• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Simon Curtain

Simon Curtain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:17 PM

Hi, I have purchased Roxio Creator 2009 from the Roxio website and tried to install the program however during the install I get the message:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a netwrok resource that is unavailable"

It seems the program is trying to locate the file RCPROD.msi in the following directory but cannot locate it:

C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP\ROXIOCENTRAL_4X\

It asks to try again or enter an alternate path however I cannot locate the RCPROD.msi file anywhere on my system.

If I cancel this screen it it asks me to try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'RCPROD.msi'

Hitting OK again puts the system into a loop where it asks again to locate the RCPROD.msi file?

Has anybody encountered and solved this problem?

Thanks in advance!

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,963 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Simon Curtain @ Sep 25 2008, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I have purchased Roxio Creator 2009 from the Roxio website and tried to install the program however during the install I get the message:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a netwrok resource that is unavailable"

It seems the program is trying to locate the file RCPROD.msi in the following directory but cannot locate it:

C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP\ROXIOCENTRAL_4X\

It asks to try again or enter an alternate path however I cannot locate the RCPROD.msi file anywhere on my system.

If I cancel this screen it it asks me to try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'RCPROD.msi'

Hitting OK again puts the system into a loop where it asks again to locate the RCPROD.msi file?

Has anybody encountered and solved this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Have you unzipped the C2009 program file to a folder and tried installing from there? Maybe the RCPROD.msi file did not properly get unzipped when you did the direct install from the exe file.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 Simon Curtain

Simon Curtain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:36 AM

Thanks! I extracted the file, reinstalled and the rcprod issue was resolved. I still had some other issues (similar to Ken Tucky from a prev post) but managed to get it working after restoring the factory defaults on my laptop and installing the program again.

Cheers.

#4 webowner

webowner

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:28 PM

I have this exact same problem - I have done a clean uninstall for creator 2009, deleted all files etc. and then installed Creator 2009 in a folder on my C:/ hard drive. When I start the program, network resource cannot find: RCPROD.msi

Where do I find it to install it?
I Ask Questions. I Don't Answer Any. This May Be The Reason That I Can't Get Anything To Work!

I Never Came Back To The Forums.

#5 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE (webowner @ Oct 29 2008, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have this exact same problem - I have done a clean uninstall for creator 2009, deleted all files etc. and then installed Creator 2009 in a folder on my C:/ hard drive. When I start the program, network resource cannot find: RCPROD.msi

Where do I find it to install it?

Do you have the downloaded version, and did you extract the contents of the .exe file, to the folder you made on your hard drive? Just copying the .exe file probably won't work.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

#6 Tempest2112

Tempest2112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:09 AM

Currenetly having the same problem. The file does not exist in the installation folder so it can't find it, did you get yours solved??
Quad Q9650
4x1GB DDR3 1333
2x250gb Samsung Spinpoint (Striped Raid)
1x500gb Wd Hard Drive
ATI 4870x2 graphics
Mobo Asus P5E3 Deluxe
Vista Ultimate 64 Service Pack 1

#7 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE (Tempest2112 @ Nov 1 2008, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Currenetly having the same problem. The file does not exist in the installation folder so it can't find it, did you get yours solved??

See Post #3, in this thread.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce

#8 jcmyls

jcmyls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:35 PM

I have downloaded the program 3 serapate times... placed the program in the folder that it was created from and still no results.

I am getting upset over this... can someone help? Your post # 3 does not work for me...

I got and EXE file and I see the file being extracted...

Thanks

#9 rkeesecker

rkeesecker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (jcmyls @ Jan 4 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have downloaded the program 3 serapate times... placed the program in the folder that it was created from and still no results.

I am getting upset over this... can someone help? Your post # 3 does not work for me...

I got and EXE file and I see the file being extracted...

Thanks

I too am having this exact problem and have done just as you have ... clean uninstall and then reinstall. As you, for me the post #3 didn't help. I cannot find the extracted files anywhere on my Vista machine. The folder which is supposed to hold the RCPROD.msi file does not exist. It apparently wasn't created. Plus, I don't see an option of where the extracted files can be placed.

I have had installation problems with every single Easy CD Creator, Easy Media Creator, and now Creator 9. I'm the fool, I guess, for expecting these installation problems from going away. One thing I did not do was uninstall the McAfee/ATTYahoo free firewall/antivirus program I use from ATTYahoo. It cannot be closed during installations, so it has to be UNINSTALLED and then reinstalled. I suppose I might try that. But I have only so many hours in the day for this foolishness.

#10 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (rkeesecker @ Jan 4 2009, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I too am having this exact problem and have done just as you have ... clean uninstall and then reinstall. As you, for me the post #3 didn't help. I cannot find the extracted files anywhere on my Vista machine. The folder which is supposed to hold the RCPROD.msi file does not exist. It apparently wasn't created. Plus, I don't see an option of where the extracted files can be placed.

I have had installation problems with every single Easy CD Creator, Easy Media Creator, and now Creator 9. I'm the fool, I guess, for expecting these installation problems from going away. One thing I did not do was uninstall the McAfee/ATTYahoo free firewall/antivirus program I use from ATTYahoo. It cannot be closed during installations, so it has to be UNINSTALLED and then reinstalled. I suppose I might try that. But I have only so many hours in the day for this foolishness.

You have to extract the files, yourself. They aren't extracted, when downloaded.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce

#11 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,034 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

Install winzip or winrar

right click on the downliaded exe file

drag it to a free spot and select 'extract to folder'

Then look inside the folder
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#12 rkeesecker

rkeesecker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (gi7omy @ Jan 4 2009, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Install winzip or winrar

right click on the downliaded exe file

drag it to a free spot and select 'extract to folder'

Then look inside the folder

Thank you, Daithi. You are the first to provide me with a specific answer today, one which includes a "how to" answer. Very much appreciated. The other vague answers I've seen in this forum are pretty much useless.

#13 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (rkeesecker @ Jan 4 2009, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you, Daithi. You are the first to provide me with a specific answer today, one which includes a "how to" answer. Very much appreciated. The other vague answers I've seen in this forum are pretty much useless.

I am sorry that you feel that way. The answer, that I gave to you, was intended to help you.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce

#14 Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

How do you unzip the file to a specific folder when Vista automatically begins the unzipping process when the file is clicked?

#15 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (Ryan Smith @ Jun 1 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you unzip the file to a specific folder when Vista automatically begins the unzipping process when the file is clicked?

See Post #11. The key words are "right click", not click.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce

#16 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,363 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:41 PM

why are you posting to a 6 year old thread rather than starting you own new thread and provide your information,  There may just be an answer for you.

Did you look in your Windows Download Folder?  Did you sign into your Roxio account?  You should be able to re-download from there.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users