paverman

Burning Movies

I have created and saved 2 movies with the "movie maker" but when I try to burn them to a CD the "burn" button will not activate. Only if I click on "save to file" will the burn button activate. How do I burn a movie to a CD?

I have created and saved 2 movies with the "movie maker" but when I try to burn them to a CD the "burn" button will not activate. Only if I click on "save to file" will the burn button activate. How do I burn a movie to a CD?

What does this have to do with Roxio? Movie Maker is a Microsoft product.

Are you referring to the Dell OEM product called Videowave Movie Creator? If not then like Bruce says, we have no idea what "movie maker" you are talking about.

BTW, are you trying to burn your movie to a CD or a DVD?

Are you referring to the Dell OEM product called Videowave Movie Creator? If not then like Bruce says, we have no idea what "movie maker" you are talking about.

BTW, are you trying to burn your movie to a CD or a DVD?

Yes I mean the Videowave Movie Creator. Sorry about wrong terminoligy.

Guest ml
Yes I mean the Videowave Movie Creator. Sorry about wrong terminoligy.

For the other gurus...... VideoWave Movie Creator was also sold as a standalone version. The Dell version had a slightly different name ( which escapes me at the moment.)

I've still got VW Movie Creator installed on one of my computers so I just fired it up to see what's possible with the program.

Unfortunately, you can't separately burn two movies to one CD/DVD using VideoWave.

HOWEVER, you can use the Storyline Editor to edit one movie, then prepare it (render) as if you were going to put it on a DVD (an mpeg2 file) or take it back to a DV camcorder ( DV AVI file).

THEN combine the first movie on a new Storyline Editor with the second movie. You're going to end up with only one movie on the CD/DVD.

Remember that you're only going to get about one hour onto a DVD or much less with a DVD on CD.

Hope that helps.

Edited by ml