• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Izzi Watson

Izzi Watson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

I bought software online from Roxio a few days ago called VHS to DVD.  In an effort to install everything and get it working, I need to update the Windows Vista USB 2861 driver.  I have spent several hours trying to find it and install it without success. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,564 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:42 PM

The unit shipped with all of the drivers, there aren't anymore…

What problem?

Posted Image

#3 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,934 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

Here are the USB drivers for VHS to DVD product
Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#4 TeflonHeretic

TeflonHeretic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:56 PM

That's great: one flippant, smart-a** reply and one with the information we're looking for, for a net result of 50% customer service.  'Not exactly inspiring confidence here, Mr. Hardin.  

I bought this thing with the intention of using it with a system running Windows 7; when I get the software installed and try to set up a project, I find that the "Capture Device" field is blank, and that the "Easy VHS to DVD" software does not make mention of the acronym VHS anywhere within that software.  Which means I have to immediately start hoping that this isn't another one of those criminally-misnamed products that will only capture video from a digital camcorder or other digital device (a redundancy in any case,) and will not, in fact, function with a standard VHS dinosaur.

I'd previously used a gadget called the ADS DVDXPressDX2 on my old XP system, which I had plugged in, installed, and up and capturing video from my old VHS bricks within fifteen minutes flat.  Unfortunately that company's been sold and the new owners have not seen fit to update anything for Windows 7.  The reason I mention it is because I keep banging my head against what I consider the King Of All Peeves:  Why is something so bonehead-basic as getting VHS bricks transformed into nice, tidy digital files so impossible for manufacturers to solve?  I guess you could call that a product development request.  

Now it's back to blowing the rest of my evening on wrestling with this mess.  

#5 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (TeflonHeretic @ Mar 28 2010, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's great: one flippant, smart-a** reply and one with the information we're looking for, for a net result of 50% customer service.  'Not exactly inspiring confidence here, Mr. Hardin.  

I bought this thing with the intention of using it with a system running Windows 7; when I get the software installed and try to set up a project, I find that the "Capture Device" field is blank, and that the "Easy VHS to DVD" software does not make mention of the acronym VHS anywhere within that software.  Which means I have to immediately start hoping that this isn't another one of those criminally-misnamed products that will only capture video from a digital camcorder or other digital device (a redundancy in any case,) and will not, in fact, function with a standard VHS dinosaur.

I'd previously used a gadget called the ADS DVDXPressDX2 on my old XP system, which I had plugged in, installed, and up and capturing video from my old VHS bricks within fifteen minutes flat.  Unfortunately that company's been sold and the new owners have not seen fit to update anything for Windows 7.  The reason I mention it is because I keep banging my head against what I consider the King Of All Peeves:  Why is something so bonehead-basic as getting VHS bricks transformed into nice, tidy digital files so impossible for manufacturers to solve?  I guess you could call that a product development request.  

Now it's back to blowing the rest of my evening on wrestling with this mess.

Since you posted in the Creator 2009 forum, I assume you have that program. You realize of course that C2009 is not compatible with Windows 7 and has not been certified for it.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#6 TeflonHeretic

TeflonHeretic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (myguggi @ Mar 28 2010, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since you posted in the Creator 2009 forum, I assume you have that program. You realize of course that C2009 is not compatible with Windows 7 and has not been certified for it.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'd just hit that brick wall, 'taking the product back for a refund.  Windows 7 has been installed in every PC sold since last fall, including this one - I can't believe that apparently every video capture device manufacturer has been caught flat-footed by an OS release Microsoft had been promoting for months prior to that.   All I want is for these massive boxes of VHS bricks to go away, and I can't seem to make it happen.

Edited by TeflonHeretic, 28 March 2010 - 08:20 PM.

#7 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,421 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

TeflonHeretic,

Creator 2009 was actually released around 3rd quarter 2008, well before Windows 7 arrived on the scene.

Creator 2010 has been out since about September 2009, so whomever is selling you Creator 2009, NOW, should definitely refund your money.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#8 Weegiecat

Weegiecat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

I had been using the easy VHS to DVD for a couple of months, but now the program does not find the USB  device.  I downloaded the updated drivers, ran the install wizard and the program still can't find the device.    Any suggestions?

#9 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,192 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Weegiecat @ Mar 30 2010, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had been using the easy VHS to DVD for a couple of months, but now the program does not find the USB  device.  I downloaded the updated drivers, ran the install wizard and the program still can't find the device.    Any suggestions?

It could have been smething that was installed that corrupted the drivers.  Read this to see if it helps.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#10 Weegiecat

Weegiecat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (sknis @ Mar 31 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It could have been smething that was installed that corrupted the drivers.  Read this to see if it helps.

Can the USB go bad?   Windows is giving me an error that the unknown USB device has failed and when I tried to reinstall from the original disk it says the device is not connected when it is ( the port works for other USBs)
Thanks

#11 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,823 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE (Weegiecat @ Mar 31 2010, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can the USB go bad?   Windows is giving me an error that the unknown USB device has failed and when I tried to reinstall from the original disk it says the device is not connected when it is ( the port works for other USBs)
Thanks

It's possible the device has failed, but first, I'd try plugging it into a different port, just to see if it's a port issue.
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users