Sign in to follow this  
twidget007

Help Converting Aac To Mp3 Format

Question

I just bought Toast 10, opened up the box and downloaded the software. I went to contents, Chapter 7, Converting Audio and Video and convert Audio Files. I followed the steps and got to step 5, choose one of the available conversion formats. There is no option for MP3. What I need to do is convert my songs already in iTunes from AAC to MP3 format. I am a Mac user and have a Dare phone. I have a 8GB memory card for my phone and want to put my music on it. I could spend money on an iPhone but do not want to deal with ATT customer service, AGAIN. If anyone has any suggestions please help. Hopefully I won't have to throw away this program and waste the money I spent buying it. Thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

You can create MP3 audio copies from the AAC files within iTunes. Choose the General tab in iTunes Preferences. Click the Import Settings button. Choose MP3 Encoder next to Import Using:. Close the preferences. Now you'll see an option in the Advanced menu to "Create MP3 version." Select the tracks you want to convert and choose that menu item.

No version of Toast has an MP3 encoder. Another good MP3 encoder is the freeware Audion.

I didn't realize that you could do that to iTune songs and take the DRM off to be able to use them in anything besides an Apple product. Learn something new everyday.

I don't know if it works with iTunes Music Store tracks with DRM. It may be that those tracks must be first burned to an audio CD from within iTunes and then imported back as MP3.

Thanks to all for the great advice. The advice that tsantee wrote WORKED where I can change the import settings and than the advanced settings to convert to MP3. YAYYYY!!!!! Now I don't have to listen to other peoples music at work. Thanks again.

Edited by twidget007

I suggest that you try some online audio converter and see if they can help to convert AAC to MP3, or convert AAX to MP3, etc.

Bestybolton,

The topic you've replied to was SOLVED, and is now 8 years old.

Please watch what you're doing, and don't "necropost" to topics that have been extinct for years.