• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Tona

Tona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:29 PM

I keep receiving a Notification saying "Roxio stopped working" every time I try to execute this program. I reinstall it using Recovery Manager but the problem continues. Could someone tell me how to proceed?

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,798 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (Tona @ Feb 12 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I keep receiving a Notification saying "Roxio stopped working" every time I try to execute this program. I reinstall it using Recovery Manager but the problem continues. Could someone tell me how to proceed?

Did it ever work? What are you system specs? Where did you get it?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 Tona

Tona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Tona @ Feb 12 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. It worked. I made a few audio CDs. The program came with my Laptop.

#4 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,798 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Tona @ Feb 12 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. It worked. I made a few audio CDs. The program came with my Laptop.

What are your system specs?
The program you have is a very basic version of EMC 9 (I would think) with many of the features of the full, retail version crippled.

Do you get the message whenever you launch the "suite" or only for a particular program? If for a specific task, which one?
Until you give some details on what you are doing we cannot help

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
SoundMAX Digital Audio
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit

#5 Tona

Tona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

[quote name='Tona' date='Feb 12 2009, 03:29 PM' post='257102']
[/quot

HP Presario C500 Intel Celeron M CPU   440 @ 1.86 GHz  1.86 GHz
RAM  512 MB
32-bit  OS

Windows Vista  Home Basic

Yes I get the notification every time I launch it. At the moment it is loading. It only gets to the point where you can see the interface. No further.

#6 Tona

Tona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

I've already done it. It didn't work.

#7 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,798 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Tona @ Feb 12 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HP Presario C500 Intel Celeron M CPU   440 @ 1.86 GHz  1.86 GHz
RAM  512 MB
32-bit  OS

Windows Vista  Home Basic

Yes I get the notification every time I launch it. At the moment it is loading. It only gets to the point where you can see the interface. No further.

I don't think your system is able to run the program. I don't even know how it is able to run Vista Basic with only 512MB of RAM.

Walt

SoundMAX Digital Audio

#8 Tona

Tona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (myguggi @ Feb 12 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think your system is able to run the program. I don't even know how it is able to run Vista Basic with only 512MB of RAM.

Thank you "myguggi" for your replies. As I stated before, I was able to burn some audio CDs even with this low RAM.
Should I was to increase it, would that solve the problem?
Would it only be a starter?
Could you tell me which are the minimum requirements to run a Roxio suite, along with Vista?
Thanks again.

#9 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,541 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Tona @ Feb 12 2009, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you "myguggi" for your replies. As I stated before, I was able to burn some audio CDs even with this low RAM.
Should I was to increase it, would that solve the problem?
Would it only be a starter?
Could you tell me which are the minimum requirements to run a Roxio suite, along with Vista?
Thanks again.

Since you have an OEM version of the software from your computer manufacture, you might want to see what their minimum requirements are.

You should have no problems with audio and perhaps slide shows but video will take a very long time to process.

Did you ever run a registry cleaner on your computer?  Perhaps something like Norton one touch (or button or whatever the name is ?  Do you have a copy of the disc that came with the computer?  If so, you may want to do a thorough uninstall of the program and reinstall it.

Revo uninstaller is free and does a great job but it may not do everything.  Try that first and then reinstall.  Let us know how that works out for you.  When you uninstall the program, use the setting one less than the most stringent.  I don't remember what that setting is but you'll see it when you run it (step 2).
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#10 Tona

Tona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (sknis @ Feb 13 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since you have an OEM version of the software from your computer manufacture, you might want to see what their minimum requirements are.

You should have no problems with audio and perhaps slide shows but video will take a very long time to process.

Did you ever run a registry cleaner on your computer?  Perhaps something like Norton one touch (or button or whatever the name is ?  Do you have a copy of the disc that came with the computer?  If so, you may want to do a thorough uninstall of the program and reinstall it.

Revo uninstaller is free and does a great job but it may not do everything.  Try that first and then reinstall.  Let us know how that works out for you.  When you uninstall the program, use the setting one less than the most stringent.  I don't remember what that setting is but you'll see it when you run it (step 2).

Thank You "sknis". While waiting for a reply to my last post I decided to try one more time and Roxio was launched (It didn't stop working) but I found that some of the features shown in the control panel would not work. The non working features (Audio among them) ask for an update but when I try to go further all I get is an advertisment of Roxio 2009.
So I went to HP and they gave me the info to download and install the needed Update saying that surely this would solve the issue.
I then proceeded to download but it could not be installed. It shows Error 3030 GoTo label not found.

After this I see your post and I'd like to ask for your advise. Should I go ahead and try to solve this Error issue and see what happens?, or run the cleaner first and install the Update afterwards. Thank again.

#11 Tona

Tona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (sknis @ Feb 13 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have uninstalled using Revo and when trying to reinstall I get the message "The certificate file is missing or has been corrupted. Please re-install it" . How should I proceed?

#12 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,541 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Tona @ Feb 16 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have uninstalled using Revo and when trying to reinstall I get the message "The certificate file is missing or has been corrupted. Please re-install it" . How should I proceed?

You may have to do the full (uninstall)/install here.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#13 Tona

Tona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (sknis @ Feb 16 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You may have to do the full (uninstall)/install here.

Many thanks to all of you who took real interest in helping to resolve this issue.

Roxio is working again. I used Recovery Manager and then System Restore to bring PC to it's  original manufacturer conditions. I am not shure if it was the best, fastest, etc. way, but the problem was solved, which was my main concern.

Only a personal comment on the side: People who turn to a Forum like this are people looking for help, and it can be very disappointing to receive disqualifications instead of the expected support. That, I truly believe, is something some of the experienced members of the Forum should always keep in mind. So please,  be pro-positive!!!!!!

Thanks again and good luck to all.

#14 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,798 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Tona @ Mar 11 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Many thanks to all of you who took real interest in helping to resolve this issue.

Roxio is working again. I used Recovery Manager and then System Restore to bring PC to it's  original manufacturer conditions. I am not shure if it was the best, fastest, etc. way, but the problem was solved, which was my main concern.

Only a personal comment on the side: People who turn to a Forum like this are people looking for help, and it can be very disappointing to receive disqualifications instead of the expected support. That, I truly believe, is something some of the experienced members of the Forum should always keep in mind. So please,  be pro-positive!!!!!!

Thanks again and good luck to all.

I am glad you got things working again smile.gif

I don't understand your personal comment though: "it can be very disappointing to receive disqualifications instead of the expected support" unsure.gif

Walt

SoundMAX Digital Audio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users