BarbaraInMemphis

Send Back To Pc

Question

Well, of course, I'm playing with PhotoShow. I made a PS on my PC then sent it to my PS Circle. At PhotoShow.com, I edited the show. Now, how do I get the edited version sent back to my PC so I can burn a DVD?

10 answers to this question

I think I've answered my own question. I did not realize that on PS 5, I have the same spiffy stuff that PhotoShow.com has, right? So I can make the PS on my PC just like I can on PS.com, right?

There are a few one-click styles online that are not available in PhotoShow 5. If you have created a show in the program, only edit it in the program. Then upload the changes to your site. If you create a show in the program and edit online, you may loose some content.

To download a show:

-View the Show online

-Email the PhotoShow to your own email address

-Open PhotoShow 5

-Click on the 'Manage' tab

-Click on the 'Received Shows' option

You should then see an option to download the PhotoShow back into the program.

Gotcha.

If you would tell me which of the online styles are available online but not in PS 5, I'll just stay away from them.

Is it possible for Roxio to do an update to the 5.0.4.84 to get them added? :wub:

Thank you for all of your help.

There are a few one-click styles online that are not available in PhotoShow 5. If you have created a show in the program, only edit it in the program. Then upload the changes to your site. If you create a show in the program and edit online, you may loose some content.

To download a show:

-View the Show online

-Open PhotoShow 5

It is not just a difference in one-click styles. If you add clipart or some music, it can change between the website and the program. The PhotoShow program has many more advanced editing options. If you own a copy of 4 or 5 you should only upload your shows. This give you the most variety and flexibility in Show creation.

The one-click styles online are a creative outlet where new show styles can be featured. These will not appear in PhotoShow 4 or 5.

To download a show:

-View the Show online

-Open PhotoShow 5

Hello. I used to be able to download my shows from the simplestar show sharing site, but now, when I click on my received shows, and try to download one I've sent to myself, after it appears to be loading, I get the error code 1001. I had understood thiis to be a glitch in the program since becoming a Roxio product. Is this a glitch or is it my computer/operating system/firewall? I can now upload shows, but cannot download my older shows into the program. I was able to save them as the new, MPEG 4 files, but these are low resolution files, and do not appear in my desktop Photoshow program. Can you help me with this download issue? Thank you. (I had tried to file a tech ticket, but the answer was the same as the above, and not helpful.)

Hello. I used to be able to download my shows from the simplestar show sharing site, but now, when I click on my received shows, and try to download one I've sent to myself, after it appears to be loading, I get the error code 1001. I had understood thiis to be a glitch in the program since becoming a Roxio product. Is this a glitch or is it my computer/operating system/firewall? I can now upload shows, but cannot download my older shows into the program. I was able to save them as the new, MPEG 4 files, but these are low resolution files, and do not appear in my desktop Photoshow program. Can you help me with this download issue? Thank you. (I had tried to file a tech ticket, but the answer was the same as the above, and not helpful.)

It appears you have to adjust your firewall setting to accept this program.

I have the exact same problem that started right around when Roxio took over Simple Star. I continue to get the 1001 error code telling me that I cannot connect to the servers. Even though this use to work a couple of months ago on my computer, I went ahead and allowed every exe file in the PhotoShow and Simple Star folders full access in McAfee. The problem persists. I then turned off the firewall completely and continue to get the 1001. I put in a ticket to Roxio and hope they have an answer that will fix the problem.

I will be interested to see what you find out, because I couldn't get it to work either. :rolleyes:

I will be interested to see what you find out, because I couldn't get it to work either. :rolleyes:

If you see the error 1001, try a test show or an unshared show. If this persists, contact support.

Hi,

I had this problem, and it must have been a Roxio issue, because it is now resolved! I discovered that I can now email myself my shows, and they appear as sent shows in my Photoshow 5 program. I then download them, and choose edit. This allows them to become my shows again...I know, it's a lot of hassle, but at least it now works. I then archived them in my documents folder as Phtoshows, then copied them to my external harddrive for safe keeping. I have paid the premium membership fee for Roxio, and continue to use the old desktop version of Photoshow 5, which Roxio has updated. It works fine. I can send photoshows; also do some on line editing of shows created in that version (except for changing music, unless I want only one song for the entire show), and email completed shows.