RMV

Cineplayer Cannot Play Blu-ray

Question

I have Windows Vista and Creator 2009 Ultimate (boxed, not download).

When I try to play a blu-ray-disc in CinePlayer I get this message:

"CinePlayer was unable to Activate the security files necessary to begin playback of this copy protected file.

Please try playing this title again with an active Internet connection."

I do have an active Internet connection (I tried disabling the firewal and the antivirus... but no luck). I believe that Ultimate includes the blu-ray plugin (in fact, to prove it, in MYDVD I can see these options: Blu-Ray Project or Blu-Ray no menus Project - these projects will only be selectable if you own the Creator 2009 Blu-Ray plug-in).

What is wrong? Are there more than one blu-ray plugin? Does Ultimate (boxed) include it/all of them or not?

Assuming the (only one) blu-ray plugin was included with Ultimate, how can I solve this issue so that I can playblu-ray discs.

Thanks in advance.

RMV

9 answers to this question

I don't know for sure, but from what I can see on their site, it doesn't look like Cineplayer is a Blue-Ray player.

The Blue-Ray plug-in allows for authoring (creating) Blue-Ray discs, so of course that's why you would see it in MyDVD. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with Cineplayer or the playing of Blue-Ray discs.

Do you have the hardware, Blu-ray DVD Rom Player or Blu-ray DVD Burner?

cd

Hi Larry,

The box mentions blu-ray authoring and PLAYBACK requires High-Def/Blu-ray dick plug-in... The Getting Started Guide says something about playing movie discs.... and the posibility of buying Blu-ray support as an inexpensive upgrade

Hi cdanteek,

Yes, I do have the hardware (blu-ray player/burner drive). And I can play/watch blu-ray disks in Power DVD DX...

Thanks

RMV

Thank you all for your replies and confirming I was too optimistic about the capabilities of the blu-ray plugin and all those blu-ray logos in the box and the website.

I find it a bit disappointing after spending £69.99 to get "The Ultimate way to get great results" that not all "Digital Media" is actually "Made Easy"...

A bit of a shame that "the ultimate digital theater" is not capable of playing all types of movie discs.

I hope Roxio (hint, hint) will provide a free upgrade some day to round off what I think looks very promising (still haven't had too much time to try everything yet).

Thanks.

RMV

I bought the stand alone Cineplayer 5 BD For my Blue Ray Drive but have changed from Vista 64 to Win 7 64 and now when I try to play Blue Ray Disc it informs me that I don't have the proper permissions to read copy protected disc. Does anybody know of

a fix for this problem?

That is an old product and no longer supported. It was suggested that Roxio made a business decision not to update the program evey time a new protection scheme came out. For awhile, that is frequently.

I found this recently but I doubt that the author has any real inside information.