• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dnehrs

dnehrs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:32 PM

Initially, Popcorn was working fine.  Then on the last four disks, it would fail in "verify" mode.  I would play the disks, and sure enough, they would skip or lock up near the end.  These are Dual-Layer recordings.  Problem is that it also ruins the DL disk.  I want to watch one of the videos on my Mac to see if the corruption is in the VIDEO-TS folder.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is this a Popcorn problem?

Edited by dnehrs, 20 April 2006 - 12:33 PM.

#2 alexatrox

alexatrox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:13 PM

View Postdnehrs, on Apr 20 2006, 04:32 PM, said:

Initially, Popcorn was working fine.  Then on the last four disks, it would fail in "verify" mode.  I would play the disks, and sure enough, they would skip or lock up near the end.  These are Dual-Layer recordings.  Problem is that it also ruins the DL disk.  I want to watch one of the videos on my Mac to see if the corruption is in the VIDEO-TS folder.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is this a Popcorn problem?

Try saving to a disc image first before burning to disc.  You might also want to try a different brand/type of DL media.

#3 RedShark92

RedShark92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:44 AM

I had this same problem.

I tried your suggestion, I also set the burning speed to 1X and double-checked other settings.

Currently, whether I burn a Video_TS folder directly or save it as a Disc image first and then burn it I get the same problem. The burn seems to complete OK and the resulting disc is playable on my DVD player but the Mac refuses to mount it.

The situation is slightly different depending on which method I use. When using a disc image I'm able to play the disc if I open up the Mac's DVD player immediately and play it. Once I dismount the disc though, that's it, the Mac will not mount it.

The burn is also slightly less reliable from a Video_TS, I've seen image breakup and slight skipping near the end of some of those discs.

Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users