Sign in to follow this  
crowland2

Messed Up Audio When Editing Video...

Question

I recently had to replace the motherboard on my computer. I reinstalled Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. All goes well, until I drag the video into the edit line. When I play it, all you can hears is a very loud static noise. I can click on the same video in the media selector and the audio is fine. I'm running Winxp and NVIDIA® nForce Audio. Any ideas? Thanks!

6 answers to this question

I recently had to replace the motherboard on my computer. I reinstalled Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. All goes well, until I drag the video into the edit line. When I play it, all you can hears is a very loud static noise. I can click on the same video in the media selector and the audio is fine. I'm running Winxp and NVIDIA® nForce Audio. Any ideas? Thanks!

IE 7? WMP 11?

Turn down the audio acceleration using dxdiag (Windows >Run)

Have you installed the latest drivers for the audio chip?

What kind of video file? MOV?

Edited by sknis

IE 7? WMP 11?

IE6 I don't think I have WMP on this computer, but I could be wrong. Is that the problem?

I did this and the issue is still there.

No. Where do I find this?

*.avi All this worked fine until I replaced my motherboard. I had to reinstall the drivers and maybe I missed something. I have Creative Audio installed--"Sound Blaster Live!" Something like that. Thanks for the response!

IE 7? WMP 11?

IE6 I don't think I have WMP on this computer, but I could be wrong. Is that the problem?

I did this and the issue is still there.

No. Where do I find this?

*.avi All this worked fine until I replaced my motherboard. I had to reinstall the drivers and maybe I missed something. I have Creative Audio installed--"Sound Blaster Live!" Something like that. Thanks for the response!

WMP is Windows Media Player, and you do have it on your computer.

For the audio chip, the first place that I would look for an update, is your motherboard manufacturer's website. If you don't find anything there, go to NVidia's site, and see if there is an update for your sound chip.

WMP is Windows Media Player, and you do have it on your computer.

For the audio chip, the first place that I would look for an update, is your motherboard manufacturer's website. If you don't find anything there, go to NVidia's site, and see if there is an update for your sound chip.

I downloaded the update for my computer at the Nvidia site, and it works! I was thinking the Nvidia was just VIDEO, not audio. Oh well--it works now. Thanks.

I downloaded the update for my computer at the Nvidia site, and it works! I was thinking the Nvidia was just VIDEO, not audio. Oh well--it works now. Thanks.

Great ! :)

You're welcome, and I am glad it got you squared away.