Alien

Photoshow 5 Reinstall

Question

Just got a new computer and wanted to transfer my computer hard drive created PhotoShows over to the new one. Does anyone know what folder or files these would be?

Also, how do I reinstall the basic Photoshow program and all the theme packs I purchased?

Thanks for your help.

2 answers to this question

Just got a new computer and wanted to transfer my computer hard drive created PhotoShows over to the new one. Does anyone know what folder or files these would be?

Also, how do I reinstall the basic Photoshow program and all the theme packs I purchased?

Thanks for your help.

I have the same question. I can't find where Photoshows I created are stored so I can move them to my new PC. I opened a service ticket but no response yet. Good luck.

Billtag

Thanks for your help.

First of all, if it is version 5, you can save them as files: from the share tab, choose export. Choose Photshow File, and click ok. From the share tab, choose the show to export, click export file. Choose a target folder and name for the exported file. Click Save from the dialog box. The file will have a photoshow icon. Older versions do not offer this file option, and the only way to get your shows from those is if you share them to the web. Then download them to the new computer, if possible. (If Roxio allows for this option!)

Or...you can make a disk of the show (only one show per disk) and re-make the show on your new computer, by using the same pictures and songs.

If you purchased photoshow on the web, and have unlimited download service, and kept a copy of your purchase or email, you can use the links to re-download the program to your new computer. Of course, if you purchased a hard disk copy, you can use that. You will need your license codes.

I purchased a new computer in December, and there is one more way you can go: purchase a program called pcmover, which transfers programs and screensavers from the old pc to the new one, but you will not have your created photoshows, because they are actually "phantom" shows linked to your pictures folder, and not actually stand alone shows, unless you save them as files.

There is also the option of saving them as .exe files, which are stand alone exportable files, but won't show up in your photoshow program. You can create these from the share tab, choose export, and stand-alone application. Save as a zip file for emailing, save to your hard drive, then burn to a disk or email them to yourself to pick up on the new computer. Hope this was of some help.

Since I had version 4 on the old computer, and version 5 on the new one, I used a combination of these suggestions. I uploaded the shows to the web from version 4, then downloaded them on the new computer as imported shared shows. The ones that I had used my own music with had to be recreated from scratch. Good luck!