Izzi Watson

Roxio Easy Vhs To Dvd Needs Driver

Question

I bought software online from Roxio a few days ago called VHS to DVD. In an effort to install everything and get it working, I need to update the Windows Vista USB 2861 driver. I have spent several hours trying to find it and install it without success. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance.

12 answers to this question

That's great: one flippant, smart-a** reply and one with the information we're looking for, for a net result of 50% customer service. 'Not exactly inspiring confidence here, Mr. Hardin.

I bought this thing with the intention of using it with a system running Windows 7; when I get the software installed and try to set up a project, I find that the "Capture Device" field is blank, and that the "Easy VHS to DVD" software does not make mention of the acronym VHS anywhere within that software. Which means I have to immediately start hoping that this isn't another one of those criminally-misnamed products that will only capture video from a digital camcorder or other digital device (a redundancy in any case,) and will not, in fact, function with a standard VHS dinosaur.

I'd previously used a gadget called the ADS DVDXPressDX2 on my old XP system, which I had plugged in, installed, and up and capturing video from my old VHS bricks within fifteen minutes flat. Unfortunately that company's been sold and the new owners have not seen fit to update anything for Windows 7. The reason I mention it is because I keep banging my head against what I consider the King Of All Peeves: Why is something so bonehead-basic as getting VHS bricks transformed into nice, tidy digital files so impossible for manufacturers to solve? I guess you could call that a product development request.

Now it's back to blowing the rest of my evening on wrestling with this mess.

That's great: one flippant, smart-a** reply and one with the information we're looking for, for a net result of 50% customer service. 'Not exactly inspiring confidence here, Mr. Hardin.

I bought this thing with the intention of using it with a system running Windows 7; when I get the software installed and try to set up a project, I find that the "Capture Device" field is blank, and that the "Easy VHS to DVD" software does not make mention of the acronym VHS anywhere within that software. Which means I have to immediately start hoping that this isn't another one of those criminally-misnamed products that will only capture video from a digital camcorder or other digital device (a redundancy in any case,) and will not, in fact, function with a standard VHS dinosaur.

I'd previously used a gadget called the ADS DVDXPressDX2 on my old XP system, which I had plugged in, installed, and up and capturing video from my old VHS bricks within fifteen minutes flat. Unfortunately that company's been sold and the new owners have not seen fit to update anything for Windows 7. The reason I mention it is because I keep banging my head against what I consider the King Of All Peeves: Why is something so bonehead-basic as getting VHS bricks transformed into nice, tidy digital files so impossible for manufacturers to solve? I guess you could call that a product development request.

Now it's back to blowing the rest of my evening on wrestling with this mess.

Since you posted in the Creator 2009 forum, I assume you have that program. You realize of course that C2009 is not compatible with Windows 7 and has not been certified for it.

Since you posted in the Creator 2009 forum, I assume you have that program. You realize of course that C2009 is not compatible with Windows 7 and has not been certified for it.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'd just hit that brick wall, 'taking the product back for a refund. Windows 7 has been installed in every PC sold since last fall, including this one - I can't believe that apparently every video capture device manufacturer has been caught flat-footed by an OS release Microsoft had been promoting for months prior to that. All I want is for these massive boxes of VHS bricks to go away, and I can't seem to make it happen.

Edited by TeflonHeretic

TeflonHeretic,

Creator 2009 was actually released around 3rd quarter 2008, well before Windows 7 arrived on the scene.

Creator 2010 has been out since about September 2009, so whomever is selling you Creator 2009, NOW, should definitely refund your money.

I had been using the easy VHS to DVD for a couple of months, but now the program does not find the USB device. I downloaded the updated drivers, ran the install wizard and the program still can't find the device. Any suggestions?

I had been using the easy VHS to DVD for a couple of months, but now the program does not find the USB device. I downloaded the updated drivers, ran the install wizard and the program still can't find the device. Any suggestions?

It could have been smething that was installed that corrupted the drivers. Read this to see if it helps.

It could have been smething that was installed that corrupted the drivers. Read this to see if it helps.

Can the USB go bad? Windows is giving me an error that the unknown USB device has failed and when I tried to reinstall from the original disk it says the device is not connected when it is ( the port works for other USBs)

Thanks

Can the USB go bad? Windows is giving me an error that the unknown USB device has failed and when I tried to reinstall from the original disk it says the device is not connected when it is ( the port works for other USBs)

Thanks

It's possible the device has failed, but first, I'd try plugging it into a different port, just to see if it's a port issue.

There isn't any driver listed for what I need here. How many more years do I have to work on this to see this program working?.

Wanna2, you've dredged up a 5+ year old thread, regarding a different product (Creator 2009) than you have (Easy VHS to DVD). The answer isn't here, it will be with your current thread. I understand that you've been working on this "forever," and you're very frustrated, but you only signed in here 2 days ago to ask for help. Give us some time to help you out. Don't panic.

Edited by d_deweywright
grammar correction...