• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 motohead

motohead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:35 AM

Just installed Roxio Creator 2009 on my Vista 64 bit system. Most of the programme elements work fine but I am unable to  get the Drag and Drop option to work. It comes up with "CPSCommonTools10.dll cannot be found" error. Is this a problem on my system or is this particular programme unable to work on Vista 64 bit systems. Also when checking for updates a message     shows: "Software manager does not recognise this product. Error 13003. Version not registered with FlexNet Connect. Any takers please?

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,562 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:54 AM

What kind of file are you trying to feed it?

The DLL shows up in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\DLLShared

If you don't have it, you will need to run the Clean Install - Vista

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 25 November 2008 - 03:40 AM.

Posted Image

#3 motohead

motohead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

I'm not trying to feed it anything. Its just that this feature of Creator 2009 won't open at all, giving the "CPSCommonTools10.dll cannot be found" error message.

#4 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:44 PM

Are you sure you have 2009?

My system shows CPSCommonTools11 and not 10

You may be having a clsh with 10 if you have that installed, in which case all I can think of is that you will have to do the clean install to remove the oplder app
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#5 motohead

motohead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:38 AM

It definitely Creator 2009. I can find the CPSCommonTools11.dll in the C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\CommonFiles\Roxio Shared\11.0\DllShared folder, but there is no 10  version.

#6 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,423 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (motohead @ Nov 24 2008, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also when checking for updates a message     shows: "Software manager does not recognise this product. Error 13003. Version not registered with FlexNet Connect. Any takers please?

What actual version of Creator 2009 have you installed ?? Can you tell me its full name, as shown when you run the Home Application and go to Help > About this software, please.

FlexNet Connect is a subscription service which Sonic/Roxio use to inform users of updates for their software. Checking for updates sends a message to FlexNet Connect with a token showing what software and what version you have, and FlexNet checks that and replies to you.

Sonic/Roxio haven't subscribed some "reduced capability" versions to FlexNet, even though they left the query code in the program, so if you query updates in those versions you get that error message.

You shouldn't get the error if you have a full retail version, so if you get the error despite running the full version it could indicate that your installation has been damaged - another reason for the clean install suggestion.

P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#7 motohead

motohead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:08 AM

Hi, Its Roxio Creator 2009 Special Edition. Version 1.1.110 SP1; 4.50.05a (Ive installed their SP1 update pack foe vista).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users