10 replies to this topic

#1 Yvette Cressend

Yvette Cressend

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:17 PM

Please, please, please help me.  I have been working on a photoshow all week.  Finally finished it, it was uploaded to photoshow.com.  My problem is I have desktop application, paid for premium servies.  Now I want to burn a DVD.  When I go to open the destop application it says "an unexpected error has occurred and photoshow will shut down"

What do I do now?  I need this DVD for this weekend.

Last time I had a problem, I had to uninstall the Photoshow and install again, along with re-installing all 33 photoshows back to my desktop application.  A real PIA.

Can you help me please?

I am really frustrated with this program and will start looking around for a new one.

Yvette

#2 harpman

harpman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Yvette Cressend @ Nov 11 2008, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please, please, please help me.  I have been working on a photoshow all week.  Finally finished it, it was uploaded to photoshow.com.  My problem is I have desktop application, paid for premium servies.  Now I want to burn a DVD.  When I go to open the destop application it says "an unexpected error has occurred and photoshow will shut down"

What do I do now?  I need this DVD for this weekend.

Last time I had a problem, I had to uninstall the Photoshow and install again, along with re-installing all 33 photoshows back to my desktop application.  A real PIA.

Can you help me please?

I am really frustrated with this program and will start looking around for a new one.

Yvette

well at least now i know i'm not the only one having the exact same problem...every time i call the toll free number they say they are closed...does any body know what is going on?...i also was in the middle of a real important photoshow i was making and now it's too late..anyone know how i can get my money back?

#3 Mary44

Mary44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (harpman @ Nov 17 2008, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well at least now i know i'm not the only one having the exact same problem...every time i call the toll free number they say they are closed...does any body know what is going on?...i also was in the middle of a real important photoshow i was making and now it's too late..anyone know how i can get my money back?

Yvette, I had the same problem. Mine crashed on my previous computer. I had bought the extendable download serice, so I put the program on my new computer a few weeks ago. It worked for a few days and crashed again, giving the exact same message you got. I usinstalled it three times and reinstalled and it won't work. I've called tech support and I'm finding that no one supports it any more. Does ANYONE have a number that works for tech support?  And can someone recommend another program similar to this program?  I bought a new program and it doesn't have some features on it that the photoshow 5 has on that I liked. Darn it!! If anyone can help me also, I'd appreciate it!   You can send an email to if you like as long as it pertains to photoshow or another one like it.   mkrenzelok@nconnect.net

thanks!
Mary

#4 malatekid

malatekid

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,672 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:28 PM

All of you experienced got the same error in Photoshow 5? Can someone please provide detailed steps that lead to the error? I want to duplicate it.
"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances, and demonstrations for impressions"
   -- John Ruskin

Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
Dell XPS 410
Windows XP Professional,Service Pack 3
Intel 2 Duo Processor E6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)

1 GB DDR3 EVGA GeForce GT 630
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Samsung SH-S203B, Asus DRW-2014L1T
Epson R300 printer, Epson 4490 Scanner

#5 Helplessuser

Helplessuser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (malatekid @ Nov 18 2008, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All of you experienced got the same error in Photoshow 5? Can someone please provide detailed steps that lead to the error? I want to duplicate it.
I find that the problem happens after I download the photoshows from my roxio site.  I have a brand new computer, Lenovo desktop, vista premium  worked great for about two months.  I uninstalled, lost all photoshows, tried to download several photoshows from my site and "unexpected error" comes again.  When I uninstall, reinstall and stay away from roxio site PS5 works great.  I want my Photoshows back!  Was using trend micro, free with computer, thought that may have been it.  Finally got rid of trendmicro, use mcaffee now.  support suggested to open all firewalls and virus protect, no work.  support suggested new user with admin priviledge, no work,  went to chat left work early, chat repeated what I had already done, then chat suggested deleting ps5 then new user, work fine for 3 days until I tried to reload from my roxio site, "unexpected error" note the ps did take a long time to download and I cancelled the load, went to restart PS5 "unexpected error"   Photoshow has been working on my laptop, downloads do not crash the PS5 but will not load and video clips.  Did roxio put a bug in their site?

Edited by Helplessuser, 19 November 2008 - 01:48 PM.

#6 Helplessuser

Helplessuser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (Helplessuser @ Nov 19 2008, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find that the problem happens after I download the photoshows from my roxio site.  I have a brand new computer, Lenovo desktop, vista premium  worked great for about two months.  I uninstalled, lost all photoshows, tried to download several photoshows from my site and "unexpected error" comes again.  When I uninstall, reinstall and stay away from roxio site PS5 works great.  I want my Photoshows back!  Was using trend micro, free with computer, thought that may have been it.  Finally got rid of trendmicro, use mcaffee now.  support suggested to open all firewalls and virus protect, no work.  support suggested new user with admin priviledge, no work,  went to chat left work early, chat repeated what I had already done, then chat suggested deleting ps5 then new user, work fine for 3 days until I tried to reload from my roxio site, "unexpected error" note the ps did take a long time to download and I cancelled the load, went to restart PS5 "unexpected error"   Photoshow has been working on my laptop, downloads do not crash the PS5 but will not load and video clips.  Did roxio put a bug in their site?

Alrighty then, part two, I deleted trendmicro, installed mcafee.  Reinstalled photoshow 5, I did lose all photoshows,  Opened mcafee allowed photoshow in and out access and I found macromedia was restricted as well and allowed it as well.  Double checked windows and photoshow is allowed.  Tried to down load photoshows from my site and SUCCESS.  Now we will see how long it will last.  Is it possible that the firewall and virus protection sensed something wrong with the downloads and possibly would not allow the program to open?  I hope this stays, cause I love my PS.  and it did last on the new computer for about 40 days without incident.  I cant remember if I loaded from the site or transferred old PSs from my laptop.  hope this helps some folks.

#7 Yvette Cressend

Yvette Cressend

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (Helplessuser @ Nov 20 2008, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alrighty then, part two, I deleted trendmicro, installed mcafee.  Reinstalled photoshow 5, I did lose all photoshows,  Opened mcafee allowed photoshow in and out access and I found macromedia was restricted as well and allowed it as well.  Double checked windows and photoshow is allowed.  Tried to down load photoshows from my site and SUCCESS.  Now we will see how long it will last.  Is it possible that the firewall and virus protection sensed something wrong with the downloads and possibly would not allow the program to open?  I hope this stays, cause I love my PS.  and it did last on the new computer for about 40 days without incident.  I cant remember if I loaded from the site or transferred old PSs from my laptop.  hope this helps some folks.

Disabled my virus protector and it still does not work.  Added the exception to my virus protector and it still does not work.

#8 BimboKay

BimboKay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

I have been having problems for MONTHS!   My computer crashed and the repair place said PhotoShow sent a virus when sending (yet another) download.   I have all my documentation and I just want them to send me a disc.  Wouldn't that be easier?   I ended up buying a new computer and the problems start all over again.  I wouldn't care if these weren't PhotoShows that others want.  There's no way to make a DVD from those stored online.

My most recent back-and-forth emails are from October.  I had to get a new computer to work on a project and didn't DARE try to do anything with Roxio until now.

Anyone have a way to force Roxio to send me a PhotoShow 5 disc rather than trying the impossible...downloading from their website?

#9 charedmo

charedmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

Hi Yvette, I am also having this problem and for some reason it just started it. I have reinstalled it several time, I have tried to restore it and  with no success. Have you found a way to resolve it? If not, did you find a program that is as easy to use as Photoshop? Thanks, Charlotte

#10 WEHO WILLY

WEHO WILLY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:14 AM

[/font][font="Tahoma"]
QUOTE (Helplessuser @ Nov 19 2008, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bug in their site? I thought the same thing. My Photoshow Deluxe 5 worked great UNTIL I downloaded ROXIO Photoshow. Now I get an error message that says,"Photoshow Deluxe 5 has encountered a problem and must close". I've scanned Registry Cleaner,Disk Repair,Disk Defragment,Performance and Maintainance,I checked Firewall,and adjusted my LAN settings...nothing works. I discovered that SimpleStar was taken over by ROXIO and that Roxio Photoshow is Down-graded...however,if you want the same features that were included in Photoshow Deluxe 5, Roxio sells an Up-graded version for 39.95...but it's only licensed for one year !!! What a Rip-Off !!! angry.gif

#11 confusedmom

confusedmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (WEHO WILLY @ Feb 6 2009, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/font][font="Tahoma"]

Bug in their site? I thought the same thing. My Photoshow Deluxe 5 worked great UNTIL I downloaded ROXIO Photoshow. Now I get an error message that says,"Photoshow Deluxe 5 has encountered a problem and must close". I've scanned Registry Cleaner,Disk Repair,Disk Defragment,Performance and Maintainance,I checked Firewall,and adjusted my LAN settings...nothing works. I discovered that SimpleStar was taken over by ROXIO and that Roxio Photoshow is Down-graded...however,if you want the same features that were included in Photoshow Deluxe 5, Roxio sells an Up-graded version for 39.95...but it's only licensed for one year !!! What a Rip-Off !!! angry.gif

I have been PhotoShow5 with no problems until today.  All of a sudden, I'm getting Photoshow 5 keeps giving me the error: "An unexpected error has occurred. PhotoShow has now closed." Then bam, the Photoshow 5 screen disappears.  Has anyone received any help in what to do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users