Sign in to follow this  
sylvr

Adding Tracks To Slideshow

Question

I am adding music to my slideshow and need to add 3 tracks. One of these is 151 seconds long but I can only get it to play about two thirds of this. I am able to play it right through on windows media player. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

7 answers to this question

I am adding music to my slideshow and need to add 3 tracks. One of these is 151 seconds long but I can only get it to play about two thirds of this. I am able to play it right through on windows media player. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Click on the Fit to Audio icon.

Click on the Fit to Audio icon.

Thank you Grandpabruce but I have tried that and it hasn't made any difference.

Thank you Grandpabruce but I have tried that and it hasn't made any difference.

Maybe you need to explain exactly what you are doing.

Maybe you need to explain exactly what you are doing.

I have made a slideshow and added transitions etc. Now added music and needed to add 3 tracks to match length of pictures. Two of the tracks work, as on previous occasions when I have made these slideshows, but the third one stops before it gets to the end of the track. I tried putting this on another slideshow (just one track this time) to see whether it would be OK but it was still the same. I have also played this several times using media player and it plays right to the end. I looked in the help section and tried to lengthen the track, as suggested, but that didn't work either. I also added the tracks and didn't click on the fit to music button - but it was still the same. It doesn't sound too bad as it is but I would prefer to be able to use the whole track if I can.

Thanks for your help.

I have made a slideshow and added transitions etc. Now added music and needed to add 3 tracks to match length of pictures. Two of the tracks work, as on previous occasions when I have made these slideshows, but the third one stops before it gets to the end of the track. I tried putting this on another slideshow (just one track this time) to see whether it would be OK but it was still the same. I have also played this several times using media player and it plays right to the end. I looked in the help section and tried to lengthen the track, as suggested, but that didn't work either. I also added the tracks and didn't click on the fit to music button - but it was still the same. It doesn't sound too bad as it is but I would prefer to be able to use the whole track if I can.

Thanks for your help.

Then there is something wrong with the music clip, even if it does play in WMP. Is it a .wav file? Can you get a fresh copy of the same clip from your CD, or wherever you got it from?

If it is from a CD, rip it to your hard drive as a .wav file.

Edited by grandpabruce

Then there is something wrong with the music clip, even if it does play in WMP. Is it a .wav file? Can you get a fresh copy of the same clip from your CD, or wherever you got it from?

If it is from a CD, rip it to your hard drive as a .wav file.

Thanks again grandpabruce - I followed your advice and ripped another copy of that track from the CD and it is now working perfectly. :)

Thanks again grandpabruce - I followed your advice and ripped another copy of that track from the CD and it is now working perfectly. :)

You're welcome, and I am glad that the fix was that easy.