18 replies to this topic

#1 rony2

rony2

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:21 PM

Using MY DVD, I created several slide shows on a dual layer DVD. It playes fine on preview, and with Media Player. I created an iso file then copied to the DVD. When I put the DVD DL into my player several things happen.
The main menu doesn't play.
The menus titles show up beside numbers however you can't nevagate to them
The first show begins immediately upon inserting the DVD

Any ideas?
Ron

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:38 AM

Yep, your DVD player may not like home burned DL discs.  Take it to a friend's house or to an electronics store and see if it will play correctly. Typically if the disc plays properly on your computer, then it was burned correctly.  

View Postrfyoder, on Apr 24 2006, 08:21 PM, said:

Using MY DVD, I created several slide shows on a dual layer DVD. It playes fine on preview, and with Media Player. I created an iso file then copied to the DVD. When I put the DVD DL into my player several things happen.
The main menu doesn't play.
The menus titles show up beside numbers however you can't nevagate to them
The first show begins immediately upon inserting the DVD

Any ideas?
Ron

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 j66xypin

j66xypin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:32 PM

Hi, I have the same problem.. I have 3 kids and tons of pictures.. the reason I use the DL DVDs.. The encoding goes well with no error messages but then once it is finished the DVD  will not play on the computer nor a DVD player ( I have 3 players in the house and tried all of them)...
Please help ..
PS I also can't seem to adjust the audio to fade from one song to the next.. Please help.. Desperate mom.. Thanks! Julia
:)

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:27 AM

You are much better off starting a new thread than thread jacking this one.  Your problem is not the same.  
1) Music - in Video Wave (you are using that aren't you?) click on the icon that looks like a speaker and select fade in/out.  If you have the deluxe you have other options by double clicking on the music track.
2) Take your production from VideoWave into MyDVD and after you have done the menus, click on burn.  Now select create (iso) image file and uncheck the other options.  Let that iso file complete.  It is rendering the file only and not trying to burn it at that time.  When the file is completed, use Disc Copier to copy that iso file to the disc at somewhat less than max speed.
3) Make sure you have the latest updates for that DL burner.  What brand and model is it?
4) Personal opinion - single sided discs are very inexpensive compared to DL that you may want to reconsider using single layer to save those memories.  Remember the old admonition about putting all your eggs in one basket?  If you screw up one DL disc you lose a lot; screw up a single layer and you lose somewhat less.  Do you really think that anyone (including the grandparents) want to sit through 2 hours of pictures at one time with out getting up and walking around?  DL are great for video movies but I'm not sure of their value for slide shows.

View Postj66xypin, on Apr 25 2006, 09:32 PM, said:

Hi, I have the same problem.. I have 3 kids and tons of pictures.. the reason I use the DL DVDs.. The encoding goes well with no error messages but then once it is finished the DVD will not play on the computer nor a DVD player ( I have 3 players in the house and tried all of them)...
Please help ..
PS I also can't seem to adjust the audio to fade from one song to the next.. Please help.. Desperate mom.. Thanks! Julia
:)

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 j66xypin

j66xypin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:38 AM

View Postsknis, on Apr 26 2006, 03:27 AM, said:

You are much better off starting a new thread than thread jacking this one.  Your problem is not the same.  
1) Music - in Video Wave (you are using that aren't you?) click on the icon that looks like a speaker and select fade in/out.  If you have the deluxe you have other options by double clicking on the music track.
2) Take your production from VideoWave into MyDVD and after you have done the menus, click on burn.  Now select create (iso) image file and uncheck the other options.  Let that iso file complete.  It is rendering the file only and not trying to burn it at that time.  When the file is completed, use Disc Copier to copy that iso file to the disc at somewhat less than max speed.
3) Make sure you have the latest updates for that DL burner.  What brand and model is it?
4) Personal opinion - single sided discs are very inexpensive compared to DL that you may want to reconsider using single layer to save those memories.  Remember the old admonition about putting all your eggs in one basket?  If you screw up one DL disc you lose a lot; screw up a single layer and you lose somewhat less.  Do you really think that anyone (including the grandparents) want to sit through 2 hours of pictures at one time with out getting up and walking around?  DL are great for video movies but I'm not sure of their value for slide shows.
Hi, thanks for responding.. I do really want to have all the pictures on one disc ( about 200 pictures of different events in a 3 month period... like school events: Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Honor Roll Ceremony ETC).. And the total amount of play time is only about 30 minutes. What happens is that the encoding goes all the way through, then it says complete.. So then I take the disc out and put it in my DVD player and nothing happens.. It won't even play in my computer.. I have a Dell 9100 Intell Pentium D 830 ( 3 GHZ) with Dual Core Tech. 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM @ 533 MHz.. 16X DVD-ROM and 16X DVD +/- RW... 256MB ATI Hyper Memory PCI-Express X16 (DVI/VGA/TV out) Radeon X600 SE  computer and also a 200 GB external hard-drive.. The drivers are all up to date.
Would it make a difference if I created lets say 3 menus with 50 picture slide shows in each then add them to MYDVD?  That way it won't be so boring as you said to sit through all the pictures and whomever views it can see each event at a different time...  I actually have made a DL DVD before and it worked o.k. not spectacular as I would of liked ( the music would fade in the wrong places for example).. But now I've wasted 5 DL DVD and they are useless since I can't burn on them again...
As per your sponse to the Fade out/in feature.... I have done what yoou had suggested in the past but it fades the music either from the beginning or in the middle or it lowers the entire volumen of the whole track.. Is there another way to have the music fade out for the next song to begin? Thanks again..Julia

Edited by j66xypin, 26 April 2006 - 10:41 AM.

#6 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,994 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:23 AM

View Postj66xypin, on Apr 26 2006, 02:38 PM, said:

Hi, thanks for responding.. I do really want to have all the pictures on one disc ( about 200 pictures of different events in a 3 month period... like school events: Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Honor Roll Ceremony ETC).. And the total amount of play time is only about 30 minutes. What happens is that the encoding goes all the way through, then it says complete.. So then I take the disc out and put it in my DVD player and nothing happens.. It won't even play in my computer.. I have a Dell 9100 Intell Pentium D 830 ( 3 GHZ) with Dual Core Tech. 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM @ 533 MHz.. 16X DVD-ROM and 16X DVD +/- RW... 256MB ATI Hyper Memory PCI-Express X16 (DVI/VGA/TV out) Radeon X600 SE  computer and also a 200 GB external hard-drive.. The drivers are all up to date.
Would it make a difference if I created lets say 3 menus with 50 picture slide shows in each then add them to MYDVD?  That way it won't be so boring as you said to sit through all the pictures and whomever views it can see each event at a different time...  I actually have made a DL DVD before and it worked o.k. not spectacular as I would of liked ( the music would fade in the wrong places for example).. But now I've wasted 5 DL DVD and they are useless since I can't burn on them again...
As per your sponse to the Fade out/in feature.... I have done what yoou had suggested in the past but it fades the music either from the beginning or in the middle or it lowers the entire volumen of the whole track.. Is there another way to have the music fade out for the next song to begin? Thanks again..Julia
Why are you using a DL disc? If your total playing time is only 30 minutes then you are basically wasting 90 minutes of available time on those DL DVDs. You cannot add more video to that DL later on.
I would also definitely divide up your slideshow into differnt "themes" with a title for each theme which the user can select from the main menu.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#7 rony2

rony2

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:17 PM

I burned a second DVD from the same iso file. This one won't play anything! This one also plays well on my PC

Ron

View Postmyguggi, on Apr 26 2006, 11:23 AM, said:

Why are you using a DL disc? If your total playing time is only 30 minutes then you are basically wasting 90 minutes of available time on those DL DVDs. You cannot add more video to that DL later on.
I would also definitely divide up your slideshow into differnt "themes" with a title for each theme which the user can select from the main menu.

Edited by rfyoder, 26 April 2006 - 06:18 PM.

#8 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,994 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:41 PM

View Postrfyoder, on Apr 26 2006, 10:17 PM, said:

I burned a second DVD from the same iso file. This one won't play anything! This one also plays well on my PC

Ron
If it plays on your PC then there is nothing wrong with the burn and the problem is between the DVD media and your stand-alone player.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
SoundMAX Digital Audio
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit

#9 j66xypin

j66xypin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 08:21 PM

Hi, I use the DL DVD because that is the only way that the pictures will fit. I tried using the 4.5 GB DVD but I get the red line at the bottom indicating I went over the disc size..And yes the total time is only about 30 min to 45 min max...( That's what the Timeline says anyway).
I made another DL DVD using different "episodes") and it crashed on me 3 times just adjusting either the transistions or tadding tracks and then the same thing happened as before.. The Encoding Preview went fine all the way to the finish.. it said complete but the DVD didn't work.. Now I'm out of another DL DVD.. Isn't there a way to have all of my pics I want on one DVD? Please Help me.. Thanks, JUlia

View Postmyguggi, on Apr 26 2006, 12:23 PM, said:

Hi, I use the DL DVD because that is the only way that the pictures will fit. I tried using the 4.5 GB DVD but I get the red line at the bottom indicating I went over the disc size..And yes the total time is only about 30 min to 45 min max...( That's what the Timeline says anyway).
I made another DL DVD using different "episodes") and it crashed on me 3 times just adjusting either the transistions or tadding tracks and then the same thing happened as before.. The Encoding Preview went fine all the way to the finish.. it said complete but the DVD didn't work.. Now I'm out of another DL DVD.. Isn't there a way to have all of my pics I want on one DVD? Please Help me.. Thanks, Julia

#10 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 03:57 AM

For j66:
Still doesn't make sense.  I have made slide shows with hundreds of pictures, transitions, effects and music and have not filled a full single layer DVD.  The only thing that would cause the disc to be that full is if you are archiving the images on the disc at the same time and if they are very high resolution.  But I still doubt that the disc will be full.  Are you adding any videos?

Please post your burner specifications - manufacturer, model and firmware number.  You can go to Tools/Disc Information, select your burner and post the details you see.

For Ron:
Agreed, the problem is the player with that media.  Take the disc to a friends house and see if it will play there.  Better still take it to an electronics store and see if it will play on one of the ones they have there.  

Sorry about the two conversations going on at the same time.

For J66:  This is why it is better to start a new thread rather than to have someone thread-jack.  If I knew it was possible to split a thread, I would do so.  Please j66, don't do this again.  In fact, Please start a new thread and then just reference this one so we can keep the answers separate and addressed to the right person.

View Postmyguggi, on Apr 26 2006, 10:41 PM, said:

If it plays on your PC then there is nothing wrong with the burn and the problem is between the DVD media and your stand-alone player.

Edited by sknis, 27 April 2006 - 04:00 AM.

PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

#11 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,994 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:27 AM

View Postj66xypin, on Apr 27 2006, 12:21 AM, said:

I made another DL DVD using different "episodes") and it crashed on me 3 times just adjusting either the transistions or tadding tracks and then the same thing happened as before.. The Encoding Preview went fine all the way to the finish.. it said complete but the DVD didn't work.. Now I'm out of another DL DVD.. Isn't there a way to have all of my pics I want on one DVD? Please Help me.. Thanks, JUlia
I made another DL DVD using different "episodes") and it crashed on me 3 times just adjusting either the transistions or tadding tracks and then the same thing happened as before.. The Encoding Preview went fine all the way to the finish.. it said complete but the DVD didn't work.. Now I'm out of another DL DVD.. Isn't there a way to have all of my pics I want on one DVD? Please Help me.. Thanks, Julia

j66xypin,
Please start a new thread and give a detailed description of what you are doing. At the moment I am confused because a 30 to 40 minute slideshow will fit on a 4.7GB DVD without any problems. If you are including the actual images on the disc then then you will of course require more disc space.

Walt

SoundMAX Digital Audio

#12 j66xypin

j66xypin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:40 PM

View Postsknis, on Apr 27 2006, 04:57 AM, said:

For j66:
Still doesn't make sense.  I have made slide shows with hundreds of pictures, transitions, effects and music and have not filled a full single layer DVD.  The only thing that would cause the disc to be that full is if you are archiving the images on the disc at the same time and if they are very high resolution.  But I still doubt that the disc will be full.  Are you adding any videos?

Please post your burner specifications - manufacturer, model and firmware number.  You can go to Tools/Disc Information, select your burner and post the details you see.

For Ron:
Agreed, the problem is the player with that media.  Take the disc to a friends house and see if it will play there.  Better still take it to an electronics store and see if it will play on one of the ones they have there.  

Sorry about the two conversations going on at the same time.

For J66:  This is why it is better to start a new thread rather than to have someone thread-jack.  If I knew it was possible to split a thread, I would do so.  Please j66, don't do this again.  In fact, Please start a new thread and then just reference this one so we can keep the answers separate and addressed to the right person.
Hi, sorry for responding in this way, but I have no idea how to create a new thread... Sorry for my incompetence... From what window do I find tools/disc info? I clicked on my computer and clicked on properties of each drive... Came up with the following...
Philips DVD+R DVD 8701 Provider Oak Technologies...
TSST Corp DVD-Rom TS - H352C..
The firmware I don't know where to find.. Again I apoligize for not knowing how to communicate properly.. I wasn't coached in this.. Thanks again.Julia

View Postmyguggi, on Apr 27 2006, 09:27 AM, said:

j66xypin,
Please start a new thread and give a detailed description of what you are doing. At the moment I am confused because a 30 to 40 minute slideshow will fit on a 4.7GB DVD without any problems. If you are including the actual images on the disc then then you will of course require more disc space.
Hi, sorry for responding in this way, but I have no idea how to create a new thread... Sorry for my incompetence... From what window do I find tools/disc info? I clicked on my computer and clicked on properties of each drive... Came up with the following...
The firmware I don't know where to find.. Again I apoligize for not knowing how to communicate properly.. I wasn't coached in this..
I do in fact save the images on the DVD since I give the DVDs out to other parents and this way they can always print the pictures up if they want to... A lot of parents can't attend all of the school events so I take the pictures and give them the DVD with their kid's pictures on them along with the event itself.. I made 60 DVD for XMAS presents ( I have 3 kids each class has 20 kids) for all the parents... The DVDs came out fine I didn't have that many pictures on them since it was only pictures of 1st day of school,Halloween and Thanksgiving... The pictures fit o.k. on the 4,5GB DVD.. But, now I have more pictures and they will not fit on the 4.5GB so that is why I wanted to use the 8.5GB... Hope to hear from you soon....  Thanks again.Julia

#13 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,617 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 01:50 PM

View Postj66xypin, on Apr 27 2006, 03:40 PM, said:

The firmware I don't know where to find.. Again I apoligize for not knowing how to communicate properly.. I wasn't coached in this.. Thanks again.
Julia

It is real easy to start a new thread.  In the upper right hand corner, at the top of this thread, is a button labeled New Topic.  You click on that, and you will be creating your own thread.

Edited by grandpabruce, 27 April 2006 - 01:51 PM.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#14 j66xypin

j66xypin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:31 PM

View Postgrandpabruce, on Apr 27 2006, 02:50 PM, said:

It is real easy to start a new thread.  In the upper right hand corner, at the top of this thread, is a button labeled New Topic.  You click on that, and you will be creating your own thread.
THANK YOU.. I appreciate it.. Julia

#15 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,617 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:35 PM

View Postj66xypin, on Apr 27 2006, 05:31 PM, said:

You are welcome.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#16 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:17 PM

Julia,  Looks like there were a lot of problems with that drive.  Go here if you bought it as a Dell system.  I didn't see any fixes; just complaints.  You may want to contact Dell and tell them about your problems and see if they will replace it.  Without knowing your computer model, I can't see if there is new firmware available for that drive.

View Postj66xypin, on Apr 27 2006, 05:31 PM, said:

PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

#17 j66xypin

j66xypin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:53 PM

View Postsknis, on Apr 27 2006, 05:17 PM, said:

Julia,  Looks like there were a lot of problems with that drive.  Go here if you bought it as a Dell system.  I didn't see any fixes; just complaints.  You may want to contact Dell and tell them about your problems and see if they will replace it.  Without knowing your computer model, I can't see if there is new firmware available for that drive.
Hi, it's: a Dell 9100 Intell Pentium D 830 ( 3 GHZ) with Dual Core Tech. 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM @ 533 MHz.. 16X DVD-ROM and 16X DVD +/- RW... 256MB ATI Hyper Memory PCI-Express X16 (DVI/VGA/TV out) Radeon X600 SE computer and also a 200 GB external hard-drive. I hope this information helps.. Thanks for all your help so far.. Julia.

#18 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:31 PM

Do you  have the full version of MyDVD or are you using the one that came with the computer?  On of the posts I found said that the version on the computer will not burn to a DL disc.  I'm not sure if that is correwct but it was posted by someone who talked to Dell.

Go to this page and see if there are any firmware updates to that burner. Just a suggestion, get in touch with Dell, they are pretty good and give them the information that the drive will not burn DL discs so they can be read. They may have an instant solution or may send you a replacement drive. I did not see your drive in the list of equipment, that's why you may need to contact Dell.

View Postj66xypin, on Apr 27 2006, 07:53 PM, said:

Hi, it's: a Dell 9100 Intell Pentium D 830 ( 3 GHZ) with Dual Core Tech. 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM @ 533 MHz.. 16X DVD-ROM and 16X DVD +/- RW... 256MB ATI Hyper Memory PCI-Express X16 (DVI/VGA/TV out) Radeon X600 SE computer and also a 200 GB external hard-drive. I hope this information helps.. Thanks for all your help so far.. Julia.

Edited by sknis, 28 April 2006 - 01:37 PM.

PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

#19 j66xypin

j66xypin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:52 PM

View Postsknis, on Apr 28 2006, 02:31 PM, said:

Do you  have the full version of MyDVD or are you using the one that came with the computer?  On of the posts I found said that the version on the computer will not burn to a DL disc.  I'm not sure if that is correwct but it was posted by someone who talked to Dell.

Go to this page and see if there are any firmware updates to that burner. Just a suggestion, get in touch with Dell, they are pretty good and give them the information that the drive will not burn DL discs so they can be read. They may have an instant solution or may send you a replacement drive. I did not see your drive in the list of equipment, that's why you may need to contact Dell.
Hi.. I have the full version.. I first purchased the 7.5 then the 8 came out,so I bought that one..
My drives are the following...

Now I have another problem that isn't related to Roxio, but you would problably know how to fix it..,,
I can't open add/remove programs.. I have Windows XP and I've been trying for the last 2 hours to resolve the problem and can't.. Then the system just freezes on me... I checked for viruses and it doen't appear to have any.. I have Norton Internet Security antivirus.... I'm also trying to contact Dell... I just purchased this system in Aug.05 could I have already destroyed it??  Hope you can help. Thanks! Julia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users