I'm new to Toast - what settings are best for burning a DVD? (got it today), and primarily I'd like to burn DVDs (single layer) of SD DV (.dv & .mov file), so what settings (& where) should I choose for burning DVD:
- up to one hour worth of material; and:
- up to 2 hours worth of material ?
I noticed some "Automatic" and "Custom" settings' choices, but not sure what exactly to do/set/choose...
The objective is to get the BEST QUALITY possible in both cases (when 1-hr and/or 2- hrs long).
What I really do NOT know is what should I enter (for the BEST QUALITY) in the ENCODING Tab fields when choosing CUSTOM (the "Automatic" is kind of self-explanatory - there is only one bar to be moved through Good, Better and Best, so I'd choose BEST, but - is this really the BEST QUALITY that I can get out of the Toast 10.0.1?).
What to enter in the ENCODING Tab fields when choosing CUSTOM (from top down):
- Video Format (MPEG-2 is there and this is what I need, so that one is OK)
- Average Bit Rate?
- Maximum Bit Rate?
- Motion Estimation? (and - what is the check box for: "Half-PEL" ?)
- Field Dominance?
- Aspect Ratio? (what is the difference if I leave it at "Automatic", or I choose "4:3"?
- Audio Format?
- Data Rate?
- Dynamic Range Compression? (what is this check box for?)
Edited by marekn, 22 March 2009 - 08:47 PM.