• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 easyway

easyway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:58 PM

After reading numerous posts on this site almost afraid to ask the following but....

Installed Creator 2009 w/o uninstalling Easy Media Creator 10.  While working with Sound Editor, program will not recognize WAV file.  It does recognize WMA.  Never had a problem with EMC10 so thought I would uninstall Creator 2009, uninstall EMC 10 and re-install Creator 2009, or just go with EMC 10 considering all the problems I read about with Creator 2009.  When trying to uninstall Creator 2009 receive the following error:  Setup encountered an error during installation.  Error code 04c7.  What now?

Take it easy on me, I am no way close to a guru.  I just try my best to run the programs.....

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,307 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:40 AM

Oh, oh, you broke it now!  laugh.gif

So you want just EMC 10 on your PC right? The Clean Install directions are  Here, make sure you print out the one for your OS (XP Vista).

If you want 2009, the Clean Install is linked in a pined post at the top of this forum.

In either case you will have to follow the Clean Install to the letter!

Use the More or Less method. (Don't do More than it says and don't do Less!)

Posted Image

#3 FNGuy

FNGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:37 PM

I'd be extremely careful using the clean uninstall method.  If by chance you corrupt the registry, restoring it is NOT for the weak hearted.  My recommendation would be to create a restore point prior to installing EMC 2009.  If it doesn't install correctly or won't run after the install, then you can restore to the point before you attempted the install.  

In my humble opinion, this is a lot safer than fooling around with the registry.  Very dangerous.  There are some entries in the hives used by EMC that CANNOT be restored while Windows is running.  That means manually editing/entering registry entries.  Be very cautious!!!!!

And so it goes...

FNGuy

#4 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,535 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (FNGuy @ Dec 11 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd be extremely careful using the clean uninstall method.  If by chance you corrupt the registry, restoring it is NOT for the weak hearted.  My recommendation would be to create a restore point prior to installing EMC 2009.  If it doesn't install correctly or won't run after the install, then you can restore to the point before you attempted the install.  

In my humble opinion, this is a lot safer than fooling around with the registry.  Very dangerous.  There are some entries in the hives used by EMC that CANNOT be restored while Windows is running.  That means manually editing/entering registry entries.  Be very cautious!!!!!

And so it goes...

FNGuy

And what you suggest , won't get the program up and running.  blink.gif  blink.gif

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users