mikebillie

Transferring Shows From Photoshow5 To Roxio

Question

I have had Photoshow 5 for years. Now I am unable to email my shows and it redirects me to Roxio and I sign in and some of my shows are there but not all. How do I get All of my shows transferred and how can I email my shows from Photoshow5 THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

12 answers to this question

I have had Photoshow 5 for years. Now I am unable to email my shows and it redirects me to Roxio and I sign in and some of my shows are there but not all. How do I get All of my shows transferred and how can I email my shows from Photoshow5 THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

I have the same problem. When it was with Simple star I had NO problems. I was able to share my Photoshows and it was fun. I have been going back and forth with Technical Support for 2 months and still I have the problem of not being able to log into my account. Without the ability to log in to my account I cannot share my Photoshows. Wish I could be of help but I am in the same boat.

I have the same problem. When it was with Simple star I had NO problems. I was able to share my Photoshows and it was fun. I have been going back and forth with Technical Support for 2 months and still I have the problem of not being able to log into my account. Without the ability to log in to my account I cannot share my Photoshows. Wish I could be of help but I am in the same boat.

How are you communicating with Technical Support? I get NO responses. My Photo Show Deluxe 5 will not open.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have had Photoshow for many years, beginning with version 3, and on through version 5. I am still able to upload shows created in Photoshow 5 to the new Roxio page. I had to become a paying, premium member of Roxio to do this. The old shows are available on line at the Roxio site. The older site still displays the icons for my older shows, but I cannot access them on that page. If you are getting an error message when you open your desktop photoshow program, it may be due to a file that has to be deleted. When I had the problem that the program would not open, and I got an error message stating that there was a problem and photoshow needs to close, I found the answer on the Photoshow 5 forum. You have to find and delete the ps4 image database file folder, then reinstall the photoshow 5 software. (this file is located in C:users\your name\AppData\roaming\simplestar) Hope this is of some use to you.

Hi,

I have had Photoshow for many years, beginning with version 3, and on through version 5. I am still able to upload shows created in Photoshow 5 to the new Roxio page. I had to become a paying, premium member of Roxio to do this. The old shows are available on line at the Roxio site. The older site still displays the icons for my older shows, but I cannot access them on that page. If you are getting an error message when you open your desktop photoshow program, it may be due to a file that has to be deleted. When I had the problem that the program would not open, and I got an error message stating that there was a problem and photoshow needs to close, I found the answer on the Photoshow 5 forum. You have to find and delete the ps4 image database file folder, then reinstall the photoshow 5 software. (this file is located in C:users\your name\AppData\roaming\simplestar) Hope this is of some use to you.

Gamma,

I paid for Kodak, Photo Show Deluxe 5, and Roxio:

1. I believe I upgraded to Photo Show 5 from the Kodak Print and Share Program, that I re-paid for, but that's okay.

2. I'm using Windows Vista.

3. I am spending countless hours to get Photo Show 5 to open.

4. I removed the PS4 image at least 20 times.

5. Every time I removed the PS4 image database I reinstalled Photo Show 5 from my CD.

6. It reinstalls the PS4 image file, so what's the sense of reinstalling it?

7. Yesterday when I clicked on my desktop Photo Show 5 icon, it recognized new photos and downloaded them,

but, I still couldn't open it without getting the same error message.

8. Yesterday, also when I clicked on the Photo Show 5 icon, it went through an upgrade, that I allowed.

9. I took a vacation day from work yesterday with hopes of making a wedding DVD.

10. If I uninstall the Photo Show 5 program, and reinstall it from the CD that I have with Photo Show 5 on it DID NOT resolve the problem.

11. My problems began when Roxio bought Simple Star.

12. I put a support ticked in, but no one responded to me.

13. I can't use Roxio because I can't make the pictures the size of a full screen in the video; I can't add different music to each set;

I can't see my pictures to add clip art to; the clip art appears in a box and the photos are behind it;

14. The Roxio photo show is very tiny on my screen with words on the side; this is very difficult to use.

15. I attempted to download 280+ pictures and only 199 of them are in Roxio.

Now, with all the complaints on this thread, what am I missing, what should or can I do today, and why doesn't support get back to me?

Photo Show 5 Support (not Roxio) acutally called ME when I sent a support ticket to them last year, and Roxio charged me an international fee. I didn't purchase anything out of the USA.

I have all my activation keys.

Please someone help me, as I'm now very late making this DVD and am wasted a vacation day to resolve this issue.

Note: I also went through compatability checking, and there's no problem there.

Thank you.

Gamma,

I paid for Kodak, Photo Show Deluxe 5, and Roxio:

1. I believe I upgraded to Photo Show 5 from the Kodak Print and Share Program, that I re-paid for, but that's okay.

2. I'm using Windows Vista.

3. I am spending countless hours to get Photo Show 5 to open.

4. I removed the PS4 image at least 20 times.

5. Every time I removed the PS4 image database I reinstalled Photo Show 5 from my CD.

6. It reinstalls the PS4 image file, so what's the sense of reinstalling it?

7. Yesterday when I clicked on my desktop Photo Show 5 icon, it recognized new photos and downloaded them,

but, I still couldn't open it without getting the same error message.

8. Yesterday, also when I clicked on the Photo Show 5 icon, it went through an upgrade, that I allowed.

9. I took a vacation day from work yesterday with hopes of making a wedding DVD.

10. If I uninstall the Photo Show 5 program, and reinstall it from the CD that I have with Photo Show 5 on it DID NOT resolve the problem.

11. My problems began when Roxio bought Simple Star.

12. I put a support ticked in, but no one responded to me.

13. I can't use Roxio because I can't make the pictures the size of a full screen in the video; I can't add different music to each set;

I can't see my pictures to add clip art to; the clip art appears in a box and the photos are behind it;

14. The Roxio photo show is very tiny on my screen with words on the side; this is very difficult to use.

15. I attempted to download 280+ pictures and only 199 of them are in Roxio.

Now, with all the complaints on this thread, what am I missing, what should or can I do today, and why doesn't support get back to me?

Photo Show 5 Support (not Roxio) acutally called ME when I sent a support ticket to them last year, and Roxio charged me an international fee. I didn't purchase anything out of the USA.

I have all my activation keys.

Please someone help me, as I'm now very late making this DVD and am wasted a vacation day to resolve this issue.

Note: I also went through compatability checking, and there's no problem there.

Thank you.

Hi,

I'm so sorry for your problems. All I can tell you is the experience I had. I was able to continue using the old Photoshow 5 program, and after some problems, that apparently were caused and fixed by Roxio, am able to upload shows with music changes, playback timing changes, transitions, clip art, and text. Roxio did send a separate version 5 as well as the new program. I did not reinstall their verson 5, keeping what I have since it works fine. I hope you were finally able to get help from their tech support. I always had good luck with the Simple Star support team, and not as thorough or good responses from Roxio, so I completely understand your frustration. I paid to upgrade to their premium service, too. Please let me know if you were able to finally resolve your issues. Thanks.

Hi,

I'm so sorry for your problems. All I can tell you is the experience I had. I was able to continue using the old Photoshow 5 program, and after some problems, that apparently were caused and fixed by Roxio, am able to upload shows with music changes, playback timing changes, transitions, clip art, and text. Roxio did send a separate version 5 as well as the new program. I did not reinstall their verson 5, keeping what I have since it works fine. I hope you were finally able to get help from their tech support. I always had good luck with the Simple Star support team, and not as thorough or good responses from Roxio, so I completely understand your frustration. I paid to upgrade to their premium service, too. Please let me know if you were able to finally resolve your issues. Thanks.

I just tried and got the same message indicating PhotoShow has a problem and will now close.

I never got my problems resolved. How did Roxio fix your problems? Did they do something or tell

you to do something? I keep hoping one day I'll click on that icon and the good old PhotoShow 5

will be back as it used to be. Roxio's version works, but I don't like it due to not having the

features I use, as you've mentioned above. Thanks for letting me know you're up and running.

I just tried and got the same message indicating PhotoShow has a problem and will now close.

I never got my problems resolved. How did Roxio fix your problems? Did they do something or tell

you to do something? I keep hoping one day I'll click on that icon and the good old PhotoShow 5

will be back as it used to be. Roxio's version works, but I don't like it due to not having the

features I use, as you've mentioned above. Thanks for letting me know you're up and running.

Sorry, I have not been on this forum for quite some time. I think you should go to your personal page at Roxio, and download the newer desktop version. It should be the same as the old version, but maybe without some of the amenities.

I am now experiencing a problem I never had before with version 5, myself. That is, when I delete a photo from my show in the view all screen, it still appears during the slideshow when I play it. On the view all screen, it is represented by a camera icon. I cannot re-delete it, nor restore it. So, I'm in the dark on this one. Hope you get your program opened and running. Good luck.

Gamma,

That's how my problems acutally began. I deleted a photo, and it appeard

as a camera icon. After several attemts to remove the photo from

my slideshow, I kept getted "this webpage is not responding" or something

like that. Ever since then, I haven't been able to use PS 5 (not Roxio).

I really don't won't to use Roxio, because I want my PS 5 features, but

I'll take your suggestion and do the upgrade IF it doesn't cost anything.

I paid enough money for everything that I can't use, and lots of wasted

time and tears!

Thanks so much.

Sandy

quote name='gramma' date='Feb 14 2009, 05:27 PM' post='257521']

Sorry, I have not been on this forum for quite some time. I think you should go to your personal page at Roxio, and download the newer desktop version. It should be the same as the old version, but maybe without some of the amenities.

I am now experiencing a problem I never had before with version 5, myself. That is, when I delete a photo from my show in the view all screen, it still appears during the slideshow when I play it. On the view all screen, it is represented by a camera icon. I cannot re-delete it, nor restore it. So, I'm in the dark on this one. Hope you get your program opened and running. Good luck.

Gamma,

I went to my Roxio webpage and to Roxio's homepage and there's nothing about a newer version;

at least one I don't have, and there's nothing said about an upgrade.

Sandy

Gamma,

time and tears!

Thanks so much.

Sandy

Gamma,

time and tears!

Thanks so much.

Sandy

Gamma,

I went to my Roxio webpage and to Roxio's homepage and there's nothing about a newer version;

at least one I don't have, and there's nothing said about an upgrade.

Sandy

http://blog.photoshow.com/photoshow/

I think this is what he meant. However this refers to v6.

Edited by Patty

Hi,

After uploading a Photoshow5 show to the new Roxio Online website, are you able to edit it, email it to yourself, then open the Received show?

I cannot open a Photoshow5 show that has been edited by the Roxio Online editor and emailed to myself. Seems like my Photoshow5 software is not compatible after being edited by the Online Editor.

I am able to upload Photoshow5 shows and make a mp4 video from them, but after the Online Editor edits them, they are no longer compatible with the desktop version.

I am worried after moving them over , if I will be able to publish them again or even edit them again....

Edited by hlotis905

Ever sinve Roxio sent me a free update I can burn a DVD but the start page at the beginning dose not show. Also once the show finishes it restarts the show playing agin without stopping.

After uploading a Photoshow5 show to the new Roxio Online website, are you able to edit it, email it to yourself, then open the Received show?

I cannot open a Photoshow5 show that has been edited by the Roxio Online editor and emailed to myself. Seems like my Photoshow5 software is not compatible after being edited by the Online Editor.

I am able to upload Photoshow5 shows and make a mp4 video from them, but after the Online Editor edits them, they are no longer compatible with the desktop version.

I am worried after moving them over , if I will be able to publish them again or even edit them again....

Hi,

I suggest you do any editing at the desktop version, then re-send to the website. Hope this helps.