• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joel39

joel39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:39 PM

HAVE SPENT ENTIRE DAY TRYING TO GET COOPERATION FROM rOXIO CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES TO PROVIDE THE PRODUCT KEY WHICH ROXIO PHOTOSHOW 5 PREMIUM CD SETUP DISC INSISTS I MUST INPUT. I REGRET TO SAY THAT I HAVE TO GIVE UP THIS ATTEMPT TO GET THE PRODUCT KEY ROXIO INSISTS I PROVIDE, THOUGH IT IS ROXIO'S RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVIDE IT TO THIS CUSTOMER.

TECHNICALLY, THE ROXIO PHOTOSHOW 5 PREMIUM IS SUPERIOR TO THE COMCAST PHOTOSHOW DELUXE I USED, BUT ROXIO CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS TOTALLY UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO PROVIDE THE "SERVICE" IT SAYS IT WILL. THIS IS TRUE BOTH ONLINE AND BY PHONE.

ALL I CAN CONCLUDE IS THAT WITH THE UNIFORM DYSFUNCTIONALITY I OBSERVE, THAT SOMEONE WANTS CUSTOMER SERVICE TO FAIL, AND WHOEVER THAT PERSON IS, HE OR SHE IS "SUCCEEDING" IN ACHIEVING THE TOTAL FAILURE OF THAT PART OF ROXIO.

IT IS SAD THAT ROXIO HAS SUCH AN OUTSTANDING PRODUCT AS PHOTOSHOW AND THEN GIVES CUSTOMERS SUCH A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WHEN THEY SEEK ASSISTANCE WHICH THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO ASK FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,250 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:16 AM

Steve, your  "  PhotoShow_sign_in.jpg ( 99.91K ) Number of downloads: 0 "   isn't working.....

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

cd

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,543 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (joel39 @ Mar 27 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HAVE SPENT ENTIRE DAY TRYING TO GET COOPERATION FROM rOXIO CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES TO PROVIDE THE PRODUCT KEY WHICH ROXIO PHOTOSHOW 5 PREMIUM CD SETUP DISC INSISTS I MUST INPUT. I REGRET TO SAY THAT I HAVE TO GIVE UP THIS ATTEMPT TO GET THE PRODUCT KEY ROXIO INSISTS I PROVIDE, THOUGH IT IS ROXIO'S RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVIDE IT TO THIS CUSTOMER.

TECHNICALLY, THE ROXIO PHOTOSHOW 5 PREMIUM IS SUPERIOR TO THE COMCAST PHOTOSHOW DELUXE I USED, BUT ROXIO CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS TOTALLY UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO PROVIDE THE "SERVICE" IT SAYS IT WILL. THIS IS TRUE BOTH ONLINE AND BY PHONE.

ALL I CAN CONCLUDE IS THAT WITH THE UNIFORM DYSFUNCTIONALITY I OBSERVE, THAT SOMEONE WANTS CUSTOMER SERVICE TO FAIL, AND WHOEVER THAT PERSON IS, HE OR SHE IS "SUCCEEDING" IN ACHIEVING THE TOTAL FAILURE OF THAT PART OF ROXIO.

IT IS SAD THAT ROXIO HAS SUCH AN OUTSTANDING PRODUCT AS PHOTOSHOW AND THEN GIVES CUSTOMERS SUCH A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WHEN THEY SEEK ASSISTANCE WHICH THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO ASK FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Some one must be mad at me; I could not edit that post so I deleted it.  Here is the text.  I am also not able to add an image.  Prhaps Invision is screwed up again -- or I have been demoted ! unsure.gif
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn off all caps; yelling at the users won't help !   I understand that you are angry but it may be clouding your thought process.  Calm down and answer the questions below. Unless of course, it was just a rant and you don't want help.

Do you have SimpleStar, Nero, or Roxio PhotoShow 5?  The current Roxio product is PhotoShow 6.  You got it via a CD or did you download it?  The product is free but you must have a paid for premium account.  Did you pay for the premium account and can you log in?  

Did you look for the product key on the envelop or case the CD came in?  Where did you get the CD.  If directly from Roxio, then just arrange to return it within 30 days and you will get your money back.  If you bought it from a local store, take it back and tell them it is defective.  If you bought it on-line from someone like Amazon, contact the seller.  If you got it from e-bay or similar, then you probably got ripped off by the seller.  Good luck getting your money back.

Look at it from their standpoint; how do they know that the software you have is not a pirated copy that is supposed to give you the Premium free?

One last question please.  If you are unable to load and run the program on the CD, how do you know it is a superior program to what Concast had?

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 joel39

joel39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:26 AM

Answer to my complaint about Roxio failure to provide product key:

1. I know Photoshow 5 is a superior product, because I purchased it online, including a CD. The PC on which I first ran it gave me no grief.

2. When I went to a backup PC and downloaded the CD Roxio sent me for 16 some dollars more, it demanded a product key.

Despite the repeated requests, Roxio did not send me the needed produict key to activate the Premium subscription in the second PC, nor did a telephone call to customer service, where the operator told me to call another number, that she as a member of the Roxio"customer care" team, had nothing to do with product keys.

3. I am running the software for Roxio Photoshow 5 on the backup PC in a trial mode, since no one at Roxio seems inclined to provide me the product key for the Premium subscription, which Roxio demands, but withholds.

4. With this continuing (apparent?) inability of Roxio customer support representatives to understand and comply with a reasonable request, the time is at hand for me to file a complaint with the attorney general of the Commonwealth of Virginia. The attorney general will most like turn my complaint over to the consumer protection agency, which may encourage Roxio to become serious about fulfilling its end of the bargain.

5. Thank you for your comment. Yelling isn't the way. But what is the way remains to be seen. If my yelling helps get Roxio to realize that it has a dysfunctional customer support branch, AND perhaps eventually provide me the product key that Roxio both demands and withholds.

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,543 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (joel39 @ Mar 28 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Answer to my complaint about Roxio failure to provide product key:

1. I know Photoshow 5 is a superior product, because I purchased it online, including a CD. The PC on which I first ran it gave me no grief.

2. When I went to a backup PC and downloaded the CD Roxio sent me for 16 some dollars more, it demanded a product key.

Despite the repeated requests, Roxio did not send me the needed produict key to activate the Premium subscription in the second PC, nor did a telephone call to customer service, where the operator told me to call another number, that she as a member of the Roxio"customer care" team, had nothing to do with product keys.

3. I am running the software for Roxio Photoshow 5 on the backup PC in a trial mode, since no one at Roxio seems inclined to provide me the product key for the Premium subscription, which Roxio demands, but withholds.

4. With this continuing (apparent?) inability of Roxio customer support representatives to understand and comply with a reasonable request, the time is at hand for me to file a complaint with the attorney general of the Commonwealth of Virginia. The attorney general will most like turn my complaint over to the consumer protection agency, which may encourage Roxio to become serious about fulfilling its end of the bargain.

5. Thank you for your comment. Yelling isn't the way. But what is the way remains to be seen. If my yelling helps get Roxio to realize that it has a dysfunctional customer support branch, AND perhaps eventually provide me the product key that Roxio both demands and withholds.

If you bought the product directly from Roxio, you shoulde have gotten 2 e-mails.  One with the location of the download and one with the poduct key.  Perhaps it was accidentally deleted? or blocked by your spam filter.

Try this also:

Questions After Purchase
If you have questions about payment, product download, shipping or general status of your order, please call 1-800-656-5443 or click here for further assistance. Please note Customer Service can not address technical issues.
If you need assistance on other non-technical issues, please click here to submit a request for service to a Roxio Customer Care Representative.

Perhaps you used the Tech Service number?

What do you mean "second PC" in the above?

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users