• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Valkrider

Valkrider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:18 AM

Is it possible to rename the audio tracks when the program rips the track from the CD?  I tried right-clicking on the tracks but that does nothing while in the Convert CDs window.  In EMC 8, I could right-click and rename the tracks then the program would rip them from the CD.  I understand that track names can be gleaned from the internet but I have my own nameing  format.  Also, can the bit-rate be lowered past 96Kbps in VBR MP3?  I am moving my audio book CDs to my IPod and I don't need high quality.

The computer I am using has Windows XP w/ SP3, 2.4  p4 cpu.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,058 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:34 PM

Which program, in which software suite are you using to do this?
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windws XP, 7, and 8

"I did it"

#3 Valkrider

Valkrider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:19 PM

I am using Roxio CD & DVD Buring Software "The red Box",  version is 9.0.554.  I clicked the Audio tab on the left.  I then chose "Convert CD".  

Thanks again for any help,
Mike

#4 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,058 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:44 AM

Hi Mike,

I couldn't find any way to do what you described in EMC 8. Not in the Convert CD menu on the Home application, Music Disc Creator, nor Creator Classic. I couldn't right-click on an audio track on a CD and rename it before ripping it. It just wouldn't happen.

The same applies to this 'RedBox' software, and EMC 9. The 'Convert CD' software behaves identically in EMC 8, EMC 9, and the RedBox - you can't rename a track on a CD before ripping it. The only differences I could find was that EMC 8 would rip to AC3; EMC9 would do both AC3 and AAC, and the RedBox software Easy CD and DVD Burning would handle neither AC3 nor AAC.

When you do rip a track to MP3 in  the 3 different suites, the File is named and tagged both fore and aft, with the track name in the program window.  It will either be 01 - Track 1 (etc) or a name obtaned from Gracenotes. I can't find any way to alter that.

The available bitrates in all three programs are identical too. For MP3 files it is 96 kbps to 320 kbps, and I couldn't find a way to go outside that range.  Sorry, not below 96 kbps in MP3.

Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windws XP, 7, and 8

"I did it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users