rbauer623

Roxio Media Manager Install Problem

Question

I have the Roxio Drag to Disc program (bundled program from HP) intalled on my PC. I do not ave Roxio Media Manager but when I start up my PC I keep getting a message that Roxio Media Manager is trying to install. I don't know whay this is happening but since I do not have the disc needed the install cannot complete. I keep cancellng the install but after a while it comes ack again. How can I get the PC to stop trying to install this program. I am not initializing this - must be something that is happening automatically in my PC's start up procedures.

11 answers to this question

I have the Roxio Drag to Disc program (bundled program from HP) intalled on my PC. I do not ave Roxio Media Manager but when I start up my PC I keep getting a message that Roxio Media Manager is trying to install. I don't know whay this is happening but since I do not have the disc needed the install cannot complete. I keep cancellng the install but after a while it comes ack again. How can I get the PC to stop trying to install this program. I am not initializing this - must be something that is happening automatically in my PC's start up procedures.

Read this http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry224256

Have you got Blackberry Desktop Manager installed? If yes, it is likely you have also installed Roxio Media Manager. You can cure the issue by pointing the MSI installer to the folder location of installer files for Blackberry desktop Manager (with media manager). Once it is repaired you can uninstall and install a version without Media Manager :)

Have you got Blackberry Desktop Manager installed? If yes, it is likely you have also installed Roxio Media Manager. You can cure the issue by pointing the MSI installer to the folder location of installer files for Blackberry desktop Manager (with media manager). Once it is repaired you can uninstall and install a version without Media Manager :)

I've looked for that file, but i can't find it. where should i look?

Thank you firenhancer! I had the same problem on my PC. I did what you said and it worked perfectly!

Ken Lotze :rolleyes:

Same problem here: Roxio Media Manager keeps trying to update, but installation process always ends up in a loop where it asks for "Roxio Media Manager.msi". I have pointed to such a file on the RIM installation CD -- not accepted. And I cannot unistall the (Blackberry) Desktop Manager because this #$^@ Roxio Media Manger starts the installation routine before I can start any uninstall procedure!

Sorry to say it, but I am really annoyed! :angry:

Has anybody the same experience?

You're posting to a long-dead thread but did you try the suggestions.

Also, did you try removal using windows control panel with the disc inserted?

Finally - what OS are you using?

You're posting to a long-dead thread but did you try the suggestions.

Also, did you try removal using windows control panel with the disc inserted?

Finally - what OS are you using?

Hi gi7omy

Jep, I know that the post is old, and I actually did try the suggestions above. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my previous post, but NO (repeat: NO) add/removal of software via the control panel was possible AT ALL because the auto-update-installation started right after log-in (and no further instance of msiexec was allowed after that). I spent 6 annoying hours trying all solutions presented both here and in other posts on the net until finally following solution brought me to success:

I found an entry in the regestry under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" which started a process called ISUSPM, presumably the InstallShield of Macrovision. I deleted the item and after a reboot no new auto-update started, so I finally was able to perform a clean uninstall of the Blackberry Desktop Manager, which also removed the problem-causing Media Manager.

Sorry to say it, but I will require really good arguments before re-installing it...

Thanks so far.

By the way, I am running WinXP Professional with SP2

Part of the problem is you have a highly modified, cut down version made to Blackberry specs - but they seem reluctant to provide the agreed upon support (which they are supposed to)

Thank you thank you thank you Holger.

I was doing the same thing you were, trying everything I found to kill this stupid thing....

Nothing helped, but your regedit trick did the trick.

Mucho mucho mucho thanx.

--lilym