alaska49er

Roxio Creator Xe

Question

Purchased the video capture device from Roxio, installed the software, hooked up the device and I am unable to capture the video from my camera. On the monitor screen in the program, all that I can see is a very distorted video image with color and terrible sound. I have been talking to Roxio support and have done what they recommended but to no avail. On one computer, I am unable at all to capture video. On the second computer, the video is also distorted and the signal is not detected or it will say protected. I thought it would be very simple to capture and edit my old vHS-C tapes through the capture device but was I very wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

computer 2: Processor Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Processor Speed 2.34 GHz

Memory (RAM) 4096 MB

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Operating System Version 5.1.2600

computer 1: is nearly identical but has one half the RAM

5 answers to this question

Purchased the video capture device from Roxio, installed the software, hooked up the device and I am unable to capture the video from my camera. On the monitor screen in the program, all that I can see is a very distorted video image with color and terrible sound. I have been talking to Roxio support and have done what they recommended but to no avail. On one computer, I am unable at all to capture video. On the second computer, the video is also distorted and the signal is not detected or it will say protected. I thought it would be very simple to capture and edit my old vHS-C tapes through the capture device but was I very wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

computer 2: Processor Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Processor Speed 2.34 GHz

Memory (RAM) 4096 MB

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Operating System Version 5.1.2600

computer 1: is nearly identical but has one half the RAM

So what software do you have? This forum is for the software package Easy VHS to DVD which obviously you do not have if you only bought the USB device.

So what software do you have? This forum is for the software package Easy VHS to DVD which obviously you do not have if you only bought the USB device.

I knew there would be information that I forgot to add before hitting send. I am using Roxio Creator XE

Version: 10.1.239

Build: 112B39A, SBC

Serial Number: xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

I have also tried windows Movie Maker with the same results. Thanks for responding.

Edited by Larry

Keep working with Support on this, they know more than we do!

Plug the device into a port in the back of the PC.

Keep all lines as short as possible.

Run your camcorder from an AC adapter.

But the device is Hardware and it can fail – thus continue to pursue this with Support as only they can replace the device.

I knew there would be information that I forgot to add before hitting send. I am using Roxio Creator XE

Version: 10.1.239

Build: 112B39A, SBC

Serial Number: xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

I have also tried windows Movie Maker with the same results. Thanks for responding.

The XE version you have is usually one that came with a burner (Maddog as I recall), and as such will have limited functionality. What part of the suite are you trying to use to capture?

Did you purchase the USB device only or did you purchase it as part of the VHS to DVD package?

Have you connected it to the ports on the back of your PC or on the front? Are they USB 2.0 ports?

How do you have the camera connected? Are you using any USB extension cords?

What type of camera is it?

The XE version you have is usually one that came with a burner (Maddog as I recall), and as such will have limited functionality. What part of the suite are you trying to use to capture?

Did you purchase the USB device only or did you purchase it as part of the VHS to DVD package?

Have you connected it to the ports on the back of your PC or on the front? Are they USB 2.0 ports?

How do you have the camera connected? Are you using any USB extension cords?

What type of camera is it?

As I found out, the Roxio Creator XE that I am using is not really supported by Roxio as it usually comes bundled with a new computer. I have yet to connect the USB Capture device to any connections on the back of any of the computers. The camera, a Panasonic VHS-C Palmcorder, which is connected to the computer through a single video out connectionthen through RCA plugs that are connected to the USB capture device. No extension cord is used (although one came with the USB device). thanks for responding.