• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

marcus_gonzalez

Exporting DVD to file format

Question

Any combination of options I choose on the Player tab to export a DVD to a file I get the following error "couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS Error. result code = -50". Has anybody gotten this feature to work on a intel mac using popcorn 2.

14 answers to this question

Any combination of options I choose on the Player tab to export a DVD to a file I get the following error "couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS Error. result code = -50". Has anybody gotten this feature to work on a intel mac using popcorn 2.

Where is the VIDEO_TS source you are using located? (ie local hard disk, external drive, etc)

If you use the same source to create a DVD-Video disc, does this complete without error?

Where is the VIDEO_TS source you are using located? (ie local hard disk, external drive, etc)

If you use the same source to create a DVD-Video disc, does this complete without error?

The source is a DVD, the source is not a VIDEO_TS folder. The player tab gives you an option of using a DVD as a source but it doesn't work.

The source is a DVD, the source is not a VIDEO_TS folder. The player tab gives you an option of using a DVD as a source but it doesn't work.

1) Can you confirm this is not protected content? (I assume yes, but just checking)

2) Can you copy the VIDEO_TS from the DVD to your local hard disc and try to use that as a source?

1) Can you confirm this is not protected content? (I assume yes, but just checking)

2) Can you copy the VIDEO_TS from the DVD to your local hard disc and try to use that as a source?

The content is not protected. The VIDEO_TS was copied from a DVD to my hard drive. The DVD I am using is a copy of vhs tape from my vacation like 7 years ago. Here is what I sent support.

The program: Popcorn2

The error message: "couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS error result code=-50".

Step by step what I am doing:

Open Popcorn 2

Click on the Player tab

For video source I choose video_ts folder

Click on select and choose my video_ts folder

output options are

device: mpeg-4 Player

quality: standard

save to: movies folder

I hit export and get the above stated error. It doesn't matter if my source is dvd or video_ts I get the same error. Just as a note the video_ts folder that produces the error burns fine to a dvd from the DVD tab. Operating system is ox 10.4.4 on a intel mac. I hope I'm just making a silly mistake or just missing some file.

The content is not protected. The VIDEO_TS was copied from a DVD to my hard drive. The DVD I am using is a copy of vhs tape from my vacation like 7 years ago. Here is what I sent support.

The program: Popcorn2

The error message: "couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS error result code=-50".

Step by step what I am doing:

Open Popcorn 2

Click on the Player tab

For video source I choose video_ts folder

Click on select and choose my video_ts folder

output options are

device: mpeg-4 Player

quality: standard

save to: movies folder

I hit export and get the above stated error. It doesn't matter if my source is dvd or video_ts I get the same error. Just as a note the video_ts folder that produces the error burns fine to a dvd from the DVD tab. Operating system is ox 10.4.4 on a intel mac. I hope I'm just making a silly mistake or just missing some file.

Thanks for the update, I'm going to contact you directly for some more information.

Thanks for the update, I'm going to contact you directly for some more information.

I have the exact same problem you're describing on an iMac 2gh ICD OSX 10.4.4. Please post your resolution if you find one.

Thanks.

:)

Have experienced the same problem with two of my VIDEO_TS Folders on a G4 iMac/800 Mhz/768 Mb of Ram/160 GB Hard Drive dedicated to media, running Tiger 10.4.6

Trying to compress to PSP format

Please advise

I am having the same -50 problem.

When attempting to create a compressed movie for iTunes I get and error stating "Couldn't comlete operation because of a MAC OS Error. Result code = -50." This happens immedately after I press the "Export" button.

Has anyone solved this?

Eric :

I'm having the same problem as everyone else here. I can get popcorn to burn the video-ts files to a dvd but when i try and get popcorn to convert the same video_ts files to my video ipod i get the same error screen as everyone else. Is anyone ever going to post a response to this problem?

I'm having the same problem as everyone else here. I can get popcorn to burn the video-ts files to a dvd but when i try and get popcorn to convert the same video_ts files to my video ipod i get the same error screen as everyone else. Is anyone ever going to post a response to this problem?

I get the same error message. I have an unencoded DVD Video_TS folder on my hard drive that I want to put on my iPod. I select VIDEo_TS folder as the video source. In the Player tab I select Video Ipod (I've slecetd all of the quality settings as test). Then when I click on the export button it says "Couldn't complete the last command becasue of a Mac OS Error Result code = -50

Anyone ever solve this problem?