netmation

Direct X9 Required W/video On Motherboard?

Question

I have a PC that uses the video capabilities built into the motherboard running WinXP SP3. Would that mean that I do not have the capability of DirectX9 and would not be able to run Roxio Creator 2009 on it?

4 answers to this question

Try downloading the latest DX9 and then run dxdiags from start =- if it fails the Direct3D, then you won't get the full capability of EMC - if you have a desktop, why not get a dedicated graphics card?

I have a PC that uses the video capabilities built into the motherboard running WinXP SP3. Would that mean that I do not have the capability of DirectX9 and would not be able to run Roxio Creator 2009 on it?

Hi netmation,

This best thing here to do is post a bit of info on the make model etc of your pc, and then users here can look into it a bit more you you.

see how i have a signature below my post, even a text version of make, model, OS? etc will help you more here.

look forward to your update

why not get a dedicated graphics card?

I guess I just never had a reason to. I don't really play any games and the video included on the motherboard has always given me the max resolution and colors. But since I want to start editing video I suppose a graphic card may be in order.

I ran dxdiag and looks like Direct X 9 is running.

Thanks, Al

Any mid range graphics card with 256 MB of RAM will do the job (you don't need a high end, toss pixels round like confetti, one).

Altthough DirectX may appear to be running, it's the Direct3D that is the essential and most onboard graphics fall down on that