Roxio Community

Tivo Transfer, Mac (10.5.6), & Jse 6 (bad Combo)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 westones

westones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:02 AM

After an hour or so of trying to figure out why Tivo Transfer no longer saw my Tivo (it worked a month ago), I finally stumbled upon the reason.

My default JVM/JRE was set to JSE 6.0 (64-bit only).  Once I changed the default JRE to 5.0, my Tivo was recognized.  Mac2Tivo had no issues with either JRE.

Just a thought if you're having issued with Tivo Transfer seeing your DVR.

-sk

#2 Pedro M

Pedro M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:21 AM

Thanks much for this post, as I was driving myself mad wondering how in the world I had lost all access to my shows and DVR.  I wish this were made a sticky or something...

QUOTE (westones @ Apr 11 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After an hour or so of trying to figure out why Tivo Transfer no longer saw my Tivo (it worked a month ago), I finally stumbled upon the reason.

My default JVM/JRE was set to JSE 6.0 (64-bit only).  Once I changed the default JRE to 5.0, my Tivo was recognized.  Mac2Tivo had no issues with either JRE.

Just a thought if you're having issued with Tivo Transfer seeing your DVR.

-sk

#3 samkass

samkass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

There has been an update of the 5.0 JVM that also appears to break TiVo Transfer.  You now have to go all the way back to 1.4.x to get it to work.

Hopefully Roxio will provide an update soon!

#4 kleeberg

kleeberg

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:07 AM

Interestingly, 3 months later and the beta posted yesterday loads and crashes on my newly installed 10.6.

#5 Ed Smith

Ed Smith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:55 AM

I downloaded the TivoTransfer preview app and it loaded quickly which is intended to fix the Snow Leopard issue  (Cocoa problem) that broke the Tivo Transfer function.  However, the list is blank?  It is reading something because it recognizes how many shows and the total size at the bottom but you cant see anything to select/download? Any suggestions?

#6 Siz

Siz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:31 AM

Is there a way to revert back to Java 5 with OS 10.6? It sounds like the reason I can't see my TiVo in 10.6 is because of Java. That stinks if that is the case.

#7 myphsto

myphsto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:45 PM

Any word from Roxio on this problem?  I've been forced to use the good old low tech curl method of getting my recordings.  Seems since Snow Leopard came out we haven't had a stable working version of the all of the TiVo related software!
I'm a developer and I have to stick with the latest 1.6 JVM as my primary runtime for Java.  Since the 10.0.5 patch of Toast Ti even the video player doesn't work... very very disappointed with the quality of this software and response time for what I would consider critical bugs.

#8 rosedale

rosedale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:45 AM

i am having the same problem, just bought toast 10, did upgrades and still can't see my dvr...i really don't understand what you did!!!  any help with that???

#9 RG-NYC

RG-NYC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (rosedale @ Jan 28 2010, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am having the same problem, just bought toast 10, did upgrades and still can't see my dvr...i really don't understand what you did!!!  any help with that???

Same issue here. I installed the 10.0.6 update and now TiVo transfers is broken. Hopefully an update soon resolving this matter Roxio? blink.gif

#10 mardi

mardi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Pedro M @ Apr 20 2009, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks much for this post, as I was driving myself mad wondering how in the world I had lost all access to my shows and DVR.  I wish this were made a sticky or something...

I am having the same problem but,My Macbook pro doesn't give me the option to change to 0.5 I only have 0.6. Now i don't know what to do. Also my computer comes up on tivo for music and Photos but not movies, does anyone know how to fix this?

#11 robinson_galera

robinson_galera

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:44 AM

You may try this procedures if this may help !?  

Clean Install for Toast 10

a. Open a new finder
b. Find Toast 10 Titanium folder
c. Applications Folder
d. Drag the folder to the Trash
e. Go to Home / account user folder
f. Library then Application Support
g. Delete these following files :
BeLight Software
CDSpinDoctor
Mac2TiVo
Roxio
h. Go to Preferences
i. Delete these following files if existing
com.roxio.deepseasoftware.CDSpinDoctor.plist
com.roxio.hzsystems.CDSpinDoctor.plist
com.roxio.Streamer.plist
com.roxio.Toast.plist
com.tivo.desktop.plist
com.belightsoft.DiscCover2.plist
com.elgato.VideoPlayer.plist
Roxio Toast Prefs
j. Open Trash folder
k. Empty the trash.

For Toast 10 PRO

a. Open a new finder
b. Find Toast 10 Titanium folder
c. Applications Folder
d. Drag the folder to the Trash
e. Go to Home / account user folder
f. Library then Application Support
g. Delete these following files :
BeLight Software
Boinx
CDSpinDoctor
LightZone
Mac2TiVo
Roxio
h. Go to Preferences
i. Delete these following files if existing
com.roxio.deepseasoftware.CDSpinDoctor.plist
com.boinx.fotomagico.LSSharedFileList
com.boinx.fotomagico.plist
com.lightcrafts.LightZone.plist
com.roxio.hzsystems.CDSpinDoctor.plist
com.roxio.Mac2Tivo.plist
com.roxio.restore.plist
com.roxio.Streamer.plist
com.roxio.Toast.plist
com.tivo.desktop.plist
com.belightsoft.DiscCover2.plist
Roxio Toast Prefs
j. Open Trash folder
k. Empty the trash.

After doing the clean install try to reinstall again the Toast 10. Please let me know if this will resolve the issue...

Many thanks,
Francis Lee

Edited by robinson_galera, 25 March 2010 - 06:44 AM.

#12 NP in Can

NP in Can

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:57 AM

I bought Popcorn 4 specifically to transfer my Tivo recordings to my new iMac and it's worked fine until today (I hadn't transferred any recordings for a couple of months).  First, my Tivo DVR no longer showed up in the list, then I was prompted to upgrade to Popcorn 4.0.2 which I did and now I can't even find the place where all my transferred Tivo recordings were listed.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

#13 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,478 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (NP in Can @ Apr 22 2010, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought Popcorn 4 specifically to transfer my Tivo recordings to my new iMac and it's worked fine until today (I hadn't transferred any recordings for a couple of months).  First, my Tivo DVR no longer showed up in the list, then I was prompted to upgrade to Popcorn 4.0.2 which I did and now I can't even find the place where all my transferred Tivo recordings were listed.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

You might try a clean install (see above post but look for files with Popcorn in the name). Also, be sure to activate the TiVo function in the Popcorn setup when launching Popcorn (or a Popcorn update) for the first time.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#14 gpolo

gpolo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

How exactly are we suppose to revert to use a older version of Jse. I am running JSE 6 on my mac and cannot figure out how to run an older version. My TIVO DVR does not show up in TIVO transfers

#15 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,478 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:30 AM

View Postgpolo, on 05 July 2010 - 07:03 PM, said:

How exactly are we suppose to revert to use a older version of Jse. I am running JSE 6 on my mac and cannot figure out how to run an older version. My TIVO DVR does not show up in TIVO transfers
I don't know that this is necessary any more. TiVo Transfer included with Popcorn 4.0.4 or Toast 10.0.7 both work fine on my Intel Macs running OS 10.6.4 with my TiVo Premiere. I did nothing special; they just worked from the get-go.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#16 Stephen Finlay

Stephen Finlay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

View Postgpolo, on 05 July 2010 - 07:03 PM, said:

Hadn't used mine for a while, but it was exhibiting the same problem when I did go to use it last night. Went to investigate using a utility program called 'Bonjour Browser' and as soon as I ran this, the Tivo Transfer program 'found' the Tivo and the transfer worked fine.

This seems to be repeatable. Maybe an alternative to changing the Java version set in OS X, which other people seem to believe is the root cause of the problem.

#17 ariel444

ariel444

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:54 AM

View PostStephen Finlay, on 26 July 2010 - 02:33 PM, said:

Hadn't used mine for a while, but it was exhibiting the same problem when I did go to use it last night. Went to investigate using a utility program called 'Bonjour Browser' and as soon as I ran this, the Tivo Transfer program 'found' the Tivo and the transfer worked fine.

This seems to be repeatable. Maybe an alternative to changing the Java version set in OS X, which other people seem to believe is the root cause of the problem.

what do you mean by 'investigate' bonjour browser?  i downloaded that program and opened it up, but don't know where to go from there...  thanks!

#18 janieb

janieb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Preferences

§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

&#1056;&#1091;&#1089;&#1089;&#1082;&#1080;&#1081;

alt

alt

PreferencesI
I am a novice. what is a JSE. Someone please help me step by step. I am lost and frustrated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users