Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,599 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:00 AM

View Postjanmilie, on Jan 9 2006, 02:09 AM, said:

every time i try to drag a video-ts folder into popcorn, it shuts down
Update to version 1.0.3.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 jdmarshkid

jdmarshkid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 02:43 AM

Hello fellow dudes.

I too have Roxio Popcorn, Version 1.0, I have upgraded to version 1.0.3 and it still freezes and crashes when dragging a VIDEO_TS Folder. I have a Mac Powerbook 17inch (if it helps) Any suggestions or have I wasted 40?? anyone...................anyone............................anyone

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,599 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:23 AM

Try trashing the com.roxio.Popcorn.plist file that's in your User>Library>Preferences folder. You also could try a complete reinstall by trashing Popcorn as well.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#5 jishikawa

jishikawa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:18 PM

I'm having the same problem on a new Mac Mini 1.5 and I followed tsantee's suggestion with no success.  Everytime I trash the plist file and reopen the app, it takes me back to the setup assistant and asks me to agree to its license.  After I go through the process, the plist file is back in the preference folder and the problem still exists. Could it be that I've installed the same copy on my 2nd Mac?  My first install on my Power Mac works fine.

#6 lakewoodlawnman

lakewoodlawnman

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:50 AM

View Postjishikawa, on Feb 27 2006, 01:18 AM, said:

I'm having the same problem on a new Mac Mini 1.5 and I followed tsantee's suggestion with no success.  Everytime I trash the plist file and reopen the app, it takes me back to the setup assistant and asks me to agree to its license.  After I go through the process, the plist file is back in the preference folder and the problem still exists. Could it be that I've installed the same copy on my 2nd Mac?  My first install on my Power Mac works fine.

Have you update the Mini to version 1.0.3 too?

Have you updated your OS lately?  

I just did mine to 10.4.5, and then I always verify and fix permissions.

Trash your plist, fix permissions ( even if you didn't update) then open app.

See what happens.

#7 daqueenan

daqueenan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:25 PM

View Postlakewoodlawnman, on Feb 27 2006, 06:50 AM, said:

Have you update the Mini to version 1.0.3 too?

Have you updated your OS lately?  

I just did mine to 10.4.5, and then I always verify and fix permissions.

Trash your plist, fix permissions ( even if you didn't update) then open app.

See what happens.

Is version 1.0.3 ok with Mac OSX 10.4.5 then? I haven't upgraded to 10.4.5 yet just incase.

#8 lakewoodlawnman

lakewoodlawnman

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:29 PM

It works here.

#9 daqueenan

daqueenan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:20 PM

View Postlakewoodlawnman, on Mar 1 2006, 02:29 PM, said:

It works here.

Ok Thanks   :)

#10 moeferg

moeferg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:43 AM

I have a brand new iMac 17. I just downloaded popcorn last night and it didn't work at first. Afer some research I found the patch and downloaded it. It now works fine. I did try the DVD2One trial version for burning and it worked also. Popcorn does seem slower however but the movie quality is better.

#11 cycle1der2

cycle1der2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:24 PM

I have just upgraded my imac to Tiger 10.4.7 and now every time I drag a Video TS folder to Popcorn it quits unexpectedly.  What can I do to fix this problem?  I read about verifying permissions, how do I do that?  :)

#12 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,599 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:24 PM

View Postcycle1der2, on Jul 12 2006, 02:24 PM, said:

I have just upgraded my imac to Tiger 10.4.7 and now every time I drag a Video TS folder to Popcorn it quits unexpectedly.  What can I do to fix this problem?  I read about verifying permissions, how do I do that?  :)
Repairing permissions is done with Disk Utility. Open Disk Utility, select your boot hard drive in the window and click the Repair Permissions button.

I suggest you trash the Popcorn plist file that's in your User>Library>Preferences folder. A new one will be created when you relaunch Popcorn.

Is yours an iMac with the Intel processor or the PowerPC processor?

#13 cycle1der2

cycle1der2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:29 AM

ok tsantee, I have the Power PC.  I dumped plist and completed disk permissions, but the problem persists.  I appreciate your assistance, any other suggestions??

#14 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,599 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 03:28 PM

View Postcycle1der2, on Jul 18 2006, 10:29 AM, said:

ok tsantee, I have the Power PC.  I dumped plist and completed disk permissions, but the problem persists.  I appreciate your assistance, any other suggestions??
This shouldn't be happening and it's hard to guess why it is. The fact that it worked prior to 10.4.7 suggests that something went awry in the System during the incremental update. One thing to try is download and apply the 10.4.7 combined system update (this is a very large download). Many people have fixed various issues by applying the combined system update on top of the incremental update.

Get an application such as Macaroni, Onyx or MacJanitor to clean your system caches. This may be where the problem is happening. Macs automatically clean caches on daily, weekly and monthly schedules but only if they are awake in the wee morning hours. The above applications let you select when you want this done.

Also try creating a new user and run Popcorn from that User account. Does that make any difference?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users