• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Amberlyn

Amberlyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:48 AM

I was making this video (noncomercial  tongue.gif) on videowave captured from my camcorder (I believe I saved as MPEG or something like that), and I wanted a song I had ripped from a CD to fade out and lower it's volume in a certain part, so I went on sound editor and fixed it up how I wanted.

When I saved it it said 'it would save it as a different file' or something similiar to that so I was like, "whatever". When I went back to videowave and tried to add the music, I couldn't find it in the 'my music' folder so I looked around and eventually found a new folder called 'Roxio'. So I looked in there (Roxio > Sound Editor > Song-I-Was-Looking-For), and it said there was no media files that I could use in there, and then it went on to say that I would need to change the filter settings or something I didn't quite understand.

Can anyone help me? I want to be able to put that song in the Roxio > Sound Editor onto my videowave  music track. I hope I explained okay, help please?  ohmy.gif

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,487 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (Amberlyn @ Sep 23 2008, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was making this video (noncomercial  tongue.gif) on videowave captured from my camcorder (I believe I saved as MPEG or something like that), and I wanted a song I had ripped from a CD to fade out and lower it's volume in a certain part, so I went on sound editor and fixed it up how I wanted.

When I saved it it said 'it would save it as a different file' or something similiar to that so I was like, "whatever". When I went back to videowave and tried to add the music, I couldn't find it in the 'my music' folder so I looked around and eventually found a new folder called 'Roxio'. So I looked in there (Roxio > Sound Editor > Song-I-Was-Looking-For), and it said there was no media files that I could use in there, and then it went on to say that I would need to change the filter settings or something I didn't quite understand.

Can anyone help me? I want to be able to put that song in the Roxio > Sound Editor onto my videowave  music track. I hope I explained okay, help please?  ohmy.gif

When you fix up your song, in Sound Editor, you don't save it.  You have to click on the Export Current Clip or Track or Selection.  You can pick whatever format you want, but .wav, or mp3 are the best to use.

Also, export as a name that is different than the name of the clip you brought in.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,723 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (Amberlyn @ Sep 23 2008, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those whatevers will get you every time.  Pay attention to them !

That whatever you saved is a Sound Editor file and will only open in that application.  You must export the edited music to a sound file - chose wav for best performance.

You can also simply open Video Wave, add the video and then add that music to one of the audio tracks.  You can adjust the sound level in place.  Note to edit any native audio track, click to show tracks and select native.

You can watch this (link).  It is slightly slow to download.

Great minds again Bruce.   biggrin.gif

Edited by sknis, 23 September 2008 - 10:07 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users