cadolfan

Long Play Vs. High Quality

Question

I was just wondering how much quality difference there is between Long Play and High Quality when you burn a DVD. I'm running up against trying to avoid using dl dvd. I obviously can burn more if I reduce the quality to EP or LP.

4 answers to this question

I was just wondering how much quality difference there is between Long Play and High Quality when you burn a DVD. I'm running up against trying to avoid using dl dvd. I obviously can burn more if I reduce the quality to EP or LP.

There is a huge difference. How long, timewise, is your production? Depending on the length of time, you can burn it to an image (.iso) file, or a Folder Set, then burn it to a standard 4.7GB DVD, using Video Copy and Convert, even if it is over an hour long.

There is a huge difference. How long, timewise, is your production? Depending on the length of time, you can burn it to an image (.iso) file, or a Folder Set, then burn it to a standard 4.7GB DVD, using Video Copy and Convert, even if it is over an hour long.

thanks grandpabruce. i'll try that. thanks.

roxio.jpg

I think I'm going to have to burn a dual layer dvd. it's over 8.5. Do you think I should still burn an .iso file and then burn to 8.5GB DVD.

I think I'm going to have to burn a dual layer dvd. it's over 8.5. Do you think I should still burn an .iso file and then burn to 8.5GB DVD.

Is the production over 1 hour in length? If it is less than 1-1/2 hours, you could try a standard DVD to see what the quality looks like to you.

If it is greater than 1-1/2 hours, I would use a DL disc.