14 replies to this topic

#1 krd111

krd111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

Hi,
Can anyone give me a link to the 6.1.1 updater?  I can't find it anywhere on the roxio site, but I've seen enough references to it to know it exists.  Thanks!

Kristen

#2 dcarlsen1950

dcarlsen1950

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (krd111 @ Jan 28 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,
Can anyone give me a link to the 6.1.1 updater?  I can't find it anywhere on the roxio site, but I've seen enough references to it to know it exists.  Thanks!

Kristen

Did you ever get an answer to this?  I just installed Toast 6 on a brand new hard drive, but can't find a way to get the updates either.  If I recall correctly, the updates helped both Toast and Spin Doctor stability issues.

Dave

#3 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,225 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (dcarlsen1950 @ Mar 3 2009, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you ever get an answer to this?  I just installed Toast 6 on a brand new hard drive, but can't find a way to get the updates either.  If I recall correctly, the updates helped both Toast and Spin Doctor stability issues.

Dave

Apparently Roxio no longer provides that update. If you have a friend that has this version of Toast or if you have it on a backup disc somewhere the Toast 6.1.1 is the complete application and not just an updater, so you can use that copy on your Mac with your registration key.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#4 toast6

toast6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:37 AM

I found the 6.1.1 updater still available on the Roxio Australia website:

http://www.roxio.com.au/ena/support/toast/...re_updates.html

(You have to register an account, and just to be safe, set your location as Australia.)

#5 steve zavodny

steve zavodny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (toast6 @ Mar 24 2009, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(You have to register an account, and just to be safe, set your location as Australia.)

hmm, when I try this it asks for log in.  I AM logged in.
When I try to log in, says invalid.

Will Titanium 6 work on Intel Mac OSX.5.7?

#6 Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (toast6 @ Mar 24 2009, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. That worked just fine for me.

#7 Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (steve zavodny @ Jul 10 2009, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will Titanium 6 work on Intel Mac OSX.5.7?

Yes. MacBook Pro 5,3 OS 10.5.8. Now Toast 6.1.1.

#8 Johan S

Johan S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:47 AM

I got the update, and now it works with my MacBookPro5,5 (OS 10.6.2), but
with my EXTERNAL Burner ONLY.

Toast doesn't recognize the built in superdrive as a DVD burner. It can read and copy from it.
This is a bit anoying, anybody know of a fix for this issue?

#9 firenhancer

firenhancer

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (Johan S @ Mar 3 2010, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Toast doesn't recognize the built in superdrive as a DVD burner. It can read and copy from it.

1. You are replying to an 8 month old thread
2. Are you able to burn using Apple Burning or iTunes using superdrive?

#10 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,225 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Johan S @ Mar 3 2010, 03:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That just may be the way it is with that version of Toast and the new SATA SuperDrives. Just guessing because I don't know.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#11 Johan S

Johan S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (firenhancer @ Mar 3 2010, 05:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. You are replying to an 8 month old thread
2. Are you able to burn using Apple Burning or iTunes using superdrive?

1. Yes, I thought people might like to know, since the thread already helped me about 2 months ago.
2. Yes, but it lacks some of the functionality I'm used to in Toast 6.

#12 Totusek

Totusek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:14 AM

The links are broken; Clicking on any of the links at:

Update Your Software Support > Toast > Software Updates Toast 6.x Updates
http://www.roxio.com..._updatesv6.html

including "Tips for working with Toast updates", any of the "download" links, etc. simply gives

http://www.roxio.com...updatesv6.html#

in my Safari or Firefox (this is including with having any block pop-up windows unchecked, and having firewalls temporarily turned off, as has been suggested in these forums).

I have for the past two decades (including in the past 11 years as a volunteer, as part of my local Mac User Group aka MUG), helped seniors, students, and low-income families - many of whom are on fixed incomes (especially the seniors) with older computers (often G3 and G4 PowerPC machines) - including helping them when they have replaced a hard drive, and need help re-installing and updating softwares on Classic Mac booting machines, and/or earlier dual-booting OS X/Mac OS 9.2.x booting PowerPC machines.

I'm now sometimes at a loss, on how to help those with Classic-booting or dual-booting PowerPC machines re-update Toast Titanium v5.0 to Toast Titanium v5.0.2, etc., or those with G3 CPU PowerPC machines running Panther, re-update Toast Titanium v6.0.x, or Toast 6.1 to Toast Titanium v6.1.1 (via the Toast Titanium 6 Updater 6.1.1), or to help those with older versions of G4 PowerPC CPU machines (the 350 MHz through 1 GHz models) re-update Toast Titanium 7, etc.

In particular. telling the seniors on fixed incomes "to go buy new computers", when they are struggling with healthcare and/or other issues, isn't a reality in the U.S. -  where the majority of the population is now over 65, and the economy and unemployment are now in worse shape than during the 1929 - 1939 Great Depression *.

I really wish that Roxio would repost ALL the older Adaptec and Roxio legacy updaters for download (that they used to have posted), and go ahead and state that while there isn't any official technical support for these products, that any and all such support is now volunteer community-based, that users may still download them (like many other companies have with their older softwares for Classic and/or OS X PowerPC Macintoshes).

* with recent reports also indicating that the U.S. government may be as much as 62 trillion dollars in international debts - including because of the multiple wars and occupations of choice of the past decade, the massive handouts to the banks and Wall Street in 2008, the massive tax cuts and welfare for the ultra-rich, and the past 3 decades of having so much of the U.S. domestic manufacturing infrastructures being closed and torn down. The U.S "official" unemployment rate is at 9.1 percent. 6.2 + million Americans - 45 percent of the unemployed - have been jobless for more than six months, a higher percentage than during the Great Depression. Among the 18 to 28 age range, unemployment is at 37 percent, and it's at 50 to 60 percent in the inner cities. A June 2011 report released by the McKinsey Global Institute (Summary: http://www.mckinsey....xec_summary.pdf - Full Report: http://www.mckinsey....full_report.pdf) estimates that the U.S. will likely continue facing high unemployment until at least 2020.

#13 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,225 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

View PostTotusek, on 10 June 2011 - 10:14 AM, said:

I really wish that Roxio would repost ALL the older Adaptec and Roxio legacy updaters for download (that they used to have posted), and go ahead and state that while there isn't any official technical support for these products, that any and all such support is now volunteer community-based, that users may still download them (like many other companies have with their older softwares for Classic and/or OS X PowerPC Macintoshes).
I agree it would be nice if Roxio continued to post the last update for each version of Toast. I do wonder how often you find a recipient for one of those computers who happens to have a Toast license so it can be installed in the first place. Then there was the misery of extension conflicts that kept Toast from working in OS 9 and earlier. What a headache! Apple included its own disc-burning software starting with OS 9.1 (or was it 8.6?) so that's often the best way to go. Meanwhile, maybe some of the MUG users have the older updates on a backup disc burned when those were issued.

You may recall that things got really weird with Toast 5. When it first came out it didn't run on OS X but an updater did enable use in OSX. The installer, however, required booting into OS 9. Macs that couldn't boot OS 9 couldn't install Toast 5 unless they bought a special OS X install disc from Roxio. I've never seen one of those discs.

#14 vid

vid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:12 AM

I have had Toast 6 for quite some years now and used it successfully with 3 different Macs, 2 days ago I bought a new iMac with 10.7 and now find I can't use Toast 6, anyone go a "work around" for this please?

#15 cre8

cre8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

View Postvid, on 25 June 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

I have had Toast 6 for quite some years now and used it successfully with 3 different Macs, 2 days ago I bought a new iMac with 10.7 and now find I can't use Toast 6, anyone go a "work around" for this please?

I have the same situation as Vid.
I have new iMac with 10.8.5 mountain lion. Can I use Toast 6 on this mac and upgrade it to latest v.6.1.1?
Is it possible?
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users