#21 Tim Hewett

Tim Hewett

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (tsantee @ Feb 22 2009, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldn't figure out a pattern to it. Regardless of your logic that you shouldn't need to upgrade to have this work, how much is your time worth to you as you continue fighting this?

Most of the HD programmes I find worth keeping are on a channel that has no ads anyway (so only needs one edit), and it turns out that Toast 9 edits the programmes on that channel ok anyway, even if it did have ads.

On the channel that has ads I've found that if I save the entire unedited recording to a bluray disk image, mount the image and then edit the 00001.m2ts file to top and tail it and get rid of the ad breaks, Toast saves it fine. For a relatively infrequent HD channel it is just a bit of inconvenience.

#22 Teggy

Teggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

I have been able to cut out portions of Tivo video, but I am having one problem. In all of my clips, I want to keep a portion in the middle of clip. I set up a portion to cut at the beginning and another at the end. The problem is, when the final video is exported, there is always a tiny sliver at the beginning that remains. Even if I set the edit point all the way at 00:00.00, if you save and re-open the video, it shows the start at 00:00.02.

Has anyone else encountered this and figured out how to work around it?

Also, can you change the preview picture that shows up on the DVD menu?

Edited by Teggy, 16 May 2009 - 08:52 PM.

#23 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,599 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (Teggy @ May 16 2009, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been able to cut out portions of Tivo video, but I am having one problem. In all of my clips, I want to keep a portion in the middle of clip. I set up a portion to cut at the beginning and another at the end. The problem is, when the final video is exported, there is always a tiny sliver at the beginning that remains. Even if I set the edit point all the way at 00:00.00, if you save and re-open the video, it shows the start at 00:00.02.

Has anyone else encountered this and figured out how to work around it?

Also, can you change the preview picture that shows up on the DVD menu?

I can only help with the preview picture. Click on the thumbnail image that's in the Video window and a scroll bar appears. Slide the scroll bar to select a different image. Only keyframes are available for selection.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#24 Teggy

Teggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (tsantee @ May 17 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can only help with the preview picture. Click on the thumbnail image that's in the Video window and a scroll bar appears. Slide the scroll bar to select a different image. Only keyframes are available for selection.

This is on the page where you view all files that are to be burned, after clicking edit on one of those files, or after opening the file in Roxio player? It's doable with .tivo files?

Thanks...

#25 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,599 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Teggy @ May 18 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is on the page where you view all files that are to be burned, after clicking edit on one of those files, or after opening the file in Roxio player? It's doable with .tivo files?

Thanks...

Rather than selecting the entire item in the Video window (which causes it to be in a blue-shaded background) click only on the thumbnail image itself. Then you'll see the scroll bar appear. Yes it works with TiVo files.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#26 Teggy

Teggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (tsantee @ May 18 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rather than selecting the entire item in the Video window (which causes it to be in a blue-shaded background) click only on the thumbnail image itself. Then you'll see the scroll bar appear. Yes it works with TiVo files.

OK, I see now, thanks! I did a quick test, and using a frame from inside the selected area appears to have fixed the other issue as well. Perhaps it confuses the program, making it think it needs the one extra frame being used as the preview picture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users