JuneKuw

Restore Qic File

Question

11 answers to this question

Nope. BOT is completely a different animal. You will need BUMP to restore your .qic files.

Edited by firenhancer

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY SYSTEM UP. I AM TRYING TO DO A RESOTE FROM A SYSTEM CRASH FROM LAST FRIDAY. DISABLEDD. NO INCOME DELL WONT HELP CAUDSE I DONT HAVE 300 FOR SUPPORT

rrrrrr

the sales guy at roxio said to find the original version of backup my pc. They dont sell it nor does DELl.

so i found one one amazon and it get the folliwing error on restore

catalog empty for selected device.

even though it identties items but wont allow a restore

I am going to to pull my hair out

deb

Can I use Back on Track to restore an old .QIC file?

What actual program did you use to create these .qic file?.

.qic is the file name of BackUp My PC (BUMP) backups. So you need BUMP to restore the files.

See if anything in this google search is of any use -

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=.qic+file

And for next time - if these are files you made like .doc and .jpg - insteard of an emergency restore program, use a Sessions-based data-writing program, like the one built into WinXP, or Roxio's Creator Classic.

Lynn

.qic is the file name of BackUp My PC (BUMP) backups. So you need BUMP to restore the files.

And for next time - if these are files you made like .doc and .jpg - insteard of an emergency restore program, use a Sessions-based data-writing program, like the one built into WinXP, or Roxio's Creator Classic.

Lynn

Lynn

thats what i i used

As I said befoe, And for next time - if these are files you made like .doc and .jpg - insteard of an emergency restore program, use a Sessions-based data-writing program, like the one built into WinXP, or Roxio's Creator Classic.

Emergency Recovery programs, just like Packet-Writing programs (Sonic's DLA, Roxio's Drag2Disc, Nero's InCD, etc), are notorious not only for not working with other such programs, but also for not being compatible from one Version to another. You may have a different Version.

There was a regular here who is familiar with BUMP, but he hasn't been in for a year or two.

You can try copying a file you can see in the restore window (Ctrl+C) and pasting it to the Hard Drive (Ctrl+V) (perhaps in MyDocs) and see if you can open it. However, in all probability it is compressed and you are stuck. The program (BUMP) is history.

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109