• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 PingPong

PingPong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:32 PM

I am taking clips from an mpeg1 off a CD using Storyline Editor.  The sound and video play together correctly on the CD.  When I trim in the software the sound and video are off by a couple of seconds.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might fix this?   I tried copying the .mpeg files from the CD to my hard drive and pulling them in to the software from my C:\ drive but that didn't work (and that is the only thing I could think of to try!).

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

#2 Mad Genius

Mad Genius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:47 AM

PingPong,

What version of VideoWave are you using??  I used to use MGI VideoWave 4 [before Roxio bought MGI out] and had this very same problem when rendering video segments together, and as unfortunate as this sounds, what you're experiencing is VideoWave's infamous A/V synching software bug, which is prevalent both in early and current versions of VideoWave.  Because of this, I've moved on to using Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Edition, which in my honest opinion does everything VideoWave SHOULD do and much, much more, and by far is more stable and easier to use.  Plus, you won't have any annoying audio synching issues when working with Sony VMS 9 PE.  I know this is a Roxio Support Community, but I'd recommend switching to better software that won't give you grief when putting a project together.

#3 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (Mad Genius @ Mar 16 2010, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PingPong,

What version of VideoWave are you using??  I used to use MGI VideoWave 4 [before Roxio bought MGI out] and had this very same problem when rendering video segments together, and as unfortunate as this sounds, what you're experiencing is VideoWave's infamous A/V synching software bug, which is prevalent both in early and current versions of VideoWave.

You dragged up a thread that has been dead for almost a year.  blink.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif

WRONG!  I have had every version since EMC 7, and I have NEVER had an A/V problem.

Most of the A/V problems are caused by dropped frames in capture, poor computer maintenance, or running programs in the background, when doing video work.

BTW, Ping Pong hasn't checked back in almost a year.

Edited by grandpabruce, 16 March 2010 - 08:56 AM.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#4 Mad Genius

Mad Genius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:38 PM

I didn't notice the date on the original post and I apologize for bringing a dead thread back up.  As per what you've mentioned -- Most of those factors are true to a certain degree, but sometimes its the software's design that's the problem -- well, it was for me with my copy of VideoWave 4 and I've used it on a powerful computer [forgive my snideness] and honestly, I'm glad I'm using Sony VMS because I'm happy with its results.

#5 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,576 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Mad Genius @ Mar 17 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't notice the date on the original post and I apologize for bringing a dead thread back up.  As per what you've mentioned -- Most of those factors are true to a certain degree, but sometimes its the software's design that's the problem -- well, it was for me with my copy of VideoWave 4 and I've used it on a powerful computer [forgive my snideness] and honestly, I'm glad I'm using Sony VMS because I'm happy with its results.

I have been using Roxio's Videowave since EMC 7 and have never had a single case of a problem with a/v sync. I have no idea to what "infamous infamous A/V synching software bug" you are referring. If there were such a bug it would appear for everyone blink.gif

A/v sync problems have been reported with every editing software, that does not mean that they all have a bug.

I am glad that Sony VMS works for you and your happy with it. rolleyes.gif

Edited by myguggi, 17 March 2010 - 04:49 PM.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users