Sign in to follow this  
dorich

Only See Tivo On One Mac

Question

I'm looking for possible cause as to why a second mac cannot see my TiVo.

The basic setup that works as expected consists of an iMac with wireless connection to an airport extreme base station.

A second mac, a G4 MDD, has a wired ethernet connection to the iMac.

TiVo To Go on the G4 does not show the TiVo unit on the network, hence I can't do any direct transfers. Both the computers can see each other and do file transfers without any difficulties.

I ran through the setup process on the G4 and check the box to "Enable TiVo Transfers". Note that if I repeat the set up process the box is unchecked when the process is repeated. I seem to recall that when this box was checked originally it remained checked if you repeated the set up process.

I reinstalled the software on the G4 and upgraded back to 8.0.4

Any suggestions as to why the G4 can't see the tivo unit and how to resolve the problem?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

I'm looking for possible cause as to why a second mac cannot see my TiVo.

I reinstalled the software on the G4 and upgraded back to 8.0.4

Does anyone have the download of Roxio Toast 8.0.4 or 8.0.5? Roxio's site doesn't have it (since they released Toast 10?) and I haven't gotten any help from their support system. I have a Toast 8 license and am running 8.0.1 on a Dual G5 Mac Pro with OS X 10.4.11. I have started having the problem of not seeing my DVR show up in the Tivo Transfer window. Not sure if the problem is related to a Tivo 2008 Fall Season update or if it's related to the Tivo Desktop conflicting (it doesn't work either).

Any help with this is appreciated.

Edited by gee*virus

Does anyone have the download of Roxio Toast 8.0.4 or 8.0.5? Roxio's site doesn't have it (since they released Toast 10?) and I haven't gotten any help from their support system. I have a Toast 8 license and am running 8.0.1 on a Dual G5 Mac Pro with OS X 10.4.11. I have started having the problem of not seeing my DVR show up in the Tivo Transfer window. Not sure if the problem is related to a Tivo 2008 Fall Season update or if it's related to the Tivo Desktop conflicting (it doesn't work either).

Any help with this is appreciated.

The Toast 8.05 update is on their Toast update page:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toast/software_updates.html