• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lilith

Lilith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

I have 4 gigabyte DVDs and the burning software only lets me burn up to 2 gigs.  Even at low quality when I burn an error message will come up and tell me that there is not enough room on the DVD when there clearly is.  Why is this happening?

It says, "Project size exceeds maximum capacity".

Edited by Lilith, 28 March 2009 - 08:34 PM.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,847 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:22 AM

Not enough real info to even spin the wheel

Video is based on TIME and file sizes is totally useless information…

A 4.7GB DVD holds about 1 hour of DVD Movie at best quality. It sounds like you are trying to pack more than 2 hours onto one! Every minute past 1 hour is put on by sacrificing more and more quality…

To exceed 2 hours you will have to burn to Folder (at HQ) then use Disc Copier to burn that Folder to disc. – DC does the best job of making it fit.

Posted Image

#3 Lilith

Lilith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Jim_Hardin @ Mar 29 2009, 04:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not enough real info to even spin the wheel

Video is based on TIME and file sizes is totally useless information…

A 4.7GB DVD holds about 1 hour of DVD Movie at best quality. It sounds like you are trying to pack more than 2 hours onto one! Every minute past 1 hour is put on by sacrificing more and more quality…

To exceed 2 hours you will have to burn to Folder (at HQ) then use Disc Copier to burn that Folder to disc. – DC does the best job of making it fit.

It says there is 30-45 minutes left on this disc, there is still visible space on the disc, and the movie I am trying to put on is 1.9 minutes in length.  The quality is fit to disc.  Still won't let me do it sad.gif

Edited by Lilith, 01 April 2009 - 03:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users