Roxio Community

Please insert a blank or rewritable disk..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 jplalonde

jplalonde

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:03 PM

When I try to copy a disk image onto a DVD, I get the message:  Please insert a blank or rewritable CD into the drive.   :huh:

The DVD is a blank DVD that I erased (long and short method),  I even tried with a brand new DVD+R.  I rebooted the system and it always give me the same message.  :)

Any idea what causes this glitch?

#2 Beerman

Beerman

Digital Beer Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -7,205 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:29 PM

View Postjplalonde, on Apr 18 2006, 08:03 PM, said:

When I try to copy a disk image onto a DVD, I get the message:  Please insert a blank or rewritable CD into the drive.   :huh:

The DVD is a blank DVD that I erased (long and short method),  I even tried with a brand new DVD+R.  I rebooted the system and it always give me the same message.  :)

Your drive is not one that many people seem to be happy with.  First thing is to make sure you have the latest drivers for your Phillips drive.  Make sure the drive is clean and try different brands of discs.
Paul
------
Custom Built ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W Power Supply, COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III SSD, InfiniTV4 & HDHomerun Tuners- running Windows 8 (and other goodies)
#2-P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS,

#3 jplalonde

jplalonde

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:25 PM

View Postpcostanza, on Apr 18 2006, 05:29 PM, said:

Your drive is not one that many people seem to be happy with.  First thing is to make sure you have the latest drivers for your Phillips drive.  Make sure the drive is clean and try different brands of discs.

I updated the firmware to the latest Dell made available.  I also tried two different brands of DVDs Verbatim and Memorex.  Unfortunately the issue remains the same.  I am not sure how to make sure the drive is clean, I guess that is my next assignment.  Thank you for your suggestions.   :)  JP

#4 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,348 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:33 PM

View Postjplalonde, on Apr 18 2006, 09:25 PM, said:

I updated the firmware to the latest Dell made available.  I also tried two different brands of DVDs Verbatim and Memorex.  Unfortunately the issue remains the same.  I am not sure how to make sure the drive is clean, I guess that is my next assignment.  Thank you for your suggestions.   :)  JP

If you do a search of the internet, you will find first, that that is an old burner.  You will also find that some folks find it was a bad burner.  If I could not get it to work properly, I would just replace it.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#5 Larry

Larry

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,230 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:23 PM

View Postjplalonde, on Apr 18 2006, 08:03 PM, said:

If the message is saying you need to insert a CD, then maybe the image file is a CD Disc image, not a DVD disc image. I'm not sure you can burn a CD image file to a DVD disc. Have you tried a CD-RW to see what happens.
Larry
Registered Member Creator 2010 Pro, Creator 2009 Ultimate, EMC 10, 9, 8 Deluxe, 7.5, 7, ECDC 6,5,4

Dell Precision WorkStation 450 / 2 - Intel Xeon 2.80ghz CPU w/HT, 512mb L2 Cache, 533mhz Bus / 2gb RAM / 1800gb+ HDD's / NVIDIA GeForce 6200 / Lite-On 165H6S CD DVD+/- DVD+/-DL /  Plextor PX-708UF /
Hauppage WinTV HVR-950Q / Hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II 250 / Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2 / XP Pro SP3 / Windows 7

#6 jplalonde

jplalonde

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:49 PM

View Postlbissonette, on Apr 19 2006, 04:23 PM, said:

If the message is saying you need to insert a CD, then maybe the image file is a CD Disc image, not a DVD disc image. I'm not sure you can burn a CD image file to a DVD disc. Have you tried a CD-RW to see what happens.

The image is definitely a for a DVD.  Last night, I tried one more time before going to bed with a DVD+RW that was rejected earlier. Guess what.... it worked just fine.  I am starting to beleive the folks who say that my DVD writer may not be the best thing after sliced bread.

Have a nice day and thanks for your comments.   :)

#7 mrfletch

mrfletch

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:08 PM

View Postjplalonde, on Apr 19 2006, 07:49 PM, said:

The image is definitely a for a DVD.  Last night, I tried one more time before going to bed with a DVD+RW that was rejected earlier. Guess what.... it worked just fine.  I am starting to beleive the folks who say that my DVD writer may not be the best thing after sliced bread.

Have a nice day and thanks for your comments.   :)

I was having a similar problem. Go to this forum > EMC 8-Copy and check Mrfletch' es qoute on>
2nd April 2006 - 03:01 PM
Last post by: pcostanza

I followed the instructions about doing a Disc Image ( copying to a file) then burning that file to a standard DVD+- R . It worked for me. For some reason you cant burn directly to a Standard DVD+- R, it will always prompt you to insert a D/L DVD unless you copy from a Disc Image.  
I still hav'nt had real good luck with EMC 8 so I'm back to EMC 7 until they come up with some fixes. .

#8 jplalonde

jplalonde

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:37 PM

View Postmrfletch, on Apr 21 2006, 06:08 PM, said:

I was having a similar problem. Go to this forum > EMC 8-Copy and check Mrfletch' es qoute on>
2nd April 2006 - 03:01 PM
Last post by: pcostanza

I followed the instructions about doing a Disc Image ( copying to a file) then burning that file to a standard DVD+- R . It worked for me. For some reason you cant burn directly to a Standard DVD+- R, it will always prompt you to insert a D/L DVD unless you copy from a Disc Image.  
I still hav'nt had real good luck with EMC 8 so I'm back to EMC 7 until they come up with some fixes. .

I added an external DVD drive to my system and the problem went away.  I am not sure if EMC has trouble dealing with my old drive or maybe the drive itself has some difficulty.  The new one performs the job everytime and much faster.

Thanks for your feedback.  JP   :)

#9 kao218

kao218

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:43 PM

Hi I was looking for some help. I just purchased a new HP Pavilion with a DVD burner recently. I am a school teacher and my students created short 10-15 movie project. Using my DVD recorder I recorded them all on a Philips DVD-R which had 4.7 GB and 1-8X speed. The total time available was 120 minutes. I recorded about 105 minutes onto the DVD-R.

Now comes the problem. I want to burn multiple copies of the master to give out to my students. My computer came with a Sonic Program and I also purchases Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burn. I am having the same issue with both programs. I can copy the master CD fine. However, when I go to burn the copies it will get to 70% copy and then an error screen will pop up, which says insert rewritable cd or something about memory. I have been trying to record on Memorex and Sony DVD-Rs with the same GB and recording time. What am I doing wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users