grm

Emc 10

Question

I have just had the new rebuild update installed for emc 10. Since installing, Emc 10 will not ID music, or format my video card as it did prior to the update. For music ID, the Gracenote icon goes to the top left upper corner as before, however, the bar graph flashes on the screen for a second or two and then comes back with no match. I can record the same with my Easy VHS to DVD and it finds them every time. What is wrong? The same is true when trying to work with my home movies. Easy VHS will format my video card automatically at start-up of Videowave. Emc 10 will not. Help!

Jerry

Edited by grm

5 answers to this question

My recollection is that EMC Creator and Easy VHS to DVD cannot coexist. So decide which one you want to keep.

Question: What do you mean by "format my video card"?

Edited by malatekid

I think Jess may be right.

Uninstall both of them and then install just EMC 10. See if that works. (the driver for the device will not be effected)

Can't wait to hear what "format my video card" means???

I think Jess may be right.

Uninstall both of them and then install just EMC 10. See if that works. (the driver for the device will not be effected)

Can't wait to hear what "format my video card" means???

I think he means that VideoWave, or MyDVD will run a test on the video card, and then set it to either Hardware, or Software, for rendering.

The test is done automatically, after you update drivers for your video card, or the first time that the Roxio software is used, after installing the software.

Thanks for all of your suggestions, I will try just EMC 10. Jim, Iwant you to know that grandpabruce is correct I think. I just had this in for sring clean-up, and they updated my video drivers, lightscribe, easy vhs to dvd, emc 10, & the media player. They told me everything came out first. I do not know the order they were put back in. I did question Roxio when I purchased Easy vhs about compatibility and was told that they were. Will try your way. Thanks again, grm

This is grm again. If I install just emc 10, will I be able to use my easy VHS to DVD capture device ( 2861 ) to capture video with emc 10 ? I'm new to computers and appreciate your patience with me, thank you for helping me.

grm