XP & IE6 that will not even load from the Photoshow Page. The player appears and the 4 loading blocks will cycle forever.

I have the latest flash version 9,0,124,0 installed and all worked until at least 5PM PST yesterday. Sometime after that it quit working. I have reinstalled flash and java on some of the machines and no change there. The day before there was an error message when trying to access the embed code, but that seems to have been corrected, now this.

The embedded and Photoshow website players will load in Firefox in either Vista or XP on the same machines.

We had a problem earlier today with some shows not playing. If you refresh your browser they should play. If not, give me the name of the Style and any Stickers that you used in creating your show.

Diva, The embedded players placed on other sites will NOT load in IE. Tried it on several machines using IE 6 & 7, Windows Vista or XP. I have one machine running XP & IE6 that will not even load from the Photoshow Page. The player appears and the 4 loading blocks will cycle forever.

I have the latest flash version 9,0,124,0 installed and all worked until at least 5PM PST yesterday. Sometime after that it quit working. I have reinstalled flash and java on some of the machines and no change there. The day before there was an error message when trying to access the embed code, but that seems to have been corrected, now this.

The embedded and Photoshow website players will load in Firefox in either Vista or XP on the same machines.

Whatever the problem was regarding "loading" the photoshow has now miraculously been resolved. I am now able to view my photoshows on both IE 6.0 and with the AOL browser. :)

I just wish that the PhotoShop.com website or Roxio would let people know that their server is experiencing problems instead of allowing all of us to try to "fix" our computers. Very poor customer service. In all honesty, I NEVER had a problem when PhotoShow was known as Simplestar, but since Roxio took over, it's been a nightmare. Their customer service/technical support is a lesson in futility.

I used to own/use Roxio Easy CD Creator and it was not very user friendly, so I now have Nero 7.0 Ultra Edition. If they don't start supporting their products, I won't be doing business with them.

I'd been refreshing, reinstalling flash & java, and restarting computers all day. Now suddenly it works again when I didn't do anything.

There should be an easier way to contact tech support, or at least know if there's an issue being worked on. My tech support ticket is still open with no response.

Whatever the problem was regarding "loading" the photoshow has now miraculously been resolved. I am now able to view my photoshows on both IE 6.0 and with the AOL browser. :)

I just wish that the PhotoShop.com website or Roxio would let people know that their server is experiencing problems instead of allowing all of us to try to "fix" our computers. Very poor customer service. In all honesty, I NEVER had a problem when PhotoShow was known as Simplestar, but since Roxio took over, it's been a nightmare. Their customer service/technical support is a lesson in futility.

I used to own/use Roxio Easy CD Creator and it was not very user friendly, so I now have Nero 7.0 Ultra Edition. If they don't start supporting their products, I won't be doing business with them.

I agree wholeheartedly with you. The same experiences I've been having. Now I can't even create a screensaver! I've used Photoshow since Version 3, and loved it, recommended it to everyone, posted 28 shows on line, and paid for dvd's of 7 of them, too. Have all the add-ons! I've also purchased the extended premium Roxio service, Easy Media Creator 10, and dazzle capture device. Hoping for a better future from Roxio. Loved Simple Star, and miss their excellant support team.

I agree wholeheartedly with you. The same experiences I've been having. Now I can't even create a screensaver! I've used Photoshow since Version 3, and loved it, recommended it to everyone, posted 28 shows on line, and paid for dvd's of 7 of them, too. Have all the add-ons! I've also purchased the extended premium Roxio service, Easy Media Creator 10, and dazzle capture device. Hoping for a better future from Roxio. Loved Simple Star, and miss their excellant support team.

It sure would be nice if Roxio would post an alert on PhotoShow.com to let us know that their server is down or not working. It should be easy enough to accomplish that if they cared about their customers. They have our money so we're just a captive (albeit unhappy) audience.

I agree that when Simplestar was in charge, their customer service and tech support was great!

I am billed a monthly fee by Simple Star for unlimited photo sharing and backup photo storage. Fee was charged in August. Sometime Friday August 22 the share feature locked up. I tried the various means Simple Star had provided in the past and also waited a few days to see if was their server problem (which has happened before with no indication or notification that the problem was systemwide so clients can avoid spending hours working individually on a problem that is systemwide!).

I am STILL unable to share photos. Attempts to contact Simple Star shift to Roxio. Roxio does not respond.

When I open the PhotoShow Print & Share program it displays as "deluxe edition" but in less than a minute adds a dash and "offline" although my connection to the internet is still fine.

I have also been told by persons that pictures sent last week before program locked up can no longer be accessed. (some folks opened email earlier and everything displayed but those who waited until the weekend got not get them to load although in months previous it was all good).

My questions:

1. Should I expect continued monthly billing from Simple Star and what does that buy me?

2. IS there currently some system wide problem with PhotoShow?

3. How do I get Roxio to recognize my current PhotoShow files?