• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bob42

bob42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:47 AM

Sonic will not run and the error says that it can't find the copy.msi file for RecordNow.  Sonic was supplied by Dell as OEM software and of course did not supply a disk.  My Dimension 3000 is way out of warranty and Dell is no help.  mad.gif  Sonic has served me well.  How can I get a copy of the missing copy.msi file?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Bob

#2 jonatsonic

jonatsonic

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Interests:I am the Community and Content Manager at Roxio. I'm not necessarily a tech, but can help you resolve issues, offer advice, and any suggestions for new KB articles are welcome.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (bob42 @ Jan 8 2009, 03:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sonic will not run and the error says that it can't find the copy.msi file for RecordNow.  Sonic was supplied by Dell as OEM software and of course did not supply a disk.  My Dimension 3000 is way out of warranty and Dell is no help.  mad.gif  Sonic has served me well.  How can I get a copy of the missing copy.msi file?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Bob

Hi Bob -

Unfortunatley the only way to fix this is through a clean install of the software. Past attempts to add the .msi file have proven dicey.

Since you don't have a copy of the installer, your next best bet is to see if Dell can provide a replacement installer for you.

Jon

#3 bob42

bob42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

Thanks Jon,

I have contacted Dell and they will not help.  Can you recommend a suitable replacement for Sonic?

Thanks, Bob

Edited by bob42, 08 January 2009 - 01:57 PM.

#4 firenhancer

firenhancer

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

While jonatsonic responds, you can browse here and find some a suitable product based on what functions you are looking in specific.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users