Flying Guy

How To Copy A Dvd To A Flash Drive?

Question

I want to copy a couple of DVD training disks to some 8 GIG flash drives I bought today. I thought it would be easy but I can't find anything in Roxio 2009 that seems to do this. I also Googled it with no luck unless you want to spend $50 with some other outfit. Seems like it should be easy and available within Roxio 2009.

Can anybody give me some ideas here?

Thanks - Bruce in Malaysia

3 answers to this question

I want to copy a couple of DVD training disks to some 8 GIG flash drives I bought today. I thought it would be easy but I can't find anything in Roxio 2009 that seems to do this. I also Googled it with no luck unless you want to spend $50 with some other outfit. Seems like it should be easy and available within Roxio 2009.

Well, it's hard to know exactly what you want to do. If all you want is the file structure of the DVD, you can simply use Windows Explorer to drag the contents of the disc to the flash drive. If the discs don't have CSS encryption, then you should be able to open it with something like VLC.

Or, again assuming they aren't encrypted, you could use Media Import in Creator 2009 and set the destination to be the Flash drive.

If these are commercially produced DVDs with CSS encryption, then none of the Roxio products will help you to circumvent that.

Does that help?

Also realize that if you are having trouble transferring more than 4 gb to your flashdrive, it will likely need to need to be reformatted to NTFS.

Yep, just needed to copy using explorer. Thanks. Sometimes I just over complicate a simple task, LOL. And that is a good tip about the NTFS as well.

Bruce