• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alaska49er

alaska49er

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:40 PM

Purchased the video capture device from Roxio, installed the software, hooked up the device and I am unable to capture the video from my camera. On the monitor screen in the program, all that I can see is a very distorted video image with color and terrible sound. I have been talking to Roxio support and have done what they recommended but to no avail. On one computer, I am unable at all to capture video. On the second computer, the video is also distorted and the signal is not detected or it will say protected. I thought it would be very simple to capture and edit my old vHS-C tapes through the capture device but was I very wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

computer 2: Processor Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Processor Speed 2.34 GHz
Memory (RAM) 4096 MB
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Operating System Version 5.1.2600

computer 1: is nearly identical but has one half the RAM

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,880 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (alaska49er @ Feb 12 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Purchased the video capture device from Roxio, installed the software, hooked up the device and I am unable to capture the video from my camera. On the monitor screen in the program, all that I can see is a very distorted video image with color and terrible sound. I have been talking to Roxio support and have done what they recommended but to no avail. On one computer, I am unable at all to capture video. On the second computer, the video is also distorted and the signal is not detected or it will say protected. I thought it would be very simple to capture and edit my old vHS-C tapes through the capture device but was I very wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

computer 2: Processor Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Processor Speed 2.34 GHz
Memory (RAM) 4096 MB
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Operating System Version 5.1.2600

computer 1: is nearly identical but has one half the RAM

So what software do you have? This forum is for the software package Easy VHS to DVD which obviously you do not have if you only bought the USB device.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 alaska49er

alaska49er

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (myguggi @ Feb 12 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what software do you have? This forum is for the software package Easy VHS to DVD which obviously you do not have if you only bought the USB device.

I knew there would be information that I forgot to add before hitting send. I am using Roxio Creator XE
Version: 10.1.239
Build: 112B39A, SBC
Serial Number: xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

I have also tried windows Movie Maker with the same results. Thanks for responding.

Edited by Larry, 14 February 2009 - 05:14 AM.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,971 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:47 AM

Keep working with Support on this, they know more than we do!

Plug the device into a port in the back of the PC.

Keep all lines as short as possible.

Run your camcorder from an AC adapter.

But the device is Hardware and it can fail – thus continue to pursue this with Support as only they can replace the device.

Posted Image

#5 Larry

Larry

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,236 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (alaska49er @ Feb 13 2009, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I knew there would be information that I forgot to add before hitting send. I am using Roxio Creator XE
Version: 10.1.239
Build: 112B39A, SBC
Serial Number: xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

I have also tried windows Movie Maker with the same results. Thanks for responding.

The XE version you have is usually one that came with a burner (Maddog as I recall), and as such will have limited functionality.  What part of the suite are you trying to use to capture?

Did you purchase the USB device only or did you purchase it as part of the VHS to DVD package?

Have you connected it to the ports on the back of your PC or on the front? Are they USB 2.0 ports?

How do you have the camera connected? Are you using any USB extension cords?

What type of camera is it?
Larry
Registered Member Creator 2010 Pro, Creator 2009 Ultimate, EMC 10, 9, 8 Deluxe, 7.5, 7, ECDC 6,5,4

Dell Precision WorkStation 450 / 2 - Intel Xeon 2.80ghz CPU w/HT, 512mb L2 Cache, 533mhz Bus / 2gb RAM / 1800gb+ HDD's / NVIDIA GeForce 6200 / Lite-On 165H6S CD DVD+/- DVD+/-DL /  Plextor PX-708UF /
Hauppage WinTV HVR-950Q / Hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II 250 / Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2 / XP Pro SP3 / Windows 7

#6 alaska49er

alaska49er

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Larry @ Feb 14 2009, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The XE version you have is usually one that came with a burner (Maddog as I recall), and as such will have limited functionality.  What part of the suite are you trying to use to capture?

Did you purchase the USB device only or did you purchase it as part of the VHS to DVD package?

Have you connected it to the ports on the back of your PC or on the front? Are they USB 2.0 ports?

How do you have the camera connected? Are you using any USB extension cords?

What type of camera is it?

As I found out, the Roxio Creator XE that I am using is not really supported by Roxio as it usually comes bundled with a new computer. I have yet to connect the USB Capture device to any connections on the back of any of the computers. The camera, a Panasonic VHS-C Palmcorder, which is connected to the computer through a single video out connectionthen through RCA plugs that are connected to the USB capture device.  No extension cord is used (although one came with the USB device).  thanks for responding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users